Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mossie

Mine will hit 150 overnight but 6 to 11 in the evening is pretty much unusable now. I've phoned about it but get told it's my fault, when though there's only one device connected when I test. I did a test now with my laptop wired to router, nothing else connected and got 292kbps and it took 4 attempts to get a result at all. Mine was great for 2.5 years but the last 8 months have been progressively worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 George_Kaplan

Edit: Posted number was not accurate, replacing the image. From one hour later.

Pointing at this mast: https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/#site/TY046/52.7457656944/-7.983067023/1/Site%20TY046

Post edited by George_Kaplan on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

In the recent spectrum auction Imagine almost doubled their spectrum holding for nationwide use. One would assume this could ease up on congestion once it comes online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I am not an Imagine customer, but I very nearly was, and reading this thread I'm glad I never joined.

I would take what their sales guys say with a massive pinch of salt.

They were doing the hard sell around here when they were launching the service. Guy told me he'd guarantee I'd get 150meg at off peak times, and not less than 100meg on peak times. I asked him what speed I would get once the local mast was filled up to the max with users. He said exactly the same speeds. I said you can't have a full mast and not have a subsequent drop off in speeds

It was at this point I knew he was a buffer, as he was basically rewriting the laws of how wireless broadband works. I even asked was there no contention? It was then he realised I had a rough idea of what wireless broadband entailed, and that I wasn't a dumb guy willing to sign on the dotted line that night.

He didn't hang around much longer and in hindsight not signing was probably best decision I made.

Mine is actually fairly good this evening, up around 15 or 16 Mbps. Hopefully it will help ease congestion soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭howman

where are you based?

I am in Macroom area in Cork, have been limping along with standard eir contract, 5Mbps download at best, was just going to throw my lot in with Imagine, I can see the mast from my house , less than 1km away, should help matters I assume?

I'm near Newmarket. Maybe 3 or 4 km to mast. It was great for 2.5 years then downhill all the way since. Maybe see if any neighbours have imagine and check with them first?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭howman

thanks going to check around, sounds like I may be better off going Three 5G and sticking up an external antenna myself

I'm going to try 3 as soon as they activate 5g here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭rodge123

No internet this morning, just love this crowd! No signal bars on router at all. NBP can’t come soon enough.

Cappagh North Kildare Mast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭grizzcol2

Same here in Birr - appears to be down

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Down here in Mayo too 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,756 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Here as well - Mayo/Roscommon border. My system reports down since approx 3:15 am last night. Happy enough I have backup broadband link with other ISP. 8-)

Same in North Cork. Think it's back now because I can access my cameras from work

Unregistered Users

^^ Lucky you. ;-P

Still down here:

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Just back here in North Mayo!

Unregistered Users

Up here as well. 11:37 connected.

The good thing of all that outage is I finally found a moment to set auto-rollover thing on my main router. :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

Been down for all but two 20 minute stretches today in East Mayo, Kilmovee area. Second day in the space of a month it's been essentially completely unusable for a whole day. Not good enough. No communication either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chuckin

Can confirm the same in West Roscommon, Lisacul area. With the service not just slowing down with congestion but being unusable for entire working days it's hard to recommend Imagine to anyone who has another option.

At least it's not just me. I didn't contact Imagine because I wrongly assumed it would be fixed any minute but did you contact them? Could they not be aware of the issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 BigBuck

I'm in the same area and did. Just some vague "we're looking into it" and no ETA. Will contact first thing in the morning again if it's still down.

Unregistered Users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Reporting the same in Roscommon. The neighbours on Imagine were the same so definitely something wrong with at least one or more of the masts.

The one in Boher Bui north of Ballagh, why do you ask?

What are they liable for re: refunds when they don't provide the service they're billing for? Seriously effecting my job at this point.

Unregistered Users

Thought we're linked to the same one, but no. I'm connected to Mullaghanoe Hill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Down at nearly an identical time this Thursday as last. Third day inside a month with a major outage.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭rodge123

Getting terrible speeds/pings all evening on north Kildare Cappagh mast, anyone else? NBP can’t coming quick enough, to be rid of this shower will be like all my birthdays at once!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭HerrKapitan

Post edited by HerrKapitan on

Advertisement