Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,937 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

If there's a left exit before the 'straight through' exit you should indicate after the left exit.

My roundabout TA is idiots driving in the middle of both lanes regardless of which exit they're taking, major bonus points if they're taking the last exit off the roundabout.

Another TA, I started this post before and my phone froze, all my moaning about the autosave draft feature and now I'm raging I had to type from scratch again.

I suspect I need the world's smallest violin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m after a delicious pizza and I want more !!

Listening to a podcast the man says ‘colume for column

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I killed my smoke alarm very soon after it was fitted. They installed it right above the cooker...Also killed the other two ?heat? alarms as they were panic merchants. As soon as I started cooking ... This is a very small demountable dwelling and the door is always accessible. No inner rooms...My nerves would not stand the din!

More than TA as yesterday the cables etc to connect camera to computer vanished and could not download my wonderful snow mountain photos. Now the rest of the connections etc have vanished so I hereby GIVE UP! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This phrase used that I have heard mostly in sports, "The young sixteen year old teenager".

So much redundancy in a handful of words.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

More than a TA. The fcukheads on the road that enter the BIG YELLOW BOX that is clearly marked with YELLOW crossed lines within.

Its day one of driver training DO NOT ENTER THE BOX UNLESS YOU HAVE ROOM TO CLEAR IT.

You can stop in it to turn right only, which is ultimately the point to allow traffic through an exit or to turn right.

I have 2 on my way to work, one at the entrance to the business park, every other morning you will get some arsehole stopped in rhe middle of it which block other traffic getting in or out.. then the second one is at the junction to enter the motorway, its less common, but you'll get the odd wanker that will try beat the lights and end up in the box blocking traffic trying to tun right into the motorway and because this set of lights is ine in a series it means all the other traffic at the lights gets blocked until this wanker gets off the box at the next light change.

Of course they know they shouldn't be there, they're either staring at their phone because they're a stupid plod, or frozen straight ahead like they are really attentive drivers which of course they're not.. they're arseholes..but there's the odd kne that will look to their right long enough for me to give them a piece of my f**king my mind like a dog barking through a closed patio door.

[/end rant]

Vented

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

Got the bus into Dublin for a walk around this morning and have gotten so wet, I honestly don't think I'll ever be dry again. If ever I've seen "that wet rain", it's today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When someone stops you for directions, you go to the trouble of explaining as best you can how to get to their destination and they just drive off without saying thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Wheelie bin men leaving broken glass bottles (that fell out when they were putting the bins on the truck) in the middle of the street.

And a young fella in driving a digger with a phone in one hand and only looking up occasionally to see if he is still going straight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I was putting out fires at work all shift yes, which meant I was running between area's all day, never stopped. at 4 I was dizzy with hunger and splurged on a wonderful kabab. It was yummy! stopped by a group of tourists who didn't speak much english and even tho I pointed out where they should go they still were confused. One in very broken english asked me if I was local(like locals automatically know where tourist venues are) then another one in the group asked me how to get to a different venue which was more complicated to get too.

When I passed them again, they had cornered someone else, ta tourists at this time of year disturbing my once in a decade kabab.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

That @Bredabe has set off a hunger for a kebab. Love them , but can’t be assed to drive to town.

Another false text from AIB .com .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

AIB

Apple Pay

An Post

all scam texts and just this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Happened to be in Newbridge today. The footpath was covered in chewing gum, particularly in front of the section around the PO and Pennys. I've noticed it in other towns but never to this extent. Every cobble lock stone had a few patches of white. Absolutely disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That my favourite all time European fashion brand or label , has gone the entirety of autumn, winter and into Spring not having a single item of rainwear in stock… which given the European climate is erm, dumb as fûck…. 150 different styles of coats, jackets, hoodies and gilets, lots of T-shirts, shirts, gloves, and hats, Not a single rain jacket….

That i had to go to the car 4 times to get a few things as each time i forgot something and had go back out.

More than TA that I cannot remember what I was going to post... My memory is a sieve these days and a very leaky one at that... ( Yes I know; sieves are meant to leak!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Email-related

1/ People who hit reply instead of reply all. Those other recipients were copied for a reason.

2/ Irrelevant and / or lengthy subject lines. Make them specific and concise.

3/ People using old emails in their inbox to start a new topic months later - and not changing the subject line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

Number 3. Number 3. NUMBER 3!!!!! Oh, dear Lord, Number 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Wisdom teeth. What's the point of them, other than to cause absolute fcukery?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Sky sports showing Fulham and Arsenal on two separate channels, you'd think they'd at least show United and Southampton on one channel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Had a 2 people ringing me and asking did I not get their text.

Go into my texts and yep,texts from both but I got no notification.

Go into my phone settings and notifications have been turned off.

So there's been some sort of gremlin sneaking around in my phone settings and taking the p*ss out of me. 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

We tried a new pizza place on Friday (just been awarded best pizza takeway in Belfast) and it was a massive dissappointment. Should've stuck with Pizza Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Clapping when a plane lands grinds my gears !

What they call tautology! Excellent example...lol

"The saying of the same thing twice over in different words, generally considered to be a fault of style (e.g. they arrived one after the other in succession). "

I got an Indian takeaway last night, chicken madras . About 4 pieces of chicken in it . 4 ! I’ll be getting the vegetarian option next time. 😡

Also im only after getting up at fookin 7pm. Fuc.kking hell !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm exhausted and would happily go to bed but nightshift tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement