Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,696 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Most surprising stat to come from this imo is that Lillard has more 60 point games than Harden in his career now, but 8 fewer 50 point games

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Boston likely about to lose to the Knicks, Bucks will tie with them for best record in the East if they beat the Nets tomorrow. Bucks have real momentum now and for me it’s a toss up between those two in the East. Home court could be of enormous importance in any series between these two.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well that “slight misplant, wasn’t even a roll” looks set to have him out for several weeks.

There’s a 10.2 net efficiency swing for the Lakers when LeBron is on the court versus off it, so that’s likely the end of their season.

Well it’s been upgraded since the initial assessment. He played on remember?

Crazy stat on the mismatch podcast today. The highest number of players with 40+ in a game was 142 in 1961. There have been 147 instances of it this season already, and most teams have 20ish games left. Crazy.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

We need to bring back hand checking, start slowing these guys down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

The amount of slander that Jokic gets is unreal.

Came on to post about Perkins' stat padding comments. Once again Perk proves he's an absolute idiot. Thankfully he's being ridiculed for saying it.

Has Perk actually indicated that Jokic gets his plaudits because he is white?

I am worse for listening to that buffoon. Him and Stephen A need to fall into a ravine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I guess Perkins is doing something “right”, has people talking about him even if it’s for him talking out of his ass, at least Stephen A seems like he is just playing the game, Perkins genuinely seems like he believes the nonsense he speaks

• Advertisement

Just watched end of Warriors and Clippers plus highlights, still don’t get why people think Clippers have a chance to make finals, they added Westbrook, not exactly the player you need to take you all the way. We’ve owned the Clippers for a long time now, obviously if Leonard and George are 100% and on form they can beat anyone on a night but I won’t hold my breath

They're giving Westbrook the Ben Simmons treatment

What really gets me is I don't recall Westbrook ever being that bad of a midrange shooter, they're giving him so much space he could definitely dribble into a FT line jumper at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was roaring for him to shoot hoping to make them pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Ja Morant could really end up throwing his career away, seriously brain dead behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just read he will miss next 2 games after waving a gun around on Instagram, Jaysus

Huge loss for the Celtics last night. Not only do they lose and fall further behind to a surging Milwaukee Robert William also injured his hamstring. 🙄 I honestly think they've blown the 1 seed and homecourt in the last few sloppy weeks, and that could be hugely costly. I still see them, Milwaukee, and Denver as the Top 3 teams in the league but homecourt could be huge issue this year - as it was last year - when the Bucks and Celtics inevitably play.

Perkins race comments are absolutely disgusting. If a white commentator said what he said about a black player he’d be - rightly - cancelled. Perk gets a pass because he’s black. Complete double standard and absolutely disgraceful.

I don’t think anyone ever thought he was the sharpest tool in the box, but this is just scandalous.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

I WANT to watch Lakers v Golden State, I do. But Mark Jackson is doing the commentary and he’s wrecking my head with his BS and inane comments. I’m not listening fully but I don’t think there’s been a “momma, there goes that man” yet. Thankfully.

Think I’ll just have an early night.

Boston now with 2 very bad losses back to back to put the Bucks in pole position for the 1 seed. Shocking loss to the Nets on Friday where they displayed zero effort, then just blew chance after chance to beat the Knicks. Really bad time of the season to have a slump like this. On form it’s hard to see Milwaukee not taking the 1 seed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well last night was bad as in falling apart late in the game but it was a tough matchup.

Celtics are in freefall right now though. Every team goes through this so hopefully we come out the other side of it very soon and go on a winning streak again to get back to the top.

• Advertisement

Perkins - instead of withdrawing or retracting his comments on Jokic - seems content to double down on them, even when called out for racism. An absolute moron. If he was white saying things like this about black players he’d be (rightly) cancelled.

LeBron’s tweet about Bronny already being better than current NBA players is rightly also being ridiculed. He’s almost as bad as Lavar Ball at this stage when it comes to his sons. 🙄

I was thinking the same thing, he is beyond pathetic now, what he is doing is pretty pathetic and wrong. He shouldn’t be anywhere near the platform he has, the man beyond dumb

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If you keep talking about him then he's doing a good job. The more people that watch and listen and talk about him the more the TV networks love him.

Well it’s kind of hard not to notice or talk about if he is on a mainstream network like ESPN, Iam sure Butters doesn’t tune in for Perkins but it’s hard to avoid him.

He is doing a good job on gathering attention but doesn’t make it right, his comments were really divisive. It’s not like his usual dumb basketball comments, he is stirring the pot with race and it’s not justified plus it’s a bit dangerous in my opinion, this one really annoyed me, no need for it, Iam not one for calling people to get fired but I don’t think he should have a job with this platform if you are going to abuse it, he can’t get fired now anyway cos he will play the race card

How he got the job in the first place is the mystery. It’s not like he was a great player, and it’s not like he’s articulate. His basketball takes are dumb as rocks too, he vines out with the most ridiculous sh*t. I don’t think he’s smart enough to be doing it to garner attention.

But he’s gone too far this time. I’ll keep saying it, if he was white and said what he said about a black player he’d be cancelled instantly. It’s a complete double standard.

Just seen that Shawn Kemp has been arrested on an alleged drive by shooting charge

I saw KD roll his ankle last night in the warm ups and thought it looked worse than they were making it out to be. Now it seems he might be out 4-6 weeks….so basically rest of the regular season. Sucks for the guy, he’s had more than his fair share of injuries.

• Advertisement

Chauncey Billups must be the worst coach I've ever seen, can't believe Portland chose to waste Dame's best years with him. No more of this star players choosing their own coach nonsense, please.

Advertisement