Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell (of depth and duration uncertain!) starting Tuesday 7th March

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,485 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

^

Stupid, stupid, people.

SMH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Dazler97

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

He / she isn't mistaken.

The Orange alert for Dublin has changed from 10pm start to midnight start and has been removed from todays warnings. Dublin is yellow warning now. It stayed up as an Orange warning for approx 20 minutes before they changed their minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

For God’s sake what eejits!!!! And thoughtless putting their rescuers in danger 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,327 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

They should be billed the full cost of that rescue to the services, the hours, the fuel, the consumed equipment, everything. Morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Plenty of snow on 3 Rock, Sandyford. Can’t take pic yet because the clouds are right down over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,626 ✭✭✭squonk

Thawing here in north Clare with the rain. Wind is picking up now too. I was expecting a reload of snow later in tge afternoon. Is this still the case or have things changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Selfish brats for sure. I wonder did they even have the decency to apologise to the rescuers for their actions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭maebee

Lashing rain in Limerick city now. The massive whiteout we woke up to is gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭pauldry

Sleet and rain in Sligo. Wheres the snow (apart from Clare). Gonzo is right. March is too late for snow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Well, anyway the snow is at its heaviest now, quite big flakes too, which is nice to see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,626 ✭✭✭squonk

Idiots. How did they expect their trek was going to end? The bad weather had been well warned. Anyone heading to the mountains yesterday is an eejit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭pauldry

Where ever is still precipitating after dark will have snow

I think MTs 12cm fir here was a dream I had. Sleet and puddles everywhere.

After 3 it will turn to snow though with low pullingcold down

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Not much snow from what I can see apart from Clare and maybe a few high ground areas in the midlands and Wicklow Mountains. By the time this eventually turns to snow will there be much precipitation left in it by then. An absolute miserable day today just wet and very cold.

Not reading much if any reports of snow in the north-west and Northern Ireland where this was supposed to be snow all the way through. Looking at Netweather radar and it's rain/sleet away from high ground across Ireland, Northern Ireland and much of England.

A heavier pulse has arrived here now with a mixture of cold rain, sleet and some isolated wet snow flakes.

If this was mid January we could have potentially be looking at something closer to resembling the January 1982 blizzard as temperatures would have been a few degrees colder overall than what we experience on March 9th. Todays event is an entire week after the Beast/Storm Emma in 2018 and a week later in March makes a big difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭squarecircles

i think theres going to be no snow for western coastal extremities, all the snowfall accumulation forecasts were inaccurate.

turning into a bit of a pigs ear.

the absurdness of being under an orange warning and its pissing it down.

maybe should go to spain or Greece if you want some snow, youd have a better chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭glightning

Nothing sticking here in County Antrim at the mo. Snow is too light and last night's snow is all but gone now. Temp is +2c. Need the snow to become heavy to get that air temp down and get an initial covering going again.

100m ASL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Kids have me vexxed over the snow - any hope of a good fall of crisp snow in Kildare area that will last at least until Sunday??

Not interested in slush, sleet, damp melted snow ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Tremendous amount of rain in Waterford currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Deagol

Absolutely epic snow here this morning - i measured it ~6" deep on several flat surfaces (no drifting etc). It's raining heavily now but snow isn't budging at all so far. (West clare, 100m ASL).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭daheff

phone weather app was telling me for the last 36 hours (and still is) that we'd have near on 30 hours of continuous snowfall. Its telling me now that its snowing in my location.

looking out the window its just cold, manky rain. not even sleet.

This isn't what i pay my tax money for. I want snow. I blame the Greens and their global warming policies. 🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭peterofthebr

Sounds like more snow tonight in lots of places.. as long as pipes don't freeze its not so bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,469 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

@sryanbruen Fantastic pics, fair play for going up there in these conditions, a proper winter wonderland.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭glightning

It's snow for sure here in Northern Ireland, but it's just not heavy enough to lie as the ground is now wet and air temp is 2c. Flakes are all small to medium and just a light intensity at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Very pretty this morning, West Limerick, beautiful fluffy snow. It's raining now though and lot of slush everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ragwort and Stones

Portlaoise had very good snowfall and isn't high asl. Only thaw the last hour. From 8am. More by 12pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ragwort and Stones

I don't know what people expect. There's no point in comparing January with March. Or July with September. This is a good snow event for almost mid March. The back end has to come yet. As a poster said yesterday, it's a free hit. If you get snow great, if you don't we're a little out of season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement