Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hse dentist waiting list for braces

Options
  • 04-03-2023 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I need help my daughter will be 18 in April and as been on the hse waiting list for braces for over 4 years now I have moved and can't find the letter we had and can't find who to call to change address with them as I don't want them sending out a letter for appointment to the rong address when her time comes for her to get her braces and miss the appointment any help please I don't know who to call to change address Many thanks from tralee co kerry

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Will they give her braces at age 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deborahbreen

They should do because she was put on waiting list before she was 16 it's been she was put on list at age 13yr

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Unfortunately it is likely that ship has sailed.

This is not an uncommon occurrence, I suspect they will tell you that she remains on their list, or that as she is now over 16, she is too old to receive treatment. Your best hope is to go into the HSE clinic in person and ask what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Also contact your local TD for help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Don’t waste your time, the orthodontic service is understaffed, underfunded and over subscribed. They will tell the TD to go **** him/herself.

Advertisement