Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Yep, was just heavy rain/sleet here all evening/night.

Bight and calm now and suppose to stay that way for today at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Ta da....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭tscul32

Did you have no snow?

We're only up the road from you and I looked out at 5 and the snow falling was gorgeous. Little elf is outside playing with the small bit that stuck - tops of cars, etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooooooh. 😁

A little bit of snow where I am, but only a light dusting really.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No snow landed where I am. You can tell it had been snowing but it didnt survive the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I have about 10 flakes on the roof of my car, but that's it. The sun is shining now and not even the roof tops are white

Drove the kid to school, about 2km and they have multiples of what we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Nothing at all down here - bloody cold though. Happy Friday everyone.

Don't think so, ground was just wet when looked at 6.30am, car had a little sleet on the windscreen and little on roof of shed.

Seems to have been very localised. They were talking about it on the radio when dropping kids to school, is hard to make general weather predictions, even within counties as are factors such as altitude and closer to the sea etc.

Yeah, we don't usually get snow either, too close to the sea. I left the lad walking to school with his cousin, snowball fights the whole way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭DvB

HAd to scrape about 2 inches off the car to bring the kids to school. But other cars on the road looked like they'd none on them at all, our garden is an exposed spot so maybe we just caught more than most. Everything green on the way was covered in snow, all roads & footpaths clear though.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Just looking at the weather app there, heavy rain forecast for tomorrow & Sunday but temperatures on the rise so just wet & miserable with little chance of more snow.

Was really hoping our match will be called off tomorrow, don't fancy Skerries at noon in the lashings of rain!

edit.

Match tomorrow cancelled as all pitches in Fingal are confirmed as off.... think I'll have a beer tonight so😀

Post edited by DvB on
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We have three to four inches here & school is closed! We've had a lovely morning out building a snowman, but sadly, the kids have been shipped off now to the grandparents while I knuckle down to some work. Only down side of WFH, there are no snow days any more! I was tempted to say that the electric was gone :P

You should have! 😂😂

Aw, sorry to hear about the match, DvB. ☹️😉

Lovely out now, warm in the sun and not a breath of wind. Hard to believe after yesterday and what forecast for tomorrow!

The lad had snowball fights on the way to school and walked back after school in his t-shirt. Go figure.

Yea, is very cold now when out of the sun and actually warm(ish) a couple of hours ago!

Definitely weather to get a cold!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Definitely. Sitting here currently with a sore throat and ears.

it begins.

So glad all today's games were cancelled, wouldn't have enjoyed standing out in that mucky weather for a couple of hours at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Pardon the language but the weather today is just sh1te

Isn't it awful!! 😒

You couldn't get anyone from the BBC to commentate on them? 😁

It's definitely a Chinese takeaway night🥢🍜🍚

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I've been beside the stove since 12 watching football. Not moving myself.

Its incredible the price of fuel. 10KG of bricketts were €9.

Had nephew’s birthday yesterday so had a few beers, takeaway and cake at brothers house. Lovely afternoon/evening especially been inside!

Much nicer this morning so just back from long cycle with Elf2. Due to turn later so will be sofa to watch the rugby, c’mon on Ireland….

I've just donned my supporters top and am waiting patiently on the sofa.

What a performance. Outstanding.

It was a brutal match alright. And that issue with the ball was so frustrating.

• Advertisement

For everything that went against us, to have the will to win the way we did in that second half was incredible. Nowhere near us at our best but shows how hard we are to beat now...

Next week will show how much strength in depth we have against an England side that need a performance after their tonking on Saturday.

Advertisement