Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not much chatter online on the eventual Jey turn. Has the storyline reached burnout?

Dont see anyone being elevated from this now that it’s settled back to a straight tag team matchup. At least the tag titles are getting a high profile match at mania at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Solid raw

The heel turn by Jey was done good but we all saw it coming eventually and maybe could of been more fitting to do it at EC

Definitely means now Sami is not been added to the Mania main event. Instead it will be the tag team with KO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Cotts72

It was the most anticipated and inevitable turn...I think WWE will sell it as Sami and KO still confronting the Usos individually until a week out from Mania ones saves the other from a further beat down ,stop and stare ..shake hands and hug..point to the sign..tag title match at Mania

• Registered Users Posts: 86,488 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Theory did well holding his own promo wise against Cena, who looked hunched and haggard but still a huge pop

Becks seems an after thought in the triple tag match, I thought Ronda and Shayna would show up also to tag title challenge, feel Trish will turn heel

The Jey turn was obvious and done too late but damn the bloodline still has me invested that now I want them all to retain at WM

Did Lita and Trish 'retire' initially because of injury?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think Raw was probably too stacked last night and the Jey thing could have possibly waited till Friday to get better traction personally. That being said I've a feeling it will main event night 1 this year. And all 4 guys deserve their flowers if that's the case, it would be the right call.

Cena hasn't many matches left from the looks and sounds of him and that's ok, he owes nothing. It feels like he was passing the torch to Cody there and potentially setting up a Cody/Theory feud down the line.

Trish, Lita and Becks VS Damage Ctrl definitely has a feel of a Mania match. Some turn around for Dakota Kai 12 months ago she was released now she's in a huge marquee match.

Logan Paul/Rollins segment worked, as hateful as Logan is he just gets pro wrestling to a tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Thought the same regarding Cena,age is catching up on him...he could surely ditch the jean shorts and cap carryon and this point..it just looks cringe

If only they would let Cena go 'heel' for one match

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If Cena wasn’t invested in Hollywood he would make a great heel spokesman for a faction. Think of the mic work if he was allowed to go heel.

Did Logan even connect that "punch" with Seth

• Advertisement

7 confirmed matches for Mania so far. Edge/Balor obviously in the pipeline and I assume we'll see Dom VS Rey along with an IC title match of some description and of course the tag title match between Usos and KO/Sami which brings us to 11.

Don't really see any other feuds you could call Mania match worthy? Probably an Andre the Giant battle royale? Some sort of Ronda involvement?

Trips already confirmed no battle royals at mania this year. They will most likely take place on the Smackdown before mania.

Trips wants less matches on the card. Quality over quantity and all that.

I've no issue with that but 11 matches feels a little light for two nights? I suppose if they're going to give them the proper time deserved it won't be.

I reckon it’ll end up with 12 matches. 6 per night. Don’t forget the obligatory music act and celeb appearances and hall of fame call outs that will drag out the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

I really don’t see what WWE see in Austin Theory.

He looks generic, promos are weak and isn’t particular great in the ring.

WWE tried to give him the Vince rub with his on screen storyline with him, gave him the MITB briefcase, gave him the Pat McAfee match last Wrestlemania and now he’s getting the Cena rub.

Having watched the Cena segment last night, I’m still struggling to really see what WWE see on him. Am I missing something with him?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm personally not interested in a KO & Sami story, on paper it's pretty good and goes back years.. but for some reason it just feels a bit meh to me. Maybe because it has so much history behind it, it feels like we've seen it before. I was really hoping they would figure out a way to have Sami and Jey together to take on Jimmy and Solo

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Jey hasn't 'turned' on Sami imo. He's protecting Jimmy from Roman.

Sami has obviously been the star of the show but Jey has been the MVP. Absolutely incredible storytelling.

Cody Vs. LA Knight

KO Vs. Solo

Bianca Vs. Chelsea Green or is it Chelsea Blue

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Really wish they would go back to 1 night WM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don’t unless they were to seriously cut the time back. The last few before the pandemic forced them to split it were awful, because they were too long and matches suffer because the fans don’t care.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cody's best promo yet by an absolute mile. he sounded like a human. it's the first one where he stripped away all the unnecessarily complicated verbiage and just talked.

I've absolutely no interest in Balor v Edge. I don't believe for one second that Edge's character actually cares that much, nor Balor's at this stage, so I simply do not care.

Brock v Omos is ludicrous. just utterly fúcking bonkers and pointless. Omos was only asked to do one spot last night and he couldn't do it properly. but sure, let Vince get his fetishes out. and fair play to Brock for only having to work 3 or 4 minutes on Wrestlemania for his paycheck.

Becky is wasted with Lita. just my 2c. but maybe all Becky wants to do at this stage is get to have some fun with legends, and that's fair enough.

thankfully Dominik's mic work has improved. i'm just about invested in Rey smacking him for the first time.

That Cody Reigns promo to end raw. Now that’s how you sell a PPV. Great job all round.

"A man without a family, a Roman with no more reigns, a chief without a tribe" Absolutely class line.

I think I have same pjs as Rollins 😄

Cody's vocal style in his promos annoyed me at first but they really have grown on me and that was one hell of a line/promo

Have a feeling he's winning the title at Mania with possibly Reigns getting it back at Sunmerslam

Go Home Raw before WM has Solo vs. Cody

MIZ TV welcomes Trish Lita and Becky

Dominic has to be the top heel, he is getting better on the mic

• Advertisement

He certainty has heat with the crowd that's for sure, they've done a great job getting him over as a heel.

Advertisement