Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bdgp

1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

And is the stock bull you have genotyped with 4 stars or more?

I bought a pb he cow with stars but ended up she was dna tested for the he association but not fully genotyped for scheme and I had to re sample her. She held her stars… just about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Yea bull met the targets for the June 30th deadline.

Its the fact I didn't notify them that I was changeing from Ai back to bull again that is the penalty issue.

You got away with your cow luckiy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭High bike

Bdgp money in amounts due here tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭Grueller

No sign for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Got mine showing today too...although it's showing a survey completion reduction

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Mine showing there now too

In too and reduction too.

I've a few calves younger than 5 months, so can't fill in pneumonia details etc. Reduction will come in new year when survey can be completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

@Jb1989 I had that last year too, I got paid the following April, you need to keep contacting them about 1 a month from about the start of February on.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭James2022

BGDP payment had a penalty citing "survey completion reduction" so rang them up to appeal it. They said I didn't send in forms in time which I said was false since I did them online way before the closing date. Said they had the forms now and would pay me back the penalty next payment. Is this true or do I need to follow this up in writing?

Falsely penalising farmers from the looks of it. No other explanation since it's all done online with a record.

Post edited by James2022 on

• Advertisement

Happened me every year as I calve different times to most people so my forms are sent later. Always got my survey money in mid summer then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭minerleague

I'm not in this scheme but with new one coming can I look up somewhere to see what number of my cows are 4* on replacement index, as I think you need 80% to reach this figure. Anyone in present scheme not bothering with new?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Micey.ie

You can see the star status of your cows on ICBF if your in herdplus but I guess they will give you a print out in next few weeks when application date opens.

If you were not in BDGP-I see a lot of genotyping-75% of cows by year 5 to be genotyped 4/5 star,also 70% of calves to be genotyped every year.I think €20-25 a pop for genotyping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

Do you have to pay for genotyping yourself? Or does the scheme cover it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

The cost of genotyping is deducted from your payment each year for the duration.

Can the 4/5 star requirement be for either terminal stars or replacement stars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

That eats into the payment when 70% calves done each year, plus cows as I'd only have a handful done. I wasn't in BDGP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭High bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,300 ✭✭✭tanko

The 4/5 star requirement for cows/heifers is judged on the replacement stars only afaik.

The requirements for bulls was on either terminal or replacement up until now but i think there might be a change to the bull requirement in the new scheme which will be announced this week.

Advertisement