Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

Highest output in 5 months (since early Oct). And was still getting a few watts until 6pm. Roll on the ramp up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harvindhillon

Usually, the inverter can go slightly higher than it's rated capacity. Mine seem to comfortably do 6kw DC even though it is a 5kw inverter. I have blips where it goes 6.2kw, on the AC side of things it is clipped at 5.5kw

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭johndoe11

24.2kw from 4.4kwp west facing (250deg) & 4kwp east (70deg) in the midlands. 45 deg pitch. Was still producing 2.2kw at half five.

Previous best since January install was 17kwp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭idc

19.1 kWh North Dublin from 4.65 kWp SE/SW split

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

21kw today from 6kw South facing in Midlands.

Best by a longshot since October.

We're back in business 😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Just over 42kwh generated today. Nice return considering lots of parts of day had some cloud rolling in

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

43.9 kWh from 22x400w south facing today (Kildare area, mostly sunny) , best day since install about 3 weeks ago 😁😁😁🌞😉!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

Thats fantastic to hear. I never expected to be able to carry any of the excess DC load through the inverter for use on the AC side. I suppose in warmer weather this capacity might be reduced when inverter is operating under that sort of DC loading and working harder. Initially thought it might be a data reporting error or God forbid the inverter might be fried after observing an almost immediate drop in power from the 5400kW peak to 1000Kw. Must have just been a pesky cloud at exactly the worst time!

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

28.3kWh today, from a 6.84kW array, South facing, Roscommon. Best day of the year but am way behind last March already. Just had a peak at last year's numbers and was regularly hitting 30kWh during March, it really was an exceptional month. Still, almost at the vernal equinox and that's when it really kicked on last year until the autumnal one.

Usage really high today for some reason, so doubtful I'll have a nett surplus tonight, but getting closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sligopaul

31.8kwh from 6.67kwp SE in Sligo yesterday, today also looking promising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

My second string which is north west is starting to open its eyes a little - hope in another few weeks will pick up more.. its 3kwp versus 4 on string 1 which is south east. (yesterdays production) 23.1kwh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Guess met.ie prediction was spot on with 16kwh in the end for today.

100% charge batteries for tomorrow's 💩show though:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

We got a 6.72kW system installed yesterday, Dublin 18 southeast-facing roof. Today's total generated was 12.85kWh, used 5.57kW and fed the rest back into the grid, ESB Networks have already confirmed the NC6 form submitted by our installers ahead of time has been accepted so I really hope SSE Airtricity will pay us for the excess from day 1!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Aaand 50.4kWh (17kwp) good bit of cloud at lunchtime.

Looks like we'll miss most of the bad weather tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

anyone know how to extract only the GlobalRadiation values from met.ie open forecast data at e.g. http://metwdb-openaccess.ichec.ie/metno-wdb2ts/locationforecast?lat=53.1234;long=-9.1234;from=2023-03-09T07:00

I've no experience with APIs, I just want to bookmark the web query so that I can open it in the browser and just see the forecasted GlobalRadiation values in a list

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

18.9 kWh from 22x400w south facing today (Kildare area)

Been mostly glorious sunshine in Sligo today and managed a total of 24.2kWh for the day. Didnt see the same peak values as yesterday though as I think some high altutude cloud was filtering some of the sunshine a bit.

what a difference a day makes.... barely replenishing the battery this morning, but at least the panels' efficiency is maxed 😁 (just hope the snow sloughs off fully at some stage)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sligopaul

@jkforde was about to say the same thing as nothing happening today , 27.9 kwh off 6.67 kwp in North Sligo for yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Any joy with this? I'd also like an easy way to extract the daily radiation values from the link into Excel. I don't have Home Assistant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

Bump, this is one I'm interested in too. I don't know how to create or run python scripts. @bullit_dodger you're doing this, afaik and you're battery then charges based on it and a rolling 10 day 'actual' output. Though also said you're a software dev so well about my level :)

Is there an idiots guide to being able to extract that into a readable form to see the radiation values by hour? That's enough for me. I'm grand with doing it manually if there's a way to take it from the website and plonk it into something. Am sure I'd be able to setup something to pull in a python script, if I had it

https://www.met.ie/Open_Data/Notes-on-API-XML-file_V6.odt

Requesting data from the API

Data requests to the API are made by a http request to the URL:

http://metwdb-openaccess.ichec.ie/metno-wdb2ts/locationforecast?lat=<LATITUDE>;long=<LONGITUDE>

<LATITUDE> and <LONGITUDE> are substituted with the coordinates of the requested location. This will return an xml output containing the forecast from the current time until the end of available forecast.

http://metwdb-openaccess.ichec.ie/metno-wdb2ts/locationforecast?lat=<LATITUDE>;long=<LONGITUDE>;from=2018-11-10T02:00;to=2018-11-12T12:00

will return a forecast between 02:00 on 10th Nov 2018 to 12:00 on 12th Nov 2018. Leaving out the ’to’ keyword will return a forecast from 02:00 on 10th Nov 2018 until the end of available forecast.

---------------------------

so can only request based on specific location and start and end date & times, not by specific parameter looks like

hmm, maybe we can suggest to the Open Data Officer in MÉ to allow this type of request? 🤔 opendata@met.ie

Post edited by jkforde on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

A fine Irish day today when you could stare at the sky and struggle to find the sun. Only way to tell it's daytime is from the clock 😂

Pretty measly 2.9kWh generated today from a 6kWp south facing array. Peak generation was around 500W 😭

I didn't even bother plugging the Zappi in, wasn't getting enough sun to get over 1.4kW

Tomorrow looking a bit better, less clouds forecast so hopefully will get through the laundry for free

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

Yep... a big drop from 23 the other day to 3.6 today... still though it was enough to cover house base load for most of the day... all the washing etc was done the other day

yeah it was a bit of a come down from the highs of the last 2 days, just 3.2kWh. After catering for the baseload put 1kWh into Eddi and 1.5kwH went back to grid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭idc

2kWh from 4.65 kWp SE/SW North Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,083 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

6kWh for yesterday compared to 20+ earlier in the week, mad.

Looks great today though despite the forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jackson22

Lots of sun this morning, panels covered in snow though!

Just 3.4kwh yesterday but looking really sunny today but like others production is slow due to panels covered in snow lol

Newcastle, Dublin 6Kw South Facing

• Advertisement

Blew past the forecasts for today, 19kwh thus far

Advertisement