Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Retro City Rampage: DX Wii Physical Edition!
    rcr_wii_hdr.jpg

https://www.vblank.com/20200702_rcr_wii.php
    That's right! Retro City Rampage and Shakedown: Hawaii are BOTH getting Wii physical editions!

Both will launch on Thursday, July 9th at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm UK for $29.99 USD each.

They're limited to 3,000 copies each

There's more besides, including updates for the game on other platforms. It's out now.
    The 3DS update will bring much faster game saving, and improves in-game load times too (especially when starting arcade challenges).

The upcoming iOS update will finally add native support for the iPhone X displays. This was actually much more work than you might think (which is why it took so long), but it sure does look great now filling the whole screen!

By the way, while not quite new to DX+ specifically, did you know the PC version now also supports the PlayStation Classic controller? :)

Oh, and okay, the Switch icon now has the game's title on it ;)

You can read all about it at the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

I ordered a copy of RCR and S:H for Wii the other day. Was going to hold out for the Wii u version of S:H, but it looks like the Wii u version might be region locked to NA, so just got it for Wii instead.

But if it turns out the Wii u version is out for Europe as well, I’ll probably end up getting it too :)

Got the mail today confirming the Wii U version of S:H is being released Aug 20th. As expected though, it’s NA region locked, no PAL version :(

https://www.vblank.com/20200814_sh_wiiu.php

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Is there any risk of Wii U network content like Mario Maker levels being blocked anytime soon?

Or the Wii U online shop etc?

I haven't booted my Wii U for several months since I got the Switch Lite and the Oculus Quest but just curious if I need to download lots of levels now before content is cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1366545783525310465

They must've noticed me playing at the weekend and realised someone still used the Wii U

• Advertisement

I haven't checked Mario Maker ..is it still usable with downloadable levels?

mrcheez wrote: »

My daughter still plays it regularly, all features are still available as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wikidy

Online servers being shut down on 31 March. Think you can download up to 100 courses before then.

It is still playable, if you want to create your own levels offline. It works really well on a Gamepad/TV combination.

Wikidy wrote: »
    Online servers being shut down on 31 March. Think you can download up to 100 courses before then.

It is still playable, if you want to create your own levels offline. It works really well on a Gamepad/TV combination.

Grand so the courses can be played offline if I downloaded them before end of the month?

Lucky timing!

Grand so the courses can be played offline if I downloaded them before end of the month?

actually according to https://www.thegamer.com/super-mario-maker-wii-u-sever-shutdown/
    it's affirmative that I can play the courses offline

cheers to CastorTroy for bumping this thread!

To be honest, I bought the game a few years ago and didn't really get around to properly playing with it as the PSVR took over most of my time :D

• Advertisement

I was on the Wii U eShop and I see Shin'en are finally having a good sale for it, and as it turns out, 3DS. It took them long enough, normally they only knock a few Euro off.

The last date for adding funds via credit card is fast approaching, 23rd March. It's handy enough when you have the link, plus you can add as little as €10, whereas buying eShop cards(ends 29th August this year), the minimum there is €15.

I would hope more developers discount their games before the option to buy funds is gone and then the eShop itself is permanently gone by March 2023. It would be nice too, to see Nintendo give some decent discounts before it's all gone, though I wouldn't hold my breath. Stuff like the Virtual Console games have never had any discounts, apart from a handful of them as part of a Trial Campaign way back in 2013 to promote the launch of the Virtual Console.

Seems a little strange they wouldn't discount everything just to squeeze out the last bit of profit...rather than no discount and sell nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Len_007

I purchased and dowloaded Mario Advance 4 (SMB3) & Fast Racing Neo today. Any other titles I should consider?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Reminds me to get the Wii U version of Super Mario Advance 4 since they put the e-reader stages on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Len_007

Precisely why I bought it!

The link to add credit card funds to your eShop account was supposed to expire at the end of last night, I forgot. But I was still able to add funds early this morning. Probably the last bit of time left to do so, by that method at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Announcement said May bro.

This be March.

You got time still.

Today is your last chance to directly top up your Wii U and 3DS accounts using Nintendo eShop cards. Though you can continue to use your bank card if you link those accounts(NNID) to your Switch account, if you have one that is. Lidl, I know sell Nintendo eShop cards, if you have a branch close by.

Nintendo REMOVES 3DS & Wii U eShop Cards! 💀 Here's the ONE WAY LEFT to Buy Digital Games!

Wii U and 3DS social media features to be discontinued on October 25th, 2022

Fading further into the abyss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Pretendo looks promising for getting the Wii U back up and running with some online functionality.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Reminds me I really must hack my WiiU someday.. so far I've only hacked the Wii part (added Homebrew Channel)

I'm assuming you get lots more power running emulators directly without having to go in via the Wii section?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I've a load of Wii / Wii U stuff I should take into CEX and swap for Switch games. It's just gathering dust. But I'm terrified it'll be worth an extra 50 euro in 20 years time 😝

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Pretendo is more bringing the functionality of things like miiverse back, like they did with the weather channel, news channel and the like on Wii with Riiconnect24. Not the finished article yet by any means.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

I used the below video to get started when I was modding my Wii u. I didn’t realise until a good while later that online still worked, i.e I could play MK8 online with zero issues. I assumed modded consoles would be auto banned from online, but nope :)

https://youtu.be/7ppSQJxMmNs

the vid is by Ravi Abbot of the RetroHour podcast and is really straightforward and thorough 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

If you have a copy of Tank!Tank!Tank! there then your concerns might be valid and then some.

I was thinking of creating a Nintendo "tower" ( like a PC tower case ) with monitor to house all the Nintendo stuff. Plus a raspberry pi for the emu stuff.

Or ....Nintendo produce a switch 2 with the power of a Steam Deck that can run all their back catalogue 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Hi - I bought Super Mario Maker from CEX for the young lad - I was delighted to see that the servers are still running for previously uploaded levels so there are loads of levels to play - the only thing is most of the ones we tried so far are way too hard for him - he's only 6. Is there a way to find easier ones or search by description? Another thing he's asking about is the Goomba Challenge which is something he saw on YouTube I think.

Maybe just Google for them, the search facilities are probably not great in the actual game.. also make sure you are getting Wii U results

Wii U may break for some system owners if not used, reports claim

No danger of this happening to my Wii U. I'd love to know how many hours over the years mine has been on. It must be years.

• Advertisement

Wii Screw U

Advertisement