Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

I finally picked up an ID3, late 2020 1st model with 45k on it. A week driving it I’m very happy however there is one small issue in that there is a rattle in the back of the car when driving, at first I thought it was the seat not fixed back correctly then I thought it was the seatbelt buckle but it’s not that either. I’m now thinking it might be the charger cap or unit- anyone else experience this that have had their ID3s a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Drop the rear seat on that side and push on the plastic trim joint that was hidden by the seat. See if that moves and makes a noise.

On my ID3 there were two clips damaged on that piece of trim and it would twist and make a knocking/clicking sound 9ver rough ground. I ended up lining it with felt tape which sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Same as TitiantGerm, I had a rattle on drivers side rear seat. The locking mechanism was replaced under warranty and fine since.

• Advertisement

Thanks folks, I’ll try that. Out of the country until Thursday. I’ll report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm 18 months into a 3yr PCP. I'd love to switch to a model 3 but the finances don't work.

It's a fine car, nice to drive, well specced, but lots of niggly software issues and VW are utterly incompetent on software updates.

I'll most likely finance the final value and keep it at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Watched Chris’s video with the facelift reveal - I probably would have to look twice to spot it. Very small changes, like new front bumper, absence of black plastic trim on the hood, illuminated light sections on the boot (like my golf from 2018) and lack of trim badges. The interior is brought in line with the ID.4, bigger screen 12” screen but not for RHD market (nice!). No HW changes, and I guess still no speakers in the back. I would say min 45k here as the current one is 42k. Go home VW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I think the exterior is nicer, only issue is the front bumper under the badge could be sharper or smaller? Probably looks better in the flesh.

Interior is basically on par with the Born now. Still has things I don't like such as the front interior door having gloss black but alcantara touches lift the cabin a bit.

As this is a facelift you're not going to get a complete overhaul, hence the non backlit infotainment or the lack of rear window buttons on the driver door. They really have their work cut out for them with the Mk2.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

similar position although no real desire to own a Tesla, mostly due to the musk factor which i know some people will scoff at me for.

i really enjoy driving the id3 and since 3.0 which fixed the timers i actually don't have any real complaints with the software or have an itching desire for more updates. it does what i need it do do (finally) and i don't know what i'm missing out on otherwise.

i feel like i got a good deal when i bought the car (traded in the beloved e-golf) and with the fall in 2nd hand prices and no chance of another 0% pcp deal i can't see anything other than paying the final payment making sense. maybe things will change slightly in 12months - but i'd be hoping for cheap PCP, a good trade in value and an extra 100km range to make it worthwhile....yeah, i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Another facelift review

TL;DR: Not a lot changed really. Minor cosmetic changes inside and out. Same battery, power etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

Hi, every time I turn on car, it tells me to clean front sensor, I noticed a small chip on one of the front sensors? Must be unfortunate, I assume it won’t be covered under warranty. How much will it cost to replace or did it happen to anyone else? I searched online, ppl saying it’s a quick fix, buy sensor and fit without removing bumper. Any other thoughts?

Front sensor is up on the window in front of the rear view mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

VW plans to lower the base list price for its revised ID.3 below the 40,000 euro mark. Currently, the model is available in Germany from 43,995 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭fits

Good. 40 k still mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I didn't read the link so could be well off. If that is €40k in Germany it will still be a lot more here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Back from a longish trip, big thanks to the ID4 owner that helped me with the Ionity at Kill north, it would not activate via my VW card, never thought / knew the ID app could activate it also. There really needs to be some easier way to pay for charging, apps, force close, restart, plug in now/after ugh.

Range wise, my car is now at 80% saying 240km, Im hoping this is mainly a weather issue, I remember seeing 320+ at 80% last year when new.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Motorway driving (100kph), cold weather … My guess the consumption was ab 17kWh/100? The usable battery capacity in reality is only 52kWh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I'm in a cupra born so pretty identical and my car would say 320-340 at 100% charge. Turn off the blow heater and it can go up to very high 300s.

