Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How soon can I put out pasture swart (Munster region)?

Options
  • 27-02-2023 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I have beef cattle in a shed and would like to put them out in the field as soon as possible. But I must first fertilize the field with pasture swart. My understanding is that once pasture swart is put out, you must wait 3 weeks before letting cattle out on the field. Because of this 3 week waiting period, I am anxious to put out the pasture swart as soon as possible so that the 3 weeks can be ticking away. However at the same time, my understanding is that if you put out pasture swart too early in the year, while it is still cold, you do not get the full value from the pasture swart. So I want to put out the pasture swart as soon as possible, but not too soon at the same time.

How soon can I put out pasture swart (Munster region)?

Comments

Advertisement