Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

Instead we got Ray Burke's own private deal which was behind closed doors (civil servants locked out) and secret to everyone but himself.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Bergen city centre, Norway, where in theory any passing whacker could walk on board, steal or smash private boats up along the quay. However whackers are a bit of a rarity, as society is far more equal in status than we are used to. Everyone mostly lets everyone else live their lives in peace. We could have had a slice of this with a bit of acceptance and foresight.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

This is on tonight not tomorrow night just so you know.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• I feel an amount of despair for state services. I know from working with them there are great & extremely intelligent public servants, but the organisation in parts can be seriously bad.

• Advertisement

I think the guy Adam Harris is the brother of Simon Harris.

In the prime time investigates program.

It may seem OT but often talked subject in the program that was on Liveline and they often cut stuff from the promo to have it on later date on prime time.

Post edited by Jeff2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Great to see our MEPs busy, shur isn't that what we're paying them for

He is truly an amateur it that's what he is growing. 😊

One plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hodges

Ming today; let’s legalise drugs so we can put the drug barons out of business and control its contents and allow it to earn tax revenue.

Ming tomorrow; drugs are all owned by big pharma slash corporates, and over controlled by governments red tape and taxes. Let the man on the street run things.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

(former) friend of de show Aubrey McCarthy on Newstalk just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Listened back to the not so sophisticated scam from yesterday based on the comments. Some classics:

Joe (after talking to de D4-head for 15mins): Where are you from originally wit yer American accent?

Salva: I'm loike totes Dublin born and raised Joe

and

Joe: are there any famous Canadians? Any famous Belgians?

He really is a clown.

Shocked to hear de D4-head had a double barreled surname. Loike totes shocked. 🙄 AND she basically came on to humblebrag about how kind she is - might be related to The Toyman with that sense of modesty. She'll be telling that story on her wedding day, and to her grandchildren. She's probably considering writing a buke about it.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Red Fred

What's going through Joe's head today?

Ray Darcy on sound for the promo

Something about a film about bears and cocaine.

Dunnes Stores €5 off voucher scheeeeeme terms has changed. Whoy?

On todays show…

More Oirish movies are d’best ever.

More scam beggars.

More scabby supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭avfc1874

A listener wants to know if there are Irish actors who do be in cocaine/Bears,. Meaning Joe wants to know but wants the listeners to do his research in office hours.

+ Mrs Duffy missed out saving a few euro on the coddle ingredients as the voucher in Dunnes ran out, So Joe pretending that they were unindated with callers giving out shite

• Registered Users Posts: 82,571 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I remember 'the bread wars' of the 80's, the supermarkets started selling bread below cost, the wurding of 'bread war' meant as a chissler going in I was thinking of some class of battlefield during the shopping. I think this was when H Williams fell, Lord rest it.

On today's topic the €5 off €25 in Dunnes vouchers from what I remember were always for only 5 or so days, they were never longer than this or matched up with the 10 or so days you got on the €10 off €50 vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

Does Joe even venture in to de supermarkets?

Those Ben Dune vouchers are all smoke and mirrors. You will only save money if you do all your shopping in Dunes.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Aren’t they? You’ve only saved €10 if you were there last week, and you’ll only save €10 if you go back the next week. So effectively it’s only cost €10 in return for getting a lot of your €40+ along the way. It’s a self financed loyalty scheme.

M

The buoy who cried wolf snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

If you're not on de blower to give out about Met Eireann, den get off !

Oh here we go. Irelands answer to Exacta Weather and his click bait forecasts.

• Advertisement

So de point is Met Eireann are sh1t, but he won't say it

M

5/10/15 centimetres, wow, just wow, man the snow ploughs.

Hang on, you phoned us.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Met.ie aren't daft enough to come on, Joe.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,323 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Met Eireann won't come on Liveline. I could have forecast that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭touts

Alan O'Reilly doesn't think Met Eireann got it wrong but thinks there is a worrying lack of discussion about what MIGHT happen this week with snow. So when no one phoned him for comment he phoned Joe.

What actually happened is radio stations have finally copped onto his click bait bullshite and have stopped phoning him so he is upset that he might miss this opportunity for massive self promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Joe will create a run on the supermarkets and banks by the end of this.

You're not closing dem fcukin skewls !

How does de rest of the world get on FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I nearly had to put on Factor 50

What a pr1ck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭touts

He got it right once in 20 years and he has built a very profitable click bait business off it. Now the media have recognised he is a chancer he is upset.

Advertisement