Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yet to receive my refund and sold on day 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Received a refund for one set of tickets today to my bank account, still waiting for a refund for more tickets...but at least there is a move on getting the money back!

For those of you who have received a refund, does anything show on the ticket portal, indicating that the refund has been paid.

My only worry is that I bought the tickets when I had a KBC account. That's closed now. Have a different account linked with my profile now, so hopefully it just goes there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I had three batches of tickets resold and only one refunded so far and no visible difference to show it was refunded..they all state the same thing. Once the correct bank account details are there now there will be no issue.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

They use whatever details you put in the resale portal (I entered my Revolut even though I originally paid with a Mastercard).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Got one Cat 1 ticket this evening for the Scotland game. There were a good few knocking about today but just got the one. 3 more to go!

Still want 4 together so can sell this one on again if necessary.

V long shot, looking for a single NZ vs France ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,409 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Received payment into Revulot this morning for tickets sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JuanBarry

For anybody that's going to need a train Ouigo just released their tickets for the 2nd half of the year. It's the SNCF budget service but I've never noticed any difference in quality. Only thing is they take a Ryanair style approach to baggage. Trains are still TGV, run on time and comfortable

Got one lot of cash for tickets sold ...nothing since and they all sold on the same day ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Thanks for the heads up

Some SNCF tickets on sale too. For the day after the Scotland match, some trains are, some aren't, not sure what the difference is

EDIT: just noticed the one for sale is Ouigo, as you mentioned. I'm an idiot 🙈

Post edited by Electric Nitwit on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

They're sending emails out when refunds are processed. Or, at least, I got one...

Following the sale of your RWC 2023 tickets on our Official Ticketing Platform, we would like to inform you that your refund has now been processed by our team.

Refunds will be processed on a match-by-match basis. If you have sold tickets for more than one match, you will receive multiple refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Got the same today, received my refund a month ago 🤷‍♂️😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Thanks for that. I see ouigo available but tgv inoui not on my route. Any idea is that just cus it's not on sale yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Inoui isn’t on sale yet, from La Rochelle anyhow

I think inoui go on sale 3 months (possibly 4) before departure. Ouigo are a bit odd in the way they block release 6 months at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭rounders

I've seen six nations games they sell the receivers for commentary, would ye expect them to be at the world cup and do they only cover refs mic or do they also do commentary?

I've never actually got one but would love to be able to hear tmo etc when in the stadium. And if you buy them once do they tend to work for all games in that stadium?

I haven't had one in a long time (last one I bought was actually the world cup in France) but it's just for the ref. They're just little FM radios, you should be able to just tune into the frequency on your phone these days. If you do buy one anyway it should work everywhere

Don’t think they were available in Japan at last WC.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

This info is likely outdated, but there used to be two systems used for the ref. Reflink was on 96fm and you could tune into it on your phone. The other system was outside "normal" ranges and it was harder.

It is ultimately just an FM radio that you need though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,447 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I sent the RWC ticket office an enquiry regarding would there be any more tickets released. They say no. Resale is the only option. They must have sold most tickets to hospitality and travel agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭PMC83

I keep it book marked on my internet bat and check every hour or so, gotta keep at it. Hopefully more singles will go on resale as plans get canceled.

On a whole it definitely feels like far less went on public sale then in previous years. The whole family / city /country pack thing was a farce. It just meant more people had to buy more from the get go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've no doubt a huge amount of them have sold and won't be resold but there's a certain batch they hold back for travel agents, in case they need them. If they still haven't sold through tour operators closer to the tournament, they'll go on resale. But bar a few coming through in drips and drabs from people deciding not to travel, I can't see many popping up on the portal in the next 5/6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I would be amazed if the usual operators - the likes of Killester Travel, for example - weren't given an allocation, even if it's going to be fairly small. May be worth signing up to their mailing lists, and/or giving them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Redo91

Jesus I’m kind of surprised at this. In 2015 there was a big drop around the May beforehand. I got four tickets for the game against France in Cardiff then. Demand would have huge for that too given the opposition and the easily accessible venue (not that France is a trek).

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Deramore

They are telling lies I reckon. There’s no way on earth that (for example) they’ve sold every ticket for Uruguay vs Namibia at OL stadium (capacity 59k).

I’ve been at the last two world cups, including the one in England where you would think tickets for Irish matches would be in huge demand, and there was no problems getting tickets on the day at face value. I wouldn’t be concerned about getting them in France, loads of fans buy them in packs and try to offload the ones they don’t want in the fanzones.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭trevezel

i totally agree, no need to rush after tickets, just be patient, a lot of tickets will be available as soon as the competition will start, even under face value

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Well dunno about under face value unless it's a Romania v Tonga match maybe... Didn't it happen in 2015 where they offered tickets for those types of group games to under age players for £5 or some such? Maybe only a week before the game or so?

I bought 12 Cat D tickets for the world cup final (Was dating a kiwi girl from London at the time) the Tuesday before it in 2015. That is, 4 days before the game...On the official ticket website, at face value (£150 each)

Just happened to be online checking the website at the right moment.

Had a great day out with them.

Her friends weren't happy when we stopped dating.

• Advertisement

Of course they will, but you'll have to buy hospitality with it. €500 finger food and a €100 ticket, and you'll likely have to put up with a 10 minute speech from whatever retired player they've managed to wheel in.

Advertisement