Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 akdhen

What did it say mate if you don't mind me asking haven't heard anything yet myself

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

Says you were successful and gives an order of merit and that the panel will expire on 28th feb 2026.

It was a long wait for results

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Shamrock12

It just let's you know if you where successful, I could be wrong in saying that successful applicants could be getting the first emails and unsuccessful applicants will be emailed after, I could be wrong but it would make sense. Very best of luck to you mate and to everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Iceomatrix

yeah got the email, got on the panel but high OOM so heres hoping they use the whole panel or I havent a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

• Advertisement

Guys if you log into the online application portal on the DCC website and check your application process if it say successful at interview then you know your onto the next stage and again the very best of luck to you all, those who are not successful do not let this knock you, if you genuinely want this job work hard at getting the things right you need to get right and it will work out in the end trust me I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wowthatscrazy

To Anyone who was unsuccessful

don’t let it get you down.

I was devastated in 2020 when I missed out.

keep the head up.

look for some gaps in your knowledge/skill set (there is some there)

get the feedback from your interview (you’ll be given a score)

Do aptitude tests regularly (other public job applications to stay sharp)

well done to all those who made it.

See you in the OBI 🚒

Well done mate, word is they will use the whole panel but I suppose it does depend on how high up you are and how many they are actually taking on over the life of the panel, but keep the faith and the very best of luck 🤞

Well done,

Did you get a score to put you in the 1st class?

Was successful but around the 150s .

Hoping they use at least that number 👍 well done to all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Sailing___

Well done to everyone on panel and hard luck to the others who weren't lucky this time around. To come this far in the process is a massive achievement.

Does anyone have any information on wearing contacts and the requirements? (I have what is given in the application but its not 100% clear) Am I right in saying, you CAN wear corrective lenses? Do you only get called for medical when you are put into a class? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gitzyg

Has anyone received a rejection email yet? I still haven’t gotten anything, so I’m assuming the worst…

Have you checked your account where you submitted your 2nd part of application?

Good going well done 👍are they taking 2 classes of about 40ish a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gitzyg

Yep, it still says “in process” which is also not filling me with optimism!

It'll be around 48 to 50 per class, you will also have lads who's circumstances may change in the mean time, family wages, housing kids etc etc, so you could move on the panel quicker.

Also if people fail the medicals or fitness test.

Now i'am hoping that doesn't happen for people but life is what it is and these things can't be helped, but either way get the head down and truck on and when the time is ready give it your all guys, the organisation needs good decent genuine lads who want to do the job for the better of the people of City and County of Dublin, this isn't just a job, this is your career and when you wear that uniform wear it with pride men because you are going to be the face of Dublin Fire Brigade so the very best of luck

Also I believe it's actually 4 classes could even be five but that's not certain.

4 classes over the duration of the panel or 4 classes per year?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheButcher

I reckon 1 class this year , then 1 maybe 2 classes per year until expiration of panel . Usually 48 in 1st class

Post edited by TheButcher on

• Advertisement

Over the duration of the panel each class will be for a period of 6 maybe 7 months I'd say 6 from what I hear,

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheButcher

O ye

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ffwannabe

Has anyone else not heard anything back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 zeroMac

Haven't heard anything yet, but I'll throw the towel now at this stage😂 well done to everybody who's going to progress and best of luck to the next stage, you all deserve the spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭big.left90

Congratulations to everyone. I got the good news myself today, I'm in the first 50. There is going to be two classes this year. First one end of April and second in August/September.

Happy days man.

Do you know how the medical physicals work . Are you called in closer to your start date for training or do they do everyone in blocks soon?

Closer to the date of your class.

a lot can happen in a year so be mad to run a physical/medical now for a class starting in 6,12,18 months.

also a lot to be said for getting yourself prepared physically if you have a high number.

sort the rig out, get the strength n fitness up now so you’re not panic dieting/training 6 weeks out

Appreciate that man

The body and mind is fairly ready for it anyway but i guess i have a year to knuckle down !

Best of luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cm26

Does anyone happen to no what the colour blindness test for the medical involves or how good your eyes need to be in relation to colour blindness. I was unaware but seem to have mild green/red colour blindness

• Advertisement

Where did you here that that's actually good news

Advertisement