Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My trivial annoyance is the smoke alarm in my kitchen that has been chirping for the past few days, getting increasingly more frequent. And the current battery is probably only in it 2 or 3 months.

The other annoying thing is that I have spare batteries but just haven't changed it. That may change later, as this morning it chirped right into my ear when I was standing half a metre from it. I didn't appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm starting to regret the boots I wore to work Today.

I started at 10:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭Bredabe

When I was on the phone to the insurance company yes, I gave them the wrong email address!

Now will prob have to spend an hour calling and explaining to several ppl what I need changed and what it needs changing too, will prob make my claim so late its not worth sending now.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

It's been said before, but the amount of smelly people on public transport. Am on the bus home from work now and it's like being trapped in an aquarium full of sweaty feety farts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

People in front of me who walk slow when i'm in a hurry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I drove to the shop but snow must have been blocking the sensors so every time I moved i was getting bleeeep

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The amount of people in positions of responsibility, authority whom others depend on , but who are absolutely incapable of making good decisions…

Wout Weghorst….2 goals in 20 appearances for Burnley, Burnley get relegated but some person at Manchester United… “ I know, let’s sign Wout Weghorst. 🙄🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I am awaiting a stamp duty letter of closure from ulster bank credit card so i dont get stung for stamp duty twice.....

I have requested it now 4 times!....over the course of 3 months....

Each time they said they will send it (7-10 working days) and apologised after confirming correct address.....

Headmelting stuff.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

City bus services just stopped because of snow.. Like this was a surprise snowstorm or something 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I had the opposite problem. Got the letter straight after closing my account.

But trying to get my new card provider (AIB) to accept it was torture. Eventually had to queue up in a branch so that they could take a copy of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That you have to get out of bed on days like today is my current TA. I am warm 😖

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Walked into town to get bus as bus eireann pulled their city services last night and had no updates this morning. Probably good for me but argh..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

You have buses? Public transport? Our town bus was stopped during the first part of Covid and never came back. We have 2 trains per weekday and the odd bus eireann from Limerick to Waterford going through the town. (We have a excellent private bus going to Dublin (airport included) so not totally abandoned.

My TA - someone tell Eamon Ryan to stop flying to Singapore as flying is bad for the environment and get the WHOLE country some public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Drivers who don't use indicators at roundabouts 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭Bredabe

One of my girls is in a house broken into flats, she is on a landing with another unit, recently she heard and then saw a mouse.

She hates rodents of all kinds, gets really scared and has rung me quite a few nights bc she can hear the mouse in the adjoining room. The LL got a wire trap and left it for her to set and place in her kitchen(que more terror) and told her he was going to be away and she would have to have a friend move the trap when the mouse died.

Advised to get a sonic mouse repellent, she got the one that would cover a full house, she mentions this to her neighbour when he mentions to her not to have peanuts rodents love those. Those are expensive where she lives so doesn't have any.

Thankfully the mouse seems to disappear for a couple of weeks, she met her neighbour in their hall and he said the sonic wasn't any good as he had the mouse back the night before as he had bought peanuts!

Ta at ppl who know things and still put their wants ahead of close ppl's mh and safety.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Doddery oul wans blocking the Scan & Pay access terminal in Tesco while they rummage around for their Clubcard while I'm standing there with the phone ready in my hand. Move!

Also, had my place set at the counter for my lunch, which I'm literally standing at the stove cooking, and my dad comes down for his breakfast and moves the whole thing aside so he can sit there.

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I have encountered a few overly cautious drivers already today, even though its patently clear that the roads are perfectly fine and the weather warnings clearly don't apply to our area.

Presumably these same people dopple themselves in suncream on a dank Irish day because there's scorching heat in the Costa del Sol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Always a TA

Buy eggs by the dozen, tray in the fridge only holds 10, bugs me every time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I've seen boxes of 10, wondering why and was TA'd 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Those speed signs that tell you what speed you are doing, turn green and show a smiley face when you are under the limit and turn red with a grumpy face when you are over.

There's a new 30 limit in my local town.

It's 50 coming up to it but the sensor for 30 goes off before you reach the 30.

So every morning when I'm in the 50 zone it flashes a red 45 with a grumpy face at me.

I hate being blamed for something I didn't do. I'm 5 under ya b*stard!😡

One of these mornings I'm going to get out and puck the head off the sneery f*cker! 😬

Gary Lineker having to step away from MotD over perfectly reasonable comments about the current UK government.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yeah?

I heard what he said alright but didn't know there were repercussions.

It's as bad as boards over there so! 🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

One episode of Attenborough’s new show won’t be shown on BBC, it will be available on the iplayer, for fears it will “upset” the tories now as well.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Alan Shearer and Ian Wright have refused to work on the programme as a result of the BBC’s decision. Fair play to them. My opinion of both has skyrocketed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I have a problem with this one - if its small and you are driving straight through, you don't use it, indicate left or right and turn left or right, not straight through.

If its big, lots of turn offs, two lanes heading in and out, then indicate left or right

Death to the numpties indicating right only to indicate left when exiting straight on. You only indicate left exiting the roundabout.

From reports neither Alan Shearer or Ian Wright will take part ‘ in solidarity ‘ with him so it’s not going away soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Celmullet

People who try and walk through you in shops as if you don't exist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Cars advertised with the following ''ETRAS''

- Alloy Wheels

- Centralised locking

- Electric Mirrors

- Electric Windows

- Power Steering

- Remote Central Locking

- Split Fold Rear Seats

- Multiple Airbags

- Front Fog Lights

- Front Electric Windows

- Heated Mirrors

- Rear Electric Windows

- 3x3point rear seat belts

- Adjustable seats

- Adjustable steering column/wheel

- Windows front + rear electric

- Foglights

- Height adjustable drivers seat

- Mirrors electric and heated

- Outside temperature meter

- Rear headrests

- Rear wiper

- Spot lights.

This is copied off a Main Dealers ad and some of these ''EXTRAS'' are written twice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement