Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,137 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I disagree strongly on that, he should stay well away from the "Death Cult", he is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

So you agree that he spouted tittle tattle about his family- glad we’ve cleared that up

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭squidgainz

I can't find Williams response to the allegations of assault anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

In the book William confronts him because Meghan is rude and abrasive to the staff. Harry deflects saying his brother is believing the papers, papers that are laid out in the palace implying his brother is living in the bubble/cage, isn't privy to what is happening and it isn't true. Even if that is indeed true then his brother was still there on behalf of the staff at the end of the actual/fabricated rudeness and abrasiveness then to me that implies empathy either way.

So how then can someone exhibiting empathy be a psychopath?

In the book William confronts him because Meghan is rude and abrasive to the staff.

Well no, he came over to confront about a load of lies that he was willingly swallowing from his deplorable "aides".

When Harry wasn't subservient he then attacked him.

So yes that is someone exhibiting psychopathic traits.

It's hardly that mad an notion TBF, he is to be head of the cult probably in the not too distant future.

Among all the different, riotous emotions coursing through my brother that afternoon, one really jumped out at me. He seemed aggrieved. He seemed put upon that I wasn’t meekly obeying him, that I was being so impertinent as to deny him, or defy him, to refute his knowledge, which came from his trusted aides. There was a script here and I had the audacity not to be following it. He was in full Heir mode, and couldn’t fathom why I wasn’t dutifully playing the role of the Spare.

Pretty unhinged stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Agreed, but I'm sure he thinks since he got the title of his book shoehorned in he was a literary great.

I remember being labelled an arm chair psychologist diagnosing people I have never met with NPD because I commented that I think they display narcissistic traits. A neat deflection to shut down a basic "walking, talking, looking like a duck" common sense opinion. My clarifying that only a professional can do such a thing was ignored. You're doing the same thing. Perfectly fine to say you think someone is a psycho using the common sense mentioned but fundamentally wrong to say that as a fact because I assume you're not in the field to make any kind of diagnosis. Also Death Cult? And I'm supposedly the conspiracy theorist. 😄

The same death cult, he is right to escape from, but one he will in all probability be going along with during a ceremony anointing its new leader in a few weeks time and, lest we forget, the same cult he is happy to have his kids using titles from for future such events.

You’re now taking Harry’s book as “fact” - if you’re going to refer to what Harry said in his book at least have the decency to say “Harry claimed in his book” - absolute total and utter rubbish and completely misleading in this thread- you won’t get away with this monstrosity of fiction you’re posting as fact

im disgusted and also Prince William is also disgusted- and very disappointed with you

Also Death Cult? And I'm supposedly the conspiracy theorist

That's not my phrase. It's in the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Seems to me like Harry started with the physical "abuse", in this brotherly tit for tat 🤔.

Even confirms it himself..

"I stood, brushed past him"

This clearly indicates contact, and for all we know Harry's "brush" could be a shoulder barge 😂.

Post edited by ForestFire on

• Advertisement

The gospel according to Harry Markle - love it

How could you defile the altar of Harry Markle in such a way? For your penance you must travel 1000s of miles in a lear jet whilst spouting rubbish about climate change 😄

Use the force - the truth is out there- coz it’s certainly not here 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think I have the solution here.

Remember Harry's other memoir about the seals* ignoring him and responding enthusiastically to Meghan? When Harry realised it was his mother letting him know she approved of Meghan? Or the psychic his mother used as a messenger?

Maybe they could clarify if William is a psychopath/bully/domestic abuser?

I mean, surely seals and a psychic wouldn't lie?

*I'm sure it was seals that the late Diana chose to communicate through, but I'm open to correction.

Well after that Oprah interview they had a private call together and next thing Gayle King is on CBS the following day saying that their talk was unproductive and Meghan wasn't spoken to. Maybe they've decided that the best way to deal with the situation is to go the grey rock method i.e. zero acknowledgement and getting whatever unavoidable interactions with each other over and done with asap. For example, the unveiling of the statue of their mother a while back or the walkabout when the Queen died. Show up, smile for the cameras, doing the deed, press the flesh and then going their seperate ways.

Any response regarding the Sussexes can be distlled to a three word phrase...Recollections may vary. Funnily enough William said the family is not a racist family and his brother went and validated that. Unconcious bias? Yes. Racists? No. The press said that...yadda yadda.

