Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

As a matter of interest has anyone anyone compared the cabin space, specifically the beach seats in the Niro vs the Megane (given no dealers have any Niros).

On YouTube reviews the Niro looks to be much more spacious....might have secured a new K3 for May delivery so am back to comparing to the Megane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

I test drove both, Niro felt far more spacious, in particular in the rear of the cabin. Boot in the Niro seemed biggered too.

Thanks, looks like the dealer has found a Niro EV for us to test drive next week. Fingers Crossed.

Did you end up buying a Niro?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

No, model y. We had a ZS on order and were looking for an alternative as they had no idea when it might arrive. Hence the Niro, Mégane etc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

2021 eNiro.

Anyone know if you can display battery % on the dash rather than range?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭vinniem

Think battery percentage only on infotainment split screen.

That could work but I couldn’t see an option to display it there. Where should I be looking.

thanks n

Hi Gumbo, you need to set up in the settings for split screen and then decide what ud like in split screen like battery, clock, weather etc. You can minimise split screen by arrow on RHS, same to display. PM me if you want and I can show you pics how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Kia Charge

Is anyone using the Kia Charge card for public charging. I used it for the first time two weeks ago and was charged € 0.55 per kwh on an ESB 150Kw charger. It was cheaper than what ESB were charging. I note on the Kia Charge App that the rates have jumped to € 0.93 per kwh now. I'm using their pay as you go plan - no monthly subscription - Was there a price change at the start of March ?

€0.93c/kw.. Are they serious. Crazy money when electricity prices meant to be dropping. That would discourage anyone thinking of EV works out far more expensive than petrol/diesel!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Looks like no stock of Niro EVs until after July. Probably a price change in the wings as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

That was just me predicting. Prices are only going 1 way at the moment and with the EV grant being reduced from July, I can only imagine the price going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

For the benefit of future Boardies, I had the charging door stuck issue for a while now. Sporadic, annoying, someone said give it a hit and unlock, usually worked, the issue was with the locking mechanism (the actuator) so Kia replace the unit under warranty with no cost 👍

Found one last week and put a booking deposit down, delivery in late April.

Have a booking deposit on a Megane Etech too, now to decide....based in room/space ot looks like we might go with the Niro EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Heyhorse

Just checking in to see if any developments on E Niro delivery times.

I placed an order with deposit on October 27th. 2022. called to the dealer yesterday and they tell me that they have no idea when it will be delivered maybe June or July.

i am beginning to loose faith in the dealer and with the German government pushing to extend the time frame for ban on diesels, I am beginning to think that I would be better off looking at a diesel car again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Contact Kia Ireland. You can see so many people on here have ordered cars after this and have received them. It's really not acceptable.

But when you first said it, I certainly would have scoured the country for one, and pulled the original order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 nami268

Can I ask what model you were able to order? I have a K4 ordered in October in Cork and I cannot get an updated delivery date. Was to be Feb...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nami268

I also ordered from Cork in October (K4 model) and beginning to think it's hopeless

A good friend of mine placed an order only 3 weeks ago and the EV charger was installed this week and car is ready for collection, when I contacted the garage about this they said he ordered a K3 and my order was for a K4.

Shipping takes about 5 weeks. Cars probably assembled about 3 weeks before shipping. So any order fulfilled within nearly 3 months is likely someone else's cancellation, or an order spare

There is a garage in Cork that is advertising K4s on Carzone as being "in stock". Methinks this might be a sales ploy then.....

Ordered and have a booking deposit on a K3.

A dealer out West said they have four K3s coming in soon but they have to offer then to the K4 waiting list first....only then (if any are still available) would they offer one to me.

I assume if the K4s are so bad in supply that people would just take the K3.

Main differences (I think) between the K3 and K4 are nicer trim, button to close boot and dash display mirroring into window.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

Ordered my K4 in Dublin 1 November and got keys on 4 January. Have only seen one other on the road.

Reply I got from Kia Ireland W.R.T. order for e niro K4 placed on October 27th. 2022

Thank you for contacting KIA customer care.

Currently, KIA Europe is delivering a limited number of cars throughout Europe, one of the deliveries we expect is at the end of March, beginning of April, and the next one should be in June/July.

We could not confirm if your car on one of these shipments, but the dealer who ordered the car for you will be the first to know.

Please stay in touch with your KIA dealer.

Did you tell them who your dealer is ? If not, reply back and say that you are very unhappy with the communication from dealer xxxxcc.

They will then contact the dealer, and expect suddenly a phonecall from your dealer.

If you don't call out the dealer on this, I think you'll stay in the dark

• Advertisement

Took your advice

Dealer contacted me to offer me a K3 in the next 10 days in the colour I want.€3000 cheaper.

Now organising home charger as chassie number is available.

Question can the energia charger supplier upgrade to Zappi as I haver Solar PV coming in the next 6 weeks.

Advertisement