Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

Been chatting with a Ukrainian for the last 6 weeks or so. She's only looking for friends with benefits as far as I know which suits me. Easy to talk to and good fun. She's very direct and insatiable. Very attractive, the most attractive woman that has found me attractive in years. We met yesterday and got on great. The best kisser too 😊

ha ha great meme.

Women and men are so different. My housemate and her friend were chatting away and I was in the room next and couldn't help but hear their convo and it's pure drama. Stories are so dramatic, like mini episodes of the Kardashians.

"So me and Harry were at the bar and we were chatting away and he kept like...touching my shoulder, I'm like to myself 'what are you at like'. So he was downing shots and getting realllllly drunk. I was fairly drunk too but not too bad. He then leaned in and told me he'd dump Tasha if I wanted him. I couldn't believe it. Like there's no way I'd do such a thing to Tasha but I'd never go near him anyways. I'm a big believer in drunk minds speak sober hearts so I take what he said as being how he really feels so I think it's such a nasty thing to do that to someone, just drop them if someone else wants them."

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

So I’m back on tinder. I have to say it’s improved a bit in my absence. The ‘Looking For’ banner is useful for weeding out the messers, and let’s be honest there are some proper melts out there.

Its been a more pleasant experience this time around… so far 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Glad to hear it 😊

And yep the looking for is really useful…when people use it 😃 should be mandatory.

Maybe it’s my approach that’s improved the experience for me. Waaaaay more selective than I used to be and better at reading what profiles are telling me. The extra features help with this. And more people are using them I’ve found.

• Advertisement

"And whats with the big middle/underboob tattoo?"

Not a fan of the bull ring on the nose, myself. Just swipe left if you don't like what you see.

@breezy it sounds like you need a time out 🤣 It can get frustrating if you are swiping and not liking 95% of what you see, but that’s just the nature of it. It requires patience and it worth pursuing for the few you might be compatible with (by ‘you’ I mean people in general)

For what it's worth I have short term open to long also. Because its only ever going to be short term if its not the right guy. Its just about meeting people and seeing what clicks.

The less you have in your profile the less likely I am to take a chance on a right swipe. If you're putting up something up just to get swipes then most people are gonna suss that within a few text messages. So many profiles with one or two fuzzy pics and nothing more. No thanks. That's lazy. If you're not putting a bit of effort into "marketing" yourself then what kind of effort are you going to bring to a relationship. Short or long term.

But that's just my own personal approach and opinion. There's no right or wrong way. Its whatever works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

You know the phrase "If all you meet is assholes all day long..."???

Maybe have a think about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

• Advertisement

That says something. She didn't want a relationship. Just for the likes.

Most people aren't like that.

You’re projecting a wee bit there. I’ve already said I don’t swipe on blank profiles. I have done in the past. And it’s never been positive for me. I’m looking for someone with a similar outlook on life. A few things in common. And something in their profile that I can message about if I choose to engage. Yes the photos form part of the decision making process. But it’s not a “hot or not” type decision. I like people who smile a lot. And have kind eyes.

I know what I like - and that’s the whole point of it. If you like what you see, both in print and in their pics then give em a like. See what happens. Nout to lose. It’s supposed to be fun !

Yes but that’s not all women.

You're allowed be frustrated and rant, just don’t get bitter and give up, because you can’t tar everybody with the same brush 😊

Are you only using tinder or bumble / hinge also?

Yeah you can. If you have a load of tar and a ginormous brush!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Or someone who still lives with mammy and daddy.

If I were you I’d leave the swiping for today and look again tomorrow.

Love tattoos and piercings in general but I recoil at the boring and generic ones that were just picked out of a catalogue or done by a poor artist.

So many women are on tinder for the validation. And the thing is I think women are in more competition with each other than they are with the men.

A lot won't wear the same outfit because it's been posted online. Men couldn't give a damn about that.

There's a lot of big headedness about professions too.

If someone has their profession on their profile then I view that as them thinking they're unreal for being in that profession.

I like maths. Trust me...that gets you action.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Exactly, and a lot of people can only move out after they have found a long term partner, so it can be a bit of a catch 22 when it comes to dating. Many will unmatch quicker than a rabbits fúck once they find out you're living with your parents.

Depends…. Are the parents frail and old. And is he an only child? 😉

I jest…at the end of the day there are many reasons people live with their parents. In the age range of guys Im interested in (43-58) there’s a few who end up back at home. Divorce mainly I’d say. Or long term cohabiting partnerships that just end and someone has to leave. I live with my daughter. She’s an adult so it’s grand if a fella wants to come over but we still have to be respectable.

its not the dealbreaker you think it is.

EDIT: I can imagine it’s disheartening when it happens. I’ve mentioned certain things about my situation and been unmatched very swiftly. Or just radio silence. Lots of people seem to have long checklists and non-negotiables. But they’d have the same ones if you met them in person. It’s not unique to online dating.

Post edited by Pwindedd on

• Advertisement

-----> Politics Forum

I’m not where I thought I would be at my age either. I’m clinging on by my fingertips truth be told. But others have it worse.

BUT if you find someone in the same boat - you’re on an equal footing. Only way is up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

Overpriced cheese

Saw on hinge a guy had a voice prompt as to how to pronounce his name. His name was Shane 🙃 I clicked on it anyway just out of curiosity to see if he made a joke out of it. But no, it was just him saying…Shane slightly slowly 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

@YellowLead did you try out that blind date type thing on bumble after?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

There are actually loads of them. I can understand when someone has a difficult to pronounce Irish name, but if you're called Mary or Laura I think most people will manage. 😄

Advertisement