Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harvindhillon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

Westmeath looking good ... well, it always does, but ....

4.4 kWh already from a 4.4 kWp system 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

6kWh so far from a 4.6kWp split evenly W/E, tops yesterday's 3.4kWh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

9.9kWh so far here in North Co. Dublin. It went a bit wonky around midday but looking good otherwise. My estimate is 15.8 for today and all going well should get that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

same blip here around mid day North county dublin 4kwp south east, 3 kwp north west (16kwhr generated so far which is more than my best full day so far)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

yes, this is more like it, will be pushing 30kwh today, self-consumption maxed but at least export is cushioned by CEG this year. great to see generation starting to trickle from 7ish this morning..

and later... pushing past 35kwh now, solar rocks!

final tally is 39.2kwh, got no work done today 🤪

Post edited by jkforde on

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

13.6kwH generated so far at 13.45 today. "Stuttered" into action in the morning as the sun cleared the overnight frozen graupel from the panels.

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im already at 8.6kwh today.

It could be my first double digits since installation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,083 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

16kWh so far, I think the sun is finally getting above my winter shading. Being baked out of it here in sunny south east!

23.4KWh thus far, Newcastle, South Dublin on a 6KW panel South facing.

The clouds rolled in an out, hence the dips. The home battery is charged, charging up the EV now, already added 10% to it.

It would be the highest yet since installation in the tail end of January.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Well I made it to double digits!!!!! - Im sitting at 11.5 kwh now. Best day since install. Saw peaks up to 3kW todays - first time Ive seen that.

I might even do 12 or 13 - still going here at 2.4kW peak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,083 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

18.6kWh here now. I'm no longer in the optimal part of the day for me, sun is breaking the rocks but it's too far west for my SSE facing panels. I'm still getting 1000w which is unheard of for this time of the day in my current setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

28.9kWh generated here from a 6kWp south facing array with no battery. Most of the energy has gone into the car, 13.6kWh and 5.2kWh exported. Ran most of the appliances for free though 😁

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

Well this is looking like a brilliant day. Almost 22 kWh and it's still getting 0.5 kWh at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

At 32khw presently and still going at around 1.7kwh now, the best day of the year by far.

17 into batteries, 8 into car, and 0.2kwh managed to escape me somehow

Tomorrow is a bit WTF met.ie?

This doesn't scream 16kwh to me:

Inclined to believe forceast.solar and charge at night

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Delboy5

17.5kWh from 4.8kWp south facing. Clouded over for the last hour, so wont make much more I think....

25kwH now and still generating 2.5kW at 17.00. Best day of 2023 to date.

Where'd you get the solar forecast from met eireann?

I'm betting they go by total irradiance and don't take cloud cover into account

Definitely looking like today is the exception for the week 😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Yeah the irradiation from their api, like everyone is doing from the automation thread.

Even for today it was way off, I think it estimated 23kwh

Below 1.5kW now so my Zappi is off, exporting 1kW now. Think I'm done for the day 😭

• Advertisement

30.74 KWh for today for me, should be done though I am still getting around 600W from the array.

Since it was a cold day despite the sun, a lot of it went into the heat pump (9KWh), car (12.1KWh) and Battery (5KWh). About 1.3KWh managed to escape to the grid, unfortunately.

It was pretty close to the Solcast forecast (33KWh), it also has tomorrow to be around 16KWh. It has been reasonably accurate for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

looks like 13.3kwh here in north kildare from 3kwp sw. the 1kw ne contributed 1kwh of that. wasnt a perfect run, I'd say 16 is possible

Still going here 😂

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just stopped generating, 39kWh with 91% self consumption, long may it continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

Finishing up with 22.5kwh which is easily new record for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

Stopped at 23.85kw today from 7.4kwp split across all directions except north.

Surpassed best day of the year by 8kw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

still generating here also but miniscule amount. I guess every little helps :)

Final tally for the day is 20.7kWh with 92% self consumption. 4.46kWp system in North Co. Dublin facing SW.

Topped up the battery, some energy to eddi, and then the remainder was the car charging all day. I managed to get 12kWh into the car alone. Pretty happy with that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Beat all three predictions and ended up with a very respectable 25.7kWh from a 4.8kWp south facing system in Dublin Fingal.

8.7kWh into battery, 2.8kWh to Eddi, 8.9kWh to Zappi and the remainder used directly by the house.

• Advertisement

Managed to generate a total of 26.7kWh today which beats my previous best one day generation of 24kWh on the 26th February.

Even though I've 5,600 watts installed in my array my inverter capacity is just 5kW. Over a 10 minute period today 14.00 - 14.10 I exceeded the inverter capacity by as much as 400 watts. I expected to be clipped back to at or below 5kW's when DC load exceed the 5kW threshold so that came as a surprise.

Advertisement