Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yeah I posted that up as a potential €25k Model S a week or two ago. It's getting very cheap now, even if a battery module failed tomorrow and you didn't want to get it fixed, the battery blocks alone are worth about $16k at eBay prices.

Early car though without autopilot

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

want to be 100% sure about free SuC also, SC01 is the code from memory.

I had it and no SuC session was ever recognised on the car which is different that what seller is showing

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Well, we know of at least 2x ID.3s added to that list due to switch to MY in the last 2 weeks. both we bought by dealers for <30k and now on sale for 35.5 - 37k with margins of 6.5-7.5k. Wish them all the luck to sell them at asking prices. Not.

Both were on PCP and obviously we didn't hand them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,517 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What type port the super chargers use here?

i thought they were CCS, but this car doesn’t have CCS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

Older Models S/X here use a modified type 2 port for supercharging. They're still available on the V2 superchargers. Those cars need the CCS adaptor to use V3 superchargers and all other CCS chargers.

My last car was SC01. The car showed in my Tesla account as free supercharging too. I enjoyed it for a year and then Tesla took it away from me, started charging me for supercharging and the status in my Tesla account changed to paid supercharging.

I protested and got refunded a few times. Then the last time Tesla refused to refund me and told me I should never have had it in the first place. I took them to court. Unfortunately by the time many, many months later that I had my day in court, I had sold my car and the elderly judge didn't really understand what supercharging was and he denied that it could be transferred to a new owner by Irish law. Still I won the case and Tesla was ordered to refund me.

Beware.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

May have had none or max 1.

The early cars went alright but they always went inside of warranty and were replaced. I’m not aware of any model S in Ireland that required any more than 1 HV battery replaced or outside of warranty.

Free SuC is easy to check and if it has it, is fully transferable to the new owner.

My 2 free SuC card both showed recent charging sessions with €0.00 cost beside them.

Tesla charging port that goes through the type 2 shaped connector. All V2 Tesla chargers have them.

You can also buy a chademo adaptor and a CCS adapter for these cars which makes them one of the few that can use any charger on the island.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

@slave1 have you had 4 battery replacements?

@kanuseeme If that’s the case then I’m gobsmacked if all of them went. I wasn’t aware of that. Must be a story to it.

The German record mileage early Model S is on it's 4th battery I think, but it has done about 1.7-1.8 million km at this stage. I think 600k km on the latest battery. That owner must like driving. His previous car was a Tesla roadster that he put over 600k km on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

As long as the latest replacement battery on S is of "the water ingress repaired" variety all is good. Only the batteries made pre about 2016 suffer from the design fault condemning them to an early failure. Tesla remanufactured a massive number of 60/85 kWh packs using modules not affected by water ingress from failed packs replaced under warranty. So any of the reman packs most likely contain modules from number of previously failed packs.

It's one of the aspects of the practically a prototype nature of the early S. The facelift cars never suffered from water ingress related failures.

My S was on it's 4th battery when I sold it, all replacements were under warranty

That's insane. I believe you had all sorts of other trouble with it. Maybe it had water damage at some point. Hope it's not on it's 5th battery by now 😂

My two replacements were water related, in fact virtually everything wrong with an early S will be water related. On US Fora the folks replacing out of warranty battery packs say 80%+ reason is water, once it gets in it's game over

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Basilio

Teslaphiles are everywhere, separate treads not sufficient. Lets talk about technical stuff here instead.

This dealer dropped prices by €4000 since January 23.

Ioniq are great cars, particularly the classic 28kWh. But those are still overpriced imho. Someone was selling a 2020 Kia eNiro here for €20k a week or two ago. Far more range, less money.

Niro is still for sale. 2020 vs 2021, 4 times the mileage, ex taxi.

Ioniqs are two year old vehicles 20% less from price when new.

• Advertisement

Each to their own opinion, I'm a huge fan of the classic Ioniq (was my own first EV too) but those cars are overpriced for what they are. Better options out there for similar money, including a brand new MG4 or a late 2019 / early 2020 (still under warranty) Tesla Model 3 both for only a few grand more

Have you driven MG4? Please provide link to cheapest 2019/202 Tesla under 60000km.

Link? Check DoneDeal. Obviously they're all asking prices. Friend of mine just bought a Model 3 for €31k, but I had advised him to play harder and be a bit more patient, you'd get one for €28k soon enough. What's with the 60k km? An EV would fail after that and be a write-off? 😂

No, I haven't driven an MG4 myself and have no plans to do so, but any review I've read said it was a cracker to drive with the RWD and all.

@Basilio - "Niro is still for sale."

You sure about that? I thought it sold quickly and now I can't find it on DoneDeal.

I owned Ioniq and drove MG4 and for me 25000km Ioniq, which is 10% cheaper then New MG is a better value if driving range is not critical.

Mileage is a factor in auto-trade which is impacting the price. I know, you will start saying battery degradation is minimal and it is better value to buy cheaper average or high mileage vehicle.

It was not on DoneDeal. @unkel :"Link? Check DoneDeal. Obviously they're all asking prices."

Please kindly check other sites as you advised me do do it with cheapest Tesla.

Of course mileage impacts price. More so on a 2 year old car than on a 5 year old car though. So it's wiser to buy with high miles at 2 years old (and get a significant discount) than overpay for a low mileage car!

More so these these with EVs where mileage matters a lot less to the condition of the car than it did before with internal combustion engine cars.

Eh? I checked adverts too, not there either. So maybe the seller is a fool and only advertised it on other less relevant sites. In which case, no wonder it isn't sold.

I would not assume somebody is a fool because his vehicle is not sold in less then 7 days. After monitoring EV prices over the last few years I can admit not all better value cars are sold immediately. There more chances that Niro would be sold for €25000-€26000 of the one of Dublin`s traders. Private sale requires a buyer who knows what`s on offer.

• Advertisement

No, I think you misunderstood me. By far the best watched outlet for used cars (apart from bangers) is DoneDeal. Adverts is probably second. The ex-taxi eNiro is on neither. So the seller is not doing himself a favour only trying to sell it elsewhere (where there is far less chance of selling it)

Advertisement