Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved]Misogynist Racist Ten of Swords

Options
  • 09-03-2023 12:43am

Hi

I got a warning for pointing out on the Eviction Ban thread that the repeated targeting of Margaret Cash was misogynistic and racist.

Thats trolling to Ten of Swords.

The posters were derailing the discussion by saying I brought her up I didn’t.

Three posters wouldn’t accept that families slept on the street, no matter what evidence was provided.

They defamed one homeless man.

They ignored children in these situations which is being a dick.

Post edited by Neyite on
    Tagged:

Comments

What I said, all facts, below:

I never mentioned Margaret Cash. 

Posters misogynistic racist hatred pours out of the screen. 

As for we don’t know the others . . . 

You’re the men that want to know about a rape victims sexual history, you want their underwear paraded around the court room. 

No families slept on the street. 

Lies.

I messaged the Moderator and started the dispute.

Moderator messages me to say I started the dispute before messaging. That’s a lie see time stamps.

Then after saying the post was trolling in original message, they then say it’s only a specific line characterising the misogynistic type behaviour women face on International Women’s Day that’s the problem. Can’t even call out problematic behaviour on IWD on Boards.ie.

This hurt the feelings of Ten of Swords.

Why would the men repeatedly bring up Margaret Cash, what type of men would do that?

It is perfectly legitimate to characterise those men by the behaviour they usually carry out.

Another Mod message.

These are the messages in order:

One

Trolling

You are being warned for the following post:

I never mentioned Margaret Cash. 

Posters misogynistic racist hatred pours out of the screen. 

As for we don’t know the others . . . 

You’re the men that want to know about a rape victims sexual history, you want their underwear paraded around the court room. 

No families slept on the street. 

Lies.

Two

Misogynist racist Ten of Swords???

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058287480/misogynist-racist-ten-of-swords

You posted that Dispute thread without even bothering to contact me about your warning. To clarify, it was for this phrase in your post - nothing more.

It was a direct dig at other posters on the thread, it was baiting and off topic (not sure how it relates to the Eviction Ban) ie. it was trolling.

Kind regards

Three

You messaged me this,

Doesn't look to me like you were seeking clarity on anything. Am I missing any other message(s) from you?

I gave a reason with the warning at the time - trolling - you can see it in bold at the top of this message thread

Four

OK for the purposes of your dispute thread, I am not overturning the warning and I have explained exactly what it was for.

I have nothing further to add here

Kind regards

My messages:

One

Sorry I think you miss spelled telling the truth.

Two

I don’t believe you and you failed to specify. 

Check the time stamps, I messaged you before posting dispute. 

Please stop with the lies.

Three

I messaged you querying your judgment. 

I know this is hard for people like you but calling our (out) misogyny isn’t trolling.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The first step of the dispute resolution process is to engage with the mod with a view to resolving the issue.

So far you have only argued with and insulted the mod based on the pms above. If you would like to reengage in a polite manner to understand the reasons for the infraction and try to come to an agreement feel free however given your pms to date I would not blame the mod from not wishing to engage. I would suggest dropping the attitude when you reengage. An initial apology might also be helpful.

Let me know how you want to proceed.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I can’t stop laughing thinking about what you said.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement