Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,332 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

All this stuff we are hearing and reading is just speculation really, the only ones that know what’s going on is Warren and krasuk (not sure how to spell his name lol)

the only thing we know for sure is the fight isn’t happening anytime soon so we have joyce and Aj with their bouts to keep us entertained

hopefully wilder v ruiz gets made soon too

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Here's Krassyuk talking about it,

• Registered Users Posts: 55,639 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Gas how this is all speculation, yet when Fury was non stop jabbering a few months ago with his 7 days’ deadline to AJ, for some that was all above board and fact, and all AJs fault. Fury very quiet in expressing his desire for this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Its not really AJ had nothing to offer , He was been given a huge opportunity.

Usyk has three belts is a completely different set of circumstances ,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

you think fury is running scared of Usyk? Or maybe he just wants a bumper pay day as he is the draw?

• Advertisement

That interview from usyks promoter was quite good and reading between the lines it sounds line

the Wembley deal is pony

Saudi deal fell through with excuses about a stadium etc and we saw from Tommy fury how well a crap fight can do money wise so it’s up the the skills people in Saudi to save the day here

for both fighters it’s all about the title and the money it’s hand in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

Depressing really.

Chance for a proper world champion and they cant get it on. Look at Usyk's history - he has fought everybody on the road, mostly in his opponents hometown.

As a Ukranian, he fought Gassiev in Moscow. Clearly Fury holding this up.

This wouldn't happen or be tolerated in any other sport. Joke.

I thought he would fight for free on the BBC. Doesn;t care about money, gave his Wilder fee from the first fight to a homeless charity in LA (that never happened).

Who has he actually fought?

Good tactical performance against a faded Klitschko.

Wilder - Good fights but lets be honest - Wilder is a terrible boxer despite the right hand

Dillian Whyte and Chisora - crap

Otto Wallin - that fight should have been stopped. Anyone else bar Fury, ref called that off.

He is also a drug cheat. Wild Boer. I mean FFS.

I sense a tribal feeling here it’s either for or against fury lol

dubois v Usyk will be coming soon 🤣

That was all speculation too, nobody negotiated on Instagram unless you’re a love island or YouTuber

it’s all publicity for fury he’s selling 24/7

• Advertisement

No idea...its just very frustrating the chopping and changing from him. Reading what I have read it appears that Usyk just wants to fooking fight.

Most the social media commentary seems to be blaming Fury on not wanting this

I actually think that Usyk is the kind of guy that doesn't give a fiddlers about losing and will fight anyone.

I think Fury might have some negative feelings about losing to a smaller man here. Maybe he sees Usyk as too risky a puzzle.

who would you have wanted him to have fought to change your mind?

Kassyuk is meeting with george warren at the moment, otherwise their camp need to go with a mandatory.

Going by the video above meeting with Warren is a waste of time unless the skills folks in Saudi come in with an offer

I’m sure Wembley was a bluff to get more money, if the fight happens it’s too big for London

The fight is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Usyk agreed his purse with skills challenge, Fury didn't.

Usyk is reported to have got 75 million dollars for AJ 2.

They can't go to America because fury won't get a visa because of kinahan, so hes priced himself out of the market.

Skills apparently said that it was too soon after Eid to build a stadium big enough, by this o assume they mean to meet furys financial demands

Usyk will be happy with whatever he’s offered because without this fight who’s he fighting ? Dubois then joyce at the o2 or Wembley 🤷‍♂️

the big fights never happen when they should

I could be wrong, but I don’t think money is the major factor.

The lads are vulgar wealthy as it is, and 50/50 sees both earn vulgar money. It’s pro boxing and it’s pathetic state.

Its 100% money

The middle East don't want it , They are unwilling to put up the funds for it,

Wembley date has been booked but Fury wants 60/40 as its in England & he is bringing the crowd & the money ,

Sure Usyk manger yesterday has said they will take 60/40 but for the winner,

I think it'll get done , Just right now both are just refusing to get done over by the other ,

I realize money is the driving factor for the whole event. My point was I don’t think it’s huge for the boxers themselves. I think it’s a team greed, as in many people dictating. Not just Fury and Usyk. They will be extremely well paid

That we haven't heard anything doesn't bode well, although still hoping.

So usyk will fight hgovic / joyce / dubois (his mandatories)

Who are we hoping fury fights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭reclose

With one governing body you do what you are told or you’re left out in the cold.

Fury won’t agree terms then no other fight for him gets sanctioned.

same for drug bans etc. No getting licences from other boards or fighting for other belts.

It’s never gonna happen but it would eliminate all the **** that’s wrong in boxing including the best being able to avoid fighting the best.

Looks like the negotiations have come to an end now, wonder who fury will fight now if he even bothers fighting

Usyk v dubois doesn’t have quite the same appeal but I will watch it anyway

I thought Fury would a jumped at beating up the middleweight.

He had no issue fighting Chisora recently, and no doubt he’d be making considerably more vs Usyk, as well as making far more claim for his legacy…

Something has him spooked. It cannot be money. Sure he’s said so many times that money means eff all. Plus he’d have gotten a monstrous amount for this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Not the type to get overly spooked he has supreme confidence in his ability. It’s impossible to know why these things don’t work out

no one will fight for less than their worth, despite any guff from any of them to the contrary, hence AJ not jumping into the ring with fury at any cost.

I dont think for one minute that fury has any fear of Usyk, but it appears he is inflexible around his financial demands. He is the bigger draw to be fair.

Why doesn't Usyk take the offer of 40% & if he wins he gets the 60% in the rematch ? Is it because he is spooked ?

Not sure why you think Fury is the one "spooked" , You cant disagree that he is the one who will bring in the money ,

No ones spooked both just want the most they can possibly get ,remember this is the top of the table clash, one for the ages ,both undefeated to Unify & should be boths biggest pay day in there careers

This is the problem with Fury v Chisora type fights. Making easy money.

Anyone who went to / bought the PPV for that are feeding the problems with the sport.

didnt look like easy money for Chisora from where i was sitting.

It will be interesting to see what Queensbury have to say now

• Advertisement

Extremely easy when you consider that he's rubbish, and he knows he's rubbish....but yes, he took some punishment for it...

Advertisement