Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotland v Ireland match Thread by. chat GPT.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

scotland haven’t shown up at all in the 2nd half.

There body language has been shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Can we not just be happy we won without excusing our wins by calling countries pathetic and shite. It reeks of arrogance.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,264 ✭✭✭✭phog

Great win but only a 6 day turnaround for next match and a few injury concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭A-Train

That was one of the best performances you will see, everything that could go wrong went wrong and they came through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Scotland the spoofers as usual well done Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

Great win. I'm wrecked from just watching

• Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

A bruising encounter, pity there was no bonus point but job done.

Kept Scotland scorless in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Wow, what a match. Pity we didn't get the bonus at the end. Our fitness was incredible.

Next Saturday will be some atmosphere

I'm going to say this and it's not being petty but people have given Scotland far too much credit. We're easily a step above them and need to start believing that we deserve favourite tags easily.

People dismiss rankings but at the business end they tell a story. We're #1 for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Not my intention, despite what way you took it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Well done the lads, massive 4 pointer in adversity.

Big scramble now for the coaches, which Hookers will come in, which three-quarter?

Presumably Sexton and JGP to start. Front row of Porter, Herring and Furlong. Coombes onto the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

A very hard fought and tough win. We showed serious commitment… great character and resilience shown by our lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hanson a well deserved MoM, for the second game in a row I think?

Serious second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

Hansen deserved motm, he was excellent. Conan, POM, VDF, JGP, Bundee, Ryan and Lowe all great games.

Doris seems OK there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Honestly, it's a measure of how well we've played in this second half that I'm actually disappointed we haven't gotten a LBP. Given the injuries, the lack of a lineout and scrum (What the **** is going on there, with Ireland getting penalties without a hooker), it's one of the most exceptional second halves of rugby I've seen from Ireland. Absolutely shut Scotland out. Hansen, VDF, POM, Conan when he came on, superb stuff from them, but everyone played well in that second half. Ryan did well - that offload will having him kicking himself as well.

Pure **** determination to win there. Fair play lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Their is no panic button in this Irish team!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Scotland getting too much credit? If anything they haven't been given enough. That's been our toughest test in this six nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

It's the truth. Scotland have shown time and time again that they're not a serious side. What have Scotland done to earn respect? Beaten Wales and England, two teams who are sitting on a combined -72 points difference...losing 5 of their 8 games despite two of these games being v Italy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭fitz

Held them to a single score on their home turf with all those injuries and disruption, and with plenty of soft reffing leaving Scotland with 15 on the pitch...that's a seriously impressive performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ragwort and Stones

I wonder any chance Sheehan will be back?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭squidgainz

You haven't followed this Irish team if you think that was one of our greatest ever wins. Do you have to have played rugby to be allowed on this forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭squidgainz

We easily despatched them with our 7 throwing, a prop in hooker, losing key players all through the game.

And should have had the bonus.

They're not at Ireland's level.

They're far far better than they've been but we seemed genuinely worried about them. Why?

Again this isn't a slight on them but our national reluctance to accept that we genuinely are the current best and l, barring flukes, there are only 3 teams which wouldn't be classed an upset to lose to

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

Why do Scotland deserve credit for us playing without a hooker? Just makes Scotland look worse. I think we stole as many lineouts from them as they did from us and every lineout went to the front!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭mun1

Conan speaking very well in that interview

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Winning with that amount of disruption is pretty amazing. Having a 7 throwing your lineout ball. A prop playing hooker for 30 minutes and destroying an opposition scrum. Scotland collapsed but it was still a really strong performance to pull a win out of that.

All the seagulls disappeared quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

Honestly no idea why anyone was worried pre game.....

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ragwort and Stones

You haven't a clue. You probably think Ireland would win with Hansen in the front row. Follow this team?? I'm following the game for over 40 years.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Wasn’t a criticism of Murray who was IMO good today.

But Farrell got that sub bang on. JGP the right man at the right time.

Advertisement