Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

MY RWD ordered in october to be collected on 27th march.

MY LR ordered in January still at feb-mar. But dont hold out much hope of it arriving before i have to pay for the RWD.

glad i didnt cancel or change the My RWD order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I was in Newbridge this morning and on the way back I took a little detour into the Baldonnell exit. NVD entrance was closed, as it's a Sunday, but the main reason was to see if I can access it if I use public transport.

The 77A and 65B bus routes terminate in Citywest and after a 5 minute walk, across the bridge over the N7 and down the ramp, there's a footpath that goes along the side of the road right up to the turn for Baldonnell. So no more than 10 minutes walk from the bus stop.

For anyone using public transport to get there, the 65B from Poolbeg Street in the city would be by far the fastest way to get there.

The Luas would leave you much further away and probably a 20 minute walk to get there.

Driving there from the city is a bit of a magical mystery tour,either down to Rathcoole and back or all around the countryside from the Kingswood exit.

Post edited by rx8 on

To help pass the time for those of you awaiting your MY RWD over the next few weeks , here is the specs list :

PS, match this spec with Audi, VW, BMW, Merc, KIA etc and see the cost.

• 12 way power adjustable front seats with driver lumbar support
    • Single front passenger seat
    • Electronic fold flat seat release 40/20/40
    • Expansive glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
    • HEPA filtration system - "Bioweapon defence mode"
    • Center console with storage, 2 cup holders and armrest
    • Type 2 cable
    • Glovebox, lockable with illumination
    • Interior floor mats
    • Interior ambient lighting
    • Driver and front passenger sunvisors with illuminated vanity mirrors
    • Rear centre armrest with 2 cup holders
    • Power adjustable steering wheel
    • 3 seat bench in 2nd row
    • 2 fixed rear headrests
    • Automatic dual-zone climate control system
    • Front head restraints
    • Heated steering wheel
    • Map and reading lights
    • Heated rear seats
    • Heated front seats

• Single motor RWD
    • Type 2 connector
    • 11 kW AC onboard charger
    • Tesla mobile connector + domestic adapter (British 3-pin)
    • CCS charging connector (170Kw Max)

• Power folding, auto dimming and heated wing mirrors
    • Rear view mirror auto dimming
    • 3rd brake light
    • Automatic headlights and wipers
    • Auto headlights
    • Auto high beam
    • Rain sensitive windscreen wipers
    • LED Headlights
    • LED tail lights
    • Daytime running lights
    • Rear window defroster
    • Electric windows with one touch open

• Collision warning
    • Active safety technologies including collision avoidance and automatic emergency braking
    • Emergency braking
    • 3x3 point rear seatbelts
    • Electronic parking brake
    • Side curtain airbags
    • Electronic Brakeforce Distribution + Brake Assist
    • Driver/Front Passenger airbags
    • Tyre pressure monitoring system
    • Electronic stability control
    • 3 point front seatbelts with pre-tensioners
    • Rear door child safety locks
    • Anti lock brake system + traction control

• Music and media via bluetooth
    • Premium audio 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps and full immersive sound
    • 4 USB C ports
    • DAB Digital radio

• 15" Touchscreen display
    • Power lift tailgate
    • Software updates over WiFi
    • Electric assisted front and rear doors
    • Emergency call service
    • Custom driver profiles
    • Speed limit recognition
    • Mobile App interface
    • Blind spot monitoring
    • Acoustic seat-belt warning
    • Bluetooth hands free phone with voice control system
    • Reversing camera
    • Speed sensitive power steering
    • Navigation system

• Keyless driving and keyless entry
    • Wireless phone charging
    • Dashcam
    • Anti theft alarm

You really are at a loose end today... did you type all that or copy and paste it from the Tesla website?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

It was actually hard to find a full listing of spec when I was looking so fair play for that

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Hi all,

added my name to the M3 waiting list over the weekend, was blown away after driving what felt like nearly every EV on the market. Placed my order last night, so working through the process now, have already come across the issue some others have noted where the grant is not shown on the order screen so have emailed about that already.

One thing though, the rep mentioned yesterday that at the worst the car would be delivered in June, from other's experience here would that seem accurate?

Thanks! (Also open to suggestions for accessories / extras to get while I'm waiting for the car!)

It’s not an issue and no need to waste your time emailing them. The grant amount will appear at the time of collection and final payment.

Try not to stress.

Read back through a few pages, there's links to some Aliexpress stuff.

Just go on their website, it's a rabbit hole that'll have you searching for hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 KaisceComoly

What did you order specifically? Might be worth keeping an eye on inventory stock over the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

Not doubting you,but when i use google maps it is telling me that it takes over 50 minutes walk from bus stop to

collection point.

The picture shows that it's a 3 minute drive from NVD to the bus stop, but you can actually walk this way from the bus to the collection point.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

Anyone know how long a trade-in offer from Tesla takes?

Submitted my car for trade-in 2 weeks ago and it still says pending.

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Thanks for the help folks. After a lot of deliberation we actually decided to keep it simple and went with a RWD in white with black interior, but would be flexible on the cosmetics. Keeping an eye on inventory now, that's a great shout, thanks @KaisceComoly !

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

It took me a little over a week to hear back. Just be warned, the quote you get will be rubbish and it's only vaild for 30 days. Tesla don't take trade ins of non Tesla's, They put it out the trade to bid on it. I was offered 20,950 for my 2020 VW E-Golf Executive Edition with 36K on the clock. The dealership I got it from offered to buy it back for 23K

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭_aurora_borealis

I can second the poor trade-in value Tesla offer. I have a 10 year old car which Tesla offered €4,250 for. Online it goes for anything between €11K and €14K. Within an hour yesterday, I got an offer of €8,500 from a different website, so wouldn't count on a competitive offer directly from Tesla.

Plenty of places who would buy your car for cash.

Have you got an order or just speculative prior to making an order?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I think their new trade in policy is they will only give a value within 30days of expected delivery so e.g. they will not give a valuation on a June delivery as outside the window

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

On your picture google says 63 minutes walking and 50 mins by public transport. Strange one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is it possible to change the registration details once I've already completed it?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

It is indeed. That’s why I was asking above if it was a confirmed order. No point constantly going back and forth but they should give an estimate.

You’d have to email them to ask. Depends how far into the process they have gone with regards to registration and grant.

Have an order, but April/May delivery date.

The 30 days I saw posted below explains it then

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭jiminho

Anyone heard if Tesla are going to start offering the 7 seat option for the anytime soon?

Any one else getting p1$$ed off hearing about people being offered cancellations of the same spec you ordered when you ordered it before them? Bizarre behaviour from Tesla

Yes! Was thinking the same thing.

here I am refreshing the inventory multiple times a day, and people who ordered last week are being offered cancellations

Exactly, I'm the same! Can't understand it at all

Yea that’s it. If you had an impending delivery you could email them and they will prioritize it.

You could chance your arm and tell them you’re considering one from existing inventory depending on the trade price. That will speed it up or at least give you an estimate.

• Advertisement

That's because to drive/ walk, it shows you going around the world to it. You CAN actually walk along a footpath at the side of the N7,right up to the turn for Baldonnell.

Advertisement