Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭curioustony

Yes, same as that. Left on the 5th Dec. Took until mid Feb to get the final bill, including FIT, and refund paid

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Got my EI fit today. 85e from Feb to end of August.

Got 59 from from energia. So 144 for 12 months on a 3.24kw system deemed export

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Energia bill issued yesterday, about €100 on it for the current period and the previous one where they were on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

For those with closed Electric Ireland accounts, what is it showing up as? I have an adjustment on my account of €98 credit and an email saying I have a new bill for the €98cr but no reference to FIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,393 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Greet to hear deemed being paid. 2023 shaping up to be a very cheap or even bill free year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'll hit 2 years bill free in August. Be winter before I start coughing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭micks_address

still waiting for my EI bill to issue.. i can see the gov credit applied march 1st.. billing period is over but no bill issued yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Lucky man, I have had no progress with either EI or Energia since before xmas,BTW how did EI pay the fit to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I'm still waiting on the actual refund. I've emailed them to refund me.

Got an email from them this week to say they had to manually calculate the amount for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

For anyone with Bord Gais - I called earlier due to an issue with my bill and also asked about when to expect microgen payment. The person went away for a while to check and then advised payment would be at the next month end. Also, there's a team for the microgen payments with phone number 01 611 0148. It might be a team of 1. 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Bakka

Same here. I think we may get paid FIT by cheque or at least that's what I am hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

A team of 0 more likely, or 1 part time underpaid intern

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭idc

They reissued my closing bill and included "ex Gratia payment" which is the FIT amount. checked to make sure it corresponded with size of inverter and number of days I was with them

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Parents got their bill reissued, In credit too, Hopefully we wont have to chase them for it and just send it out like SSE/Energia have done.

They done well, with the 300 switching, 200 gov grant, and now the fit, the cost of electric for 9 months (dec 21 to start of sept 22) is €13

• Registered Users Posts: 37 oojohoo1

Finally got FIT payment from SSE. aprox €304 since July. No breakdown in the bill though... so im not exactly sure from what dates its for or a breakdown of rate.

I know it went from 14kWh to 24kWh at some stage. so not sure if everything is paid at one rate or if there is two different rates.

At least i finally got paid though....

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭alexf1

Apologies if asked before but is anyone expecting any limits to the amount the providers will pay out for exported solar? I may be sending 3000kWh to the grid per year. SSE mention something about €100 being the max 'Top Up' amount and if you exceed that they give two separate top up codes.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Possibly on a prepay meter?

How big is the array? That's a lot of electricity to be exporting. You'd probably be better off investing in a bigger battery, especially if you have a day/night meter and are on deemed export anyway

6.4kwp, smart meter just installed but on an old 24 hour plan, no battery yet.

Those details about top ups are just taken from SSE website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,393 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Think about getting a day/night meter. Get rid of the smart meter.

I'd second @Bobeagleburger , the rates on a day/night meter are much better and you'll get deemed export which means a battery makes a lot more sense

Thanks for that! I was reading the info on my phone and it does say PPM above it. Wasn't aware that SSE did prepay meters.

It does seem like they are saying all FIT payments will show up as credit on electricity bills paid twice annually.

Don't have a battery yet. I will be hoping to add one but not for a couple of years, they ain't cheap. If I went for a day/night meter I wouldn't be saving much on my bill but I would be losing out on FIT money as I will export way more than 'deemed' export amount.

Also, getting a 'deemed' export amount while not actually exporting anything if you have a battery is almost fraud. I know that someone else has made up the rules but those rules are bound to be changed fairly soon. I cannot understand how everything isn't possible on a Smart meter, and how anything other than Smart meters for all houses will not be a reality very soon. Surely they can easily do day/night metering much more efficiently on a Smart meter than on a dumb 60 year old clunking-clockwork design that can't even deal with daylight savings time changes...

I do think the 'Smart' tariff plans right now are shockingly bad, but that will get better with competition won't it? I still have my 33% discount rate 24 hour plan. I'll see what my options are in July when the contract is up. Right now, Bonkers is giving me virtually no options for switching...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It's not even close to being fraud, a d/n meter is better value for most people and them paying a peanuts that in most cases won't even cover the standing charge. Many of my neighbours got a smart meter (no solar) but we were never asked or contacted but I suspect we might be in a dead spot for mobile signal. Don't have a battery myself but probably will eventually, just using an eddi diverter for the hot water. I think people forget how many houses in Ireland are in dead spots making the current smart meters not useful. We are between two mobile masts and every second house is in a dead spot.

I agree the whole deemed export thing is pretty silly. The plan is to eventually switch all the day/night meters over to smart meters as well but there's some issues with the current ones that stop that happening

If you're making metered export work for you then fair enough, but the rates on the smart plans are really not that great. And every operator already has a smart plan so I'm not sure it's going to get much better in the near term

Anyone have experience with Flogas for paying the FIT? They claim to offer 24c/kWh exported and pay every 2 months, but as we've seen claims and reality don't always line up

Since it looks like Energia are getting rid of their EV plan then Flogas have the next cheapest night rate at 19.31c/kWh

Far cry from 13.5c/kWh 😭

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where you hear the energia EV plan is going? Was hoping to switch to that myself once our 41% discount runs out after the next cycle.

Seems to have disappeared from yesterday 😞

I was also going to switch when my 41% discount is up but not sure their current rates are worth it

Bit of time between now and May so we'll see what happens

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ah crap!

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me then. Should still have 41% on our next bill but will be gone after that.

Pickings are pretty slim from what I've seen of other plans.

Advertisement