Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2023/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

I'm normally 'Glass half full' kind of guy.

Tonight for one night only I'm a 'glass is half empty' kind of guy......

Hope I'm wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Killinator

Approaching the half way point of the season and we are 10th, 10th!!!!!

Why did we sack Tuchel again because there's been no indication that sacking him and hiring Potter has been justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

RIP Luka Vialli loved him at Chelsea cool guy.

Sad day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

We sacked TT as we are owned by an American who has no idea at all about football.

Nothing against Potter comes across as a really nice person but Boehly clearly has absolutely no idea at all what he is doing. May work in the long term but the next few years will be barren.

Ah shite!

Cool guy and was with us for some of the glory with Di Matteo, Zola and Gullit!

Well that was when Chelsea had no history

Fuck cancer 😔

Post edited by Killinator on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

what a guy , cool as fvck , i was at the bridge when he scored his first chelsea goal against coventry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Xander10

Struggled to string two passes together all day. Piss Poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

We're absolutely pathetic.

Would of hoped for some sort of desire to get a sort of revenge on City but instead we just get no desire.

Not sure how Potter will manage to talk this one up post match, absolutely nothing positive about it and will just heap pressure on him.

I would like to give him time as I hate to be an '(insert manager name) out!' kind of supporter but there just hasn't been anything at all to suggest this is going to come good at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

It was such a huge and needless risk to take Potter on, Tuchel was a good, proven manager and we changed him for nothing really, yeah things weren't great at the time of his sacking but we've gone from bad to worse since Potter came in, yes you can point to the injury problems we've been having but the truth is there is still a fair bit of quality in that squad and it definitely should be performing much better.

That being said he's here now so I personally think we should stick with him, but the really worrying thing was the attitude, that was a genuinely pathetic effort today and that is a really worrying sign, when a manager cant motivate his players, or get them to buy into his vision then the end isn't too far away the fans are also turning against him, it really could go either way, It wouldn't surprise me in the least to hear he's been sacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd give him until end of season.

He inherited a disjointed squad so it was always going to take time, but he needs to do a clear out of players who just havent worked out.

if we are still losing when with a fully fit squad then potter is in trouble but like it or now , new owners , new management/ recruitment team , new coach

this is a transition period

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'd give him until Nov/Dec next season

Any manager deserves a summer window, and the pre season to try to implement their ways

He'll have got a good headstart, but I won't judge him until then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Really hope I'm wrong but suspect he will struggle with the physicality of the Premier league. Not enough time really for him to make an impression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The most annoying thing is the lack of an option to buy

He'll have to do really well for us to want to buy him, and since they paid circa €130m for him they won't want to take a loss

This could well be looked back at like the loans we did for Quaresma, Falcao and Pato

Even if he does well we get fleeced for the purchase, or we kickstart his career again and we watch him flourish at Atletico or elsewhere

Lower and lower we go.

You can only nearly laugh at this stage 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Xander10

Felix red card. You couldn't make it up.

Ive said it before, but Chelsea have the two worst PL goalkeepers

I think we'll see Poch in the door soon. This cant go on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Maybe the EPL will struggle with the physicality of Felix.

Mudryk looks like the real deal. Hopefully he lives up to the promise but he had some lovely touches at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

That Jorginhino move came from nowhere!!!

With the money spent over the last month Potter will big time need to start showing promise with the team, that's serious investment!!!

done enzo done - 8 year contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

What.A.Transfer.Window!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Real question is when will Enzo start

maybe sub on friday but he could go stright in

Interesting decision to start Ziyech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I think its very clear to see that Potter is out of his depth. We are terrible to watch, don't score, can barely defend, out of the two domestic cups at first ask, sliding down the league and behind in the CL after first leg.

Time to make a change to give us some hope for next season

like arteta was out of his depth for 2 seasons , potter well be but ive never seen a club make so many changes and the injuries . if by the end of the season its still bad i reckon he might be gone but don't see the point changing now , could wreck a potential new manger coming in with a squad that hasn't had the chance the gel yet

Arteta won the FA cup in his first season!

City won a premier league without a recognised striker so it can be made to work, Potter just hasn't got the skills to do it. We are so bad to watch, that for the first time in a long time, I've made plans instead of watching the Spurs match on Sunday as I can't be arsed being bored silly for 2 hours again! Hopefully I will be regretting my decision.

2 wins in 15! FIFTEEN! in all competitions.

No away win since October.

At this rate we'll be looking for Harry Redknapp or Steve Bruce to 'steady the ship' and avoid relegation 🙄

Gus Hiddink still avaialble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

I think it's the perfect time to get rid of him. I'd say he has lost the dressing room but then he never had it. If they sack him now then we've all seen remarkable things happening very quickly. A new manager bounce could help turn around the Dortmund tie and who knows from there.

my worry is throwing a potentially good manager into this mess , id prefer a full preseason for a new manager unless there is an interim ready to come in

Get him out before he causes too much more trouble. As it is, we will miss out on Thursday night football.

I really get a sense that it'll all come.down to Dortmund tie. If we lose then he'll be gone as there'll be nothing other than maybe, maybe Europa league to fight for.

Wins and progresses and he may get a stay of execution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Its a bizarre situation but he surely knew what he was walking into before he agreed to the job, I personally don't believe he didn't know the conditions in which he was going to work under, I'm sure he was told about all these signings and what the transfer policy was going to be, any manager worth anything wouldn't go into a club not knowing and agreeing to what the plan was...but at the same time it's hard to imagine anyone with a spine agreeing to work under these conditions, having 600 million worth of random players being thrust on you creating a circus of a squad that's going to be impossible to manage.

• Advertisement

Yep - thats it for me too.

Someone experienced like Poch then to clean up mess and try salvage what we can for this season but focus on next one.

Come on now! Being handed that many world class players and then blaming the club is a bit much! The Chelsea manager needs to be able to manage world class players. We have loads of them, he just cant get them playing for him. As I said, Pep won a league title with no striker with less of a squad. I'd rather he was gone before Dortumund, but the closer it gets, the less chance there is.

Back to winning ways - hopefully start of a run but I have my doubts.

big improvement with 3 at the back and chilwell able to bomb up the pitch as a WB , hopefully same system tomorrow and james doing the same on the right

Looked like a good team tonight.

Still need better finishing practice.

Kai was superb, Kova great and Felix great.

Sterling was very poor bar his goal which had a heap of fortune thrown on it.

No point in saying James was great because that's just a given at this stage.

Some rays shining through the clouds.

Cucerella , KK & fofana were excellent as were Kepa and .......kai . onwards and upwards i hope , good for potter , lot of emotion out of him last night

Yep and Felix for that creative spark. Hopefully its coming together at last - with injuries going down also. Too late realistically for this season but something to build on.

Twice losing the lead to Everton.

It's bad enough that we are struggling to get goals but that when we do we get pegged bag by 2 poor goals from a team worrying about relegation 🙄

• Advertisement

Another fine mess...........

Dont think Nagelsmann is the answer - Need a wise , steady , experienced coach to sort this out.

Advertisement