Doesn't really answer Why didn't he respond to allegations of assault ? Didn't even trot out the line recollections may vary.

• Advertisement

If he replied and denied it then it opens up a tit for tat. Harry could go on to allege other things, things which would also require a response. In time, when an allegation is not responded to then the silence can be taken as comfirmation of guilt i.e. you responded by denying the other allegations but not this, guilty as alleged. It becomes a gotcha, invited/taunted to play a game of tit for tat you can't win. Likely why there is no response considering some have already taken his words in the book as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Maybe he loves his brother and doesn't want to get involved in a public quarrel that will make Harry look bad and escalate the bad feeling between them.

We're never going to get a public announcement from the royal family on their side of the story, so we're left with the recollections of a man who is seeing his past experiences through the prism of his wife's interpretations. All his victories are his own, while all his failings are the fault of others (his family)

What gets me about Harry is the astonishing hypocrisy of the man and complete lack of self awareness.

Wanted a quiet life, away from the spotlight of the royal family, so he can have a normal life raising kids in a normal family setting, do some good in the world to honour his mother, by speaking up for the downtrodden and saving the world from environmental disaster.....All the while living the life of multi-millionare, in a vast home, travelling on private jets( a lot) to give countless interviews about the awfulness of his past life and family while demanding he keep the perks, privilege and titles for him and his family, thereby putting his own children in the very same spotlight he claims to run from.

It doesn't tally. You'd have to be living in an enormous echo chamber not to realise it. He's gone from living in one bubble to living in another. Gone from being held in a gilded cage, surrounded and controlled by the royal family and it's entourage to flying haphazardly into another and being surrounded and manipulated by Meghan Markle and her entourage.

You'd like to think he'll figure this out and some actual reflection and thoughtful self awareness might lead to the next phase in Harry's life. Who knows, maybe in five or ten years Harry'll find himself living in a modest cottage in the Lake District, walking his kids to the local school, dropping some bottles at a recycling bank, on his way to work at the health centre. He'll probably find himself a lot happier for it.

Agreed. The impression I got from the book was his family (dad and brother) wanting him to be happy, to get help.

It can be summed up quickly.

Prince wants to find love. Meets someone. Ignores red flags. His wary Brother, who sees those flags, tells him to take it easy. He doesn't. Gets married. Realises he/they are miserable. His wife is suicidal. They leave. Move abroad. Becomes alienated with his family. Family plead with him to get help, proper help. He doesn't. Blames everyone but himself and gets paid for doing so. Does all the drugs. Gets comfirmation he is right via the spirit of his dead mother. Everyone else moves on. The End. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭jackboy

Maybe William is a psychopath. Harry claimed to have killed 22 people in Afghanistan so being a psychopath certainly runs in the family.

No I think a physical assault requires a response tbh. He never did respond though. Seems odd to me. If someone accused me of that and I didn't do it , I would respond. Even with the weak enough recollections may vary line. But I'd definitely be responding. Maybe it happened :O.

So your reason for him not responding to the assault allegations is that he loves his brother. Hmm.

And again if he responded what is to stop Harry making even more allegations? Remember he still has a book deal and has said he had enough material for another book (800 pages trimmed down to 400). It's a strange position to be in, to, in all likelihood want to respond in kind but knowing it would ultimately be a fruitless endeavour. These are two grown men. Sometimes you have to accept that despite wishing the other well, wanting them to be happy etc. there sometimes comes a time when you go seperate ways and drift apart.

Say William replied and said he went to see Harry over them bullying the staff and Harry was drunk/high and said Kate was something derogatory and he decked him. Lost his temper, Sorry it happened, my brother needs help blah blah blah. What would happen? What would get resolved? It would be a he said/he said situation and replying would be pointless to that end. If Harry hadn't cultivated a reputation for twisting things, lying, hypocrisy then his claims would have a firmer footing. I think his brother knows Harry is in boy who cried wolf territory. May well be telling the actual truth but there are doubts as to his integrity. I'd say this is the approach adopted by no response from William i.e. You're going to believe my confirmed as a liar, all-the-drugs using brother who is communicating with our late mother? Ok (sarcasm).

I don't see any of that as a decent reason to not deny an assault allegation. That's just my opinion.

• Advertisement

I know. I'm just saying that if William replied then he would hardly do so in a "I confirm what Harry wrote is exactly what happened" manner.

Advertisement