Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Under-20's 2023

Comments

Jesus! 61 - 7. They are mollecating them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,328 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Thats an unfortunate red on the lad, he did lower himself and there's a big size differential, but such is the law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,183 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That must be a red.

Head on head contact, the Ireland carrier is pretty much upright and the Scotland tackler drives up to make the head tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Had to be red. unfortunate but head on head with no mitigation as well. will likely be another few scores now.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭El Vino

This Scotland team ran England pretty close in the first match  41-36, I never thought they would be this bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Hugh Cahill is simply awful....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Very thin squad and a few injuries made the Scottish fall apart imo.

Kind of like the Italians a decade back. Would always stand up in the first week of the competition.

I'm quiet a bit behind the live match. I just heard commentary on RTE mention that only 2 schools in Scotland play rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

O'Connell and Sheahan linking up is definitely a vibe

He speaks very highly of you Toast.

Bodes well for a glorious slam in Musgrave Park, Sunday week.

• Advertisement

Thats just completely false about schools. Many do play club and schools though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Quick google would say that’s wrong. 4 competitions at under 16 and 18. Cup, plate, shield and Bowl. Which would suggest at least something similar to Leinster.

Did they say only 2 players from Scottish schools? I think they mentioned a lot of the squad not being based in Scotland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Just quoting RTE. Maybe I misheard or they were talking about where the players in action tonight came from. It was around 42-44 minutes on RTE.

A Mack Hansen F-bomb from Quinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Find both commentators to spout some amount of shite, often getting players wrong and mixing up the players back stories and just Bring factual incorrect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,183 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Quinn dropping the F bomb in his post match interview.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,790 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Well that was comprehensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

seen so much talent coming through the past few weeks , Irish rugby is in good hands - fealt for the Scots, what do they do, sack the coach or is ther no competive talent available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

yes I think that was a reference to the players not being based in Scotland. A lot must be at boarding schools in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Scotland were poor but it was good to see that we could put that sort of game to bed early and push on regardless.

Prendergast continues to impress. Plays very calm, fixes defenders, makes the right decisions the only question is how he adapts to the speed of pro rugby.

Gunne frustrates me - does a lot things very well, does a lot of things poorly imo. Part and parcel with this level I suppose.

Cooney has continued to improve. He makes decisions quickly and there's no hesitancy with hitting a gap, reminds me of Liam Turner with the way he plays and how he can handle the physicality despite his small stature. I was on the fence on whether he'd be in the leinster academy next season, and I suppose the coaches might have the prospects coming along behind him in mind, but I reckon he's earned it. Likewise with McErlean - backline has ticked along so much better since he came back from injury.

Was great to finally see a huge game from Quinn, I have a feeling that him and those wide channels are going to be the best of friends over the years.

Its a pity there's only a game left because I'd love to see more of Liam Moloney now that he's back from injury, but you can't justify dropping any of the other backrowers when there's a slam on the cards. He won't get much more of a chance to put his hand up for Leinsters academy this year.

• Advertisement

Sacking coach is pointless. wouldnt have mattered what coach. its the structures they need to look at.

A lot are contracted centrally with scottish academies with another big group then playing super 6(top tier club rugby). they do have 5/6 who are playing with pro academies in england or in university in england

My wife's cousin has a kid in a posh Scottish school playing in the back row of a very successful team.

Talking to his mother, there is essentially no value added by the national structure in terms of talent identification, national excellence camps, S&C programmes for HP players etc.

They are in the absolute shyt when it comes to a talent conveyor. As Jackman said, the SRU CE is on a million a year and presiding over a clusterf***. They are every bit as bad as Wales, maybe worse. And that level of neglect and incompetence has existential consequences for the pro game, in both nations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

England going to lose with no BP to the French.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

About 8 mins left in the Eng France game with the latter winning 35 - 7.

England look poor. Grand slam next week once Ireland do their jobs.

Scottish CEO is on a lot but its not quite a million a year. he got that one year a few years back but its still about 3/4 a million. theyre worse than wales. wales produces far more talent. i criticise ireland for over focus on a few fee paying schools but we've expanded a lot more than the scots have,. outside the borders rugby just has feck all traction and SRU dont do anywhere near enough

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭SophieLockhart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

great to see Italy winning tonight , after years of never-ending defeats they have now become my second favourite team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Just home... Anywhere have a simple list of the try times..?

Glad I didn't bother staying in for the game.

they had bonus point before 20 minutes gone. 7 tries by half time and 12 in total

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Maybe don't pay the crap directors of Scottish rugby so much?

Advertisement