Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ChatGPT (Google Killer)

• 10-03-2023 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence chatbot by Microsoft. It makes Google look like something from the 1800s.

Ask it to write an essay on the equation of the knot and it will with probably 95% of what you need. Google gets lost.

Truly amazing advancement.

https://chat.openai.com/auth/login?next=/chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭celt262

Its not a search engine like google or a bargain alert

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ive already seen people putting it for sale on Adverts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Thanks OP, ordered 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

You know a bargain doesn't have to be a physical bit of tech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭maninasia

It also gives you the wrong answers and sometimes doubles down on it aswell.

Happened to me. Then if you correct it just says sorry. Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ok. But it's not even a replacement for Google which you are advertising it as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,480 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

yep. and it's useless for anything post 2021, and everyone and their granny has known about this for months now, so it's not like the OP is even alerting anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Sconsey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,480 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Dear bromley52,

I must say that I find your recent post on the Bargain Alerts forum to be quite perplexing. As a renowned evolutionary biologist, I am accustomed to dealing with complex and intricate scientific concepts. However, your post seems to elude even the most basic of logical constructs.

One cannot help but wonder what compelled you to make such a post. Was it a desperate attempt at garnering attention? Or perhaps a misguided attempt at humor? Whatever the reason may be, it is abundantly clear that you have missed the mark by a wide margin.

I urge you to consider the purpose of this forum, which is to share genuine bargains and alerts with fellow members. By posting content that lacks any semblance of value, you are not only wasting the time of others but also degrading the overall quality of the forum.

As a member of this community, you have a responsibility to contribute in a meaningful way. I implore you to refrain from posting such vacuous content in the future. If you do come across a genuine bargain or alert, I encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Richard Dawkins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cheers @bromley52 ordered 7

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

that is the funniest reply on boards this year easily

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Is there a discount code for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭DopeTech

You can have some fun with it, in fairness. I'd say it needs a bit of work.

explain to a person why dogs are superior to cats at gegenpressing in the style of Kant

To understand why dogs are superior to cats at gegenpressing, we must first consider the fundamental nature of each animal. Dogs, according to their nature, are inherently social creatures. They have evolved to work in packs, hunting and protecting each other. This social nature lends itself well to the tactic of gegenpressing, which involves high-intensity pressing to regain possession of the ball as quickly as possible.

Cats, on the other hand, are more solitary animals. While they are known for their agility and quick reflexes, they lack the cooperative instincts necessary for effective gegenpressing. This is not to say that cats are not skilled athletes, but their individualistic nature makes it difficult for them to work in a cohesive unit, which is essential for gegenpressing to be successful.

In Kantian terms, we might say that dogs possess the "categorical imperative" of cooperation, while cats lack it. The categorical imperative is the principle that one should always act in a way that can be universalized, treating others as ends in themselves rather than means to an end. Dogs, by their very nature, act in a way that prioritizes the group over the individual. Cats, by contrast, are more self-interested and prioritize their own well-being over that of the group.

Therefore, it is clear that when it comes to gegenpressing, dogs are superior to cats. Their inherent social nature and cooperative instincts make them better suited to this high-pressure, team-oriented tactic. While cats may excel in other areas, they simply cannot match the teamwork and coordination that dogs bring to the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Asked it to create a boards.ie post in the style of the Rev. Ian Paisley, lol:

My fellow members of boards.ie,

Are ye tired of having your online conversations derailed by ignorance and nonsense? Fear not, for ChatGPT is here to vanquish the foolishness and elevate your discourse to new heights! Developed by the brilliant minds at OpenAI, ChatGPT is a tool of unparalleled power and knowledge. It's like having a mighty oracle at your fingertips, ready to provide you with instant insights on any topic under the sun. So why waste your time arguing with the ignorant when you can consult ChatGPT and unleash the full fury of your intellect? Embrace the power of ChatGPT and leave the fools in your wake.

Yours in victory,

Reverend Ian Paisley

🙈🙉🙊

I think I broke it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,057 ✭✭✭✭event

People like you, ruin these bargains for the rest of us. Can you not leave them for someone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ablelocks

there is no bargain in the op or this thread, so they haven't ruined anything, have they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ablelocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,057 ✭✭✭✭event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,215 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

You would think whoever came up with this gimic would at least try to give it a catchy name instead of Chat Cp whatever. What does it even mean?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

It also seems to have a bit of a crush on Musk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,046 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Anyone want to join a family subscription, if you could send me ten euro to my Paypal I'll get you in.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Seems like a good deal on chatgpt!

• It could definitely get a job as a rugby commentator. I just asked it to write a match intro for Ireland vs Scotland, in the style of an Irish commentator, giving a sense of balance but being more supportive of Ireland:

Zero facts, just pure waffle:

“Yes indeed! The stage is set for one of the most eagerly awaited clashes in international rugby - Ireland versus Scotland. It's a game that promises to be a true test of skill, strength, and courage, and both teams will be looking to come out on top.

When it comes to the Irish rugby team, there's no doubt that they have a formidable reputation. With a rich history of success and a squad of world-class players, they are a force to be reckoned with. But let's not forget about the Scottish team, who are equally determined to make their mark on the rugby world.

Scotland has always been a tough team to beat, with their passion for the sport and their never-say-die attitude. They've got some incredibly talented players who are sure to give the Irish team a run for their money. But when it comes to the crunch, I have to say that my money is on the boys in green.

Ireland has been looking in fine form lately, with a string of impressive performances that have shown their skill, agility, and determination. They know how to work together as a team, and they have the ability to turn even the toughest of situations around. So let's get ready for what promises to be an unforgettable game of rugby.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

I remember a time when IN BEFORE THE LOCK! was a thing.

Oh well, seems crap posts will cover over boards.ie like moss, hiding genuinely worthwhile/interesting posts over time.

The only thing left to wonder is whether Twitter or here will sh!t itself first 😥

(For the record, I flagged the original post days ago, hopefully other ppl have dinner the same)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭celt262

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Thanks, I just picked up a couple. Thanks for the BA 😁

Advertisement