Heater on, 80% showing 240 doesn't sound too much wrong to be honest.

My long term average from sept 22 to now is 18kwh/100kms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Similar to myself, long term was 17.9kWh/100km since September, recently down to 17.7kwh/100km as temps have been reasonable this Winter.

80% charge for me is around 264-280km (330-350km at 100%) but I do very little 120kph driving. Temps at 18C at the moment as it's not too cold, 20C when it's Baltic out. If you're not doing it already, some people find using a slightly lower cabin temp and using the heated seat/wheel more is more efficient. My climate is in auto speed 1/AC on.

Heated seats and steering wheel on regularly. Driving in D mode with the smart regen on. B mode is less efficient than coasting. 20" wheels so slightly less efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Comer1

My ID.3 had 51kWh left from the stated 58Kwh after 60,000 km. I found that estimating range by dividing kWh/100km by KWh capacity of the car or dividing km traveled by percentage used gave me the same (and pretty accurate) results. I was getting around 18kWh/100km last week or 120km for 42% of charge which works out at about 280km.

Edit: Temps were about 5 degrees and dry with no wind

Post edited by Comer1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Any news on OTA 3.0?

I have an early 22' ID3 Tour, I got the battery changed this January but I've gotten nothing through the system, even emailed the 'I want 3.0' email with the VIN but nothing. Anything I should try? Car has 2 bars of 4G when parked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭fits

It will come when it comes methinks. Haven’t heard about anyone updating recently. We are still on 2.4 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

"I've 2 Continental EcoContact 6+ 215/50 R19 93T ContiSeal, tyres for a VW id3 in my shed.

Changed to a Niro so they're for sale.

One has ~3k/kms on it and the other is brand new. Never even seen a garage.

€150 the pair.

Based in east cork. Can deliver within reason."

Still have these.

Mrs is onto me about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

Went to start car (MY21 on SW 3.0) yesterday morning and greeted by a series of errors, the most serious of which was that the parking brake is active when the car is put in D mode. VW ID Assistance arrranged AA to come out - boosted 12V battery in hope that that was the problem but no change. Car has now been flat-bedded to a main dealer 25 km from me. Two Main VW dealers within 1 km of me couldn't take the car; one hasn't got its service department open yet after transfer to a new premises and the other said it would sit for 4-5 weeks before even being looked at due to increased activity in their service department. No estimate yet of how long car will be off the road. First problem I have had with the car to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Comer1

That's a real bummer. Are you entitled to a loaner car while it's being fixed under warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

Yes, they offered a replacement ICE car, which would have required a €250 refundable deposit and an insurance charge to cover possible cosmetic damage - but I declined as I have access to another car. No information from the garage whether they received the car (I know they did as there is an Apple tag in the car). How VW handle this warranty issue will go a long way to determine whether I hold the car beyond the 3-year warranty, period which ends June '24, or trade for another marque. I have to say though that I've been very happy with th ID3 to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Anybody looking forward to the facelift version? Not much to be seen on the outside, but for me the return to something like golf quality in the interior is very welcome. The hard plastics and somewhat "cheap" feeling inside is my one complaint about the current model (I knew before buying so not a complaint as such!). Otherwise I really like my ID 3. A joy to drive.

I normally keep my car a few years, but I can see myself checking out the cost of moving into this new version once it's available. I will have my current one two years this coming September, so might look at changing around then.

Anyone know when the new version will hit our shores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Kinda in the same boat, honestly would like a ID4 - but price! as the boot size is my only real gripe (other than v3.0). What I heard was if you order now you are getting a facelift, and they will start delivery in Q4 - this is minaly based on my memory from Kris at Battery life (so maybe just german ). I'll be paying a visit to my dealer in Q4 to talk about Q2/3 '24.

I think I would prefer to splurge on extras for my ID3 rather than base ID4, the camera/matrix lights/keyless are all pretty amazing still to me. Would like to experience travel assist.

Advertisement