Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell (of depth and duration uncertain!) starting Tuesday 7th March

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Evidence of a squall line now on the radar!!

Cork very windy last 15min and temperature falling rapidly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,626 ✭✭✭squonk

Still a thaw on here in north Clare but what has settled in drifts is compacting and will probably last but I can see some of the covers from paths starting to go.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Still very wet, some sleet and flakes mixed in with heavy rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Highest from set off point was around 75-80m looking at the logs (the Cruagh Wood third shot). Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭pauldry

Ya net and met radars off

This is where the snow and rain are currently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

I’m sad. This event is completely bypassing my area of the North West 😞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Strangest weather day I've seen.

I live on the hills under Mt Leinster and usually when everyone is getting 5-10cms, we're getting 50. We were locked in with the last big event for 4 days, some neighbours for 8.

Woke up this morning to only much higher ground getting a pasting and also all around Carlow town and the surrounding hills, but it was just rain here.

It's still raining now where usually it would be pegging it with snow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Starting to turn fairly quickly now to wet snow, slush starting to form on the car windows and roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Sorry, when I went to the app, it now says midnight. May have misread it but was pretty sure it said 10. Am

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

Highly likely the March low temp will be recorded tonight. Down to minus 8c in the hills of northeast Clare. Mount Dillon, Shannon, Athenry or Claremorris the most likely stations to record the official low temp.

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Monaghan…..two hours ago Mam said “not a flake, I don’t think we will get any” …..unfortunately I’m not there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Have to mirror what other posters have been saying, I think the precipitation is gonna die out before it gets cold enough for snow here.

North Kildare and it's barely raining here, gone from torrents of rain with spot flooding this afternoon with the odd bit of sleety mix to literally very light drizzly rain now. Temperature at 0.7 degrees.

Id love to wake up to snow tomorrow morning but looking at the radar I don't think it will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Cork Airport had a temperature and dew point of 6 degrees at 6.30pm. At 8pm both temperature and dew point are down to just 2 degrees. Pressure also went from 979hpa to 984hpa

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brookers

It looks like a coach journey to a ski resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Keep the faith Gonzo, white gold is on its way. Was the exact same here, slush then turned white despite the wet ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Its the hope that kills you. You did well starting the thread. Alas Cork snow shield held firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Looking good for the east. Well on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭highdef

Finally, a good radar! Looking at Met Eireann's radar at 19:00, you see:

And for 20:15:

Spot the difference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,469 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I think that one is over doing the snow, this one seems more realistic based on current temperatures, dp's and reports on here :

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭notwhoyouthink

You mean we are in clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Walking out here in dundrum home forgot my leapcard (typical) but just enjoying the weird blustery conditions, heavy blustery rain here in D14 anywho … as of right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Snow finally arrived in meath, big huge flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EMPotatohands

Hasn’t stopped lashing in d10 all day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,626 ✭✭✭squonk

Don’t think there’s much left here in north Clare. Still just a sleety rain but it’s been a good day. I went to bed last night seeing some flakes in the wind and woke up overnight to see a light covering which I figured was just some sticking sleet and that’s be all she wrote. Then this morning I woke up so a white world. I’ve recently moved back home so haven’t seen my local place with a snow cover since the 90s. We had some power cuts so that put paid to the plans for today. All in all a break from the routine and. some different sights around the place. It’s been a pretty great day really and I’m closing it off having a few beers beside a roaring stove listening to the wind howling and the sleet hitting the window. I got more than I expected and sometimes you have to be grateful for those small things. Enjoy the snow if you get some overnight and take care in the morning. It’ll be an icy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

Where in Meath?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Still (disappointingly) rain in South Meath..not far from Trim.. :(

The wet snow was temporary, back to rain now and getting much lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

D5 rain rain rain, bloody cold though.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,327 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Same here in the Countryside near Clonee, a sleet thats mostly snow. There'll be a cold slushy lair for snow to stick on pretty soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement