Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I think there'll be a double. No idea how to do spoiler tags anymore, but this is only guesswork anyway.

They announced 12 episodes in the pre-publicity stuff, tonight was number 8 so 4 left, one of which is the final and one is interviews. So just two task episodes left and they usually have 5 contestants in the interviews. So I expect three firings over the next two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Enjoyed that task. Might have been the best episode so far as it had a bit of everything.

Mark seemed like a big of arrogant prat at times through the series so I'm glad he's been fired. It was easily one of the worst PM performances in recent years from somehow starting at a loss to riling up Karren Brady to significant frustration to trying to blame the sub-team despite them making the experience what it was.

I hope Avi isn't too far off being fired as his arrogance is so grating.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah the right team won and the right person was fired but very galling to see the biggest fool there win as project leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Just haven’t got into this series, I was going to watch last nigh, saw the phone call to the house and then the girls doing makeup and just thought nope can’t watch these people again

Thoroughly enjoyable for all the wrong reasons. So terribly cringe - which is why I basically watch it nowadays, that and to get a glimpse of the lovely Baroness Brady.

Mark came across as an unlikeable individual throughout the series. As PM, he was like a headless chicken. For an impromptu afternoon entertainment, unless they were in Chelsea or Kensington, no-one is going to pay 180 for 3-4 hours entertainment, not unless it was an immersive experience in a strip club.

As Sugar said, never before has a team started their away-day/profit making task with a minus figure. They came out with a profit of 110. They must have been begging for tips, because they gave away most of the photos for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

I would have left him pick who to bring back in and then say no. The others are coming back.

I think whoever lost the pm was going

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

This show has gone very stale. It’s time to end it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Just stop watching it if you no longer like it. I'm happy for it to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

You do realise that you don't need to watch it, right?😉

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Thought that Bradley fella was a bit hard done by, I mean what can you do when those 2 others concoct what was basically an unsaleable skin dye 😁.....similar with the E-bikes, a good idea butchered by other members of the team

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Avi quite likable on You're Fired. Didn't really come across while he was in there but thats standard for the editing on this show.

To be honest I got his vision for the task, but the branding was horrible. I had a bubble bath bottle that looked liked that bottle, when I was about 8.

When the subteam realized it stained your skin, they should have skipped the dye. I think that was the main reason for the failure of the task. From a pitching point of view, its much easier to say you can redesign the branding of a product, rather than completely redesign the product itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Green skin dye as a skin care product was 100% the reason for zero sales not a box and what not ...........and by zero sales I mean it's all a carry on really, '1' product was created nobody is fulfilling '10,000' orders 😁

Oh I know its not a real product. Its 10,000 hypothetical orders. Also, zero hypothetical order for the snake. Brad thought they would colour it with mint extract or something, not an actual dye.

My mother used to be a flavourist and would add the colours and flavours to various drinks. I once dropped a bottle of food colour and while cleaning it up got the colour on my hands. I had purple hands for a week. Some of those dyes are not diluted 1:1 with water but 1:100.

I kind of liked the idea of an exfoliating face scrub, but the exection of the main team and sub team was just diabolical.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Would have been interesting if Bradley had decided 'No, we're pulling the product, we just can't proceed to sell this as it stands, as it is dangerous'. They're the kind of real decisions that people have to make in business, even if it didn't suit the TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,770 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Even though I'm happy Ari is gone (an extremely arrogant but somehow nice bloke), the other the sub team leader's business was make up. How was she not more responsible than he? She even pressed to be team captain of the task on that basis.

I had to laugh at their excuse - well, we were told to present a green sirum, so....

Yeah, not a permanent one! Wouldn't that kind of be inferred?

What if it was acidic and burned people's skin? Would they give the same reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

i normally like the interview process but this crowd are so useless think it will be cringey.

megan is in the lead for me

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Agree she was definitely more responsible but Ari has been useless for a while now. Not sure if she was much better mainly because I can't remember much of her input over the past few weeks. Plus, there is always the business they are looking to invest in. Maybe Sugar is more interested in hers than Ari's.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭al87987

So who are people favouring then for the win? Obviously difficult to know without seeing business plans but I would say its between Victoria and Marney.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Niall_76

I think Sugar mentioned how he was thinking of how people performed in the whole process before that firing. First time he had said that I think. He knew firing her was the right decision based on that task alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

They just get more useless week on week.

With all of these tasks keeping it simple usually is the right strategy. Bradley wanted the green cream as no one else in the market had it, eh that's for good reason Bradley, nobody wants to buy your green stain paint. Especially targeting over 40`s,what the hell where they thinking.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I heard him say that alright, but Ari had the correct answer - he said he won twice as team leader and once when sub team.

Strictly speaking, if "past performance" counted for anything, surely he was more successful than the other lady?

I think what Sugar meant was he thought

A) she was the better candidate

B) her business plan is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Marnie had some cheek telling Lord Sugar that she shouldn't be fired as one of her subteam had been fired. You could tell Sugar wasn't impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The Incredible Hulk and Frankenstein monster would probably buy it. And if they expand to women’s products I reckon the wicked witch of the west would buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Can't think of her name but the one with the big red lips seems to be getting by under the radar even though she never seems to do much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Well that was annoying. Not sure how Simba could, in any way, be held responsible for the team's loss. Easy to make it look like he wasn't contributing enough when Dani just continually shouted him down. Think the production team just saw the opportunity to have an all female final 5 and took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Bingo!

BBC going full on woke.

2yrs in a row no men left in the final 5.

Going woke?

Please!!!

There's plenty of reasons to criticize firings and at this stage, as said last week, it's now probably all about business plans.

Woke is just a lazy pejorative term at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭downtheroad

4am phone call in the pitch black of night...cars will pick you up in 20 minutes.

Candidates walk out of the house into broad daylight, and the 5 women wearing several pounds of makeup. Some 20 minutes that was.

• Advertisement

That's been explained.

The cars are outside in 20 mins. They don't say the cars will be leaving in 20 mins.

Advertisement