Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

It's been great to see 20 year old Tector getting time on the field. A year 1 academy player!

He's not the smoothest looking 10. But, he has grown on me. He certainly has potential. Probably not like Prendergast but, he's done well. I'm hoping they bring him to S.A for the experience.

Henshaw back! Should be good to go v Stormers!

I'd go, Milne. McKee , Furlong

Jenkins, Molony

Ruddock , Deegan, Connors

JGP

HB

DK, Henshaw, Ozzy, Larmour

JOB

Sheehan

Byrne

Ala'Alatoa

Deeny

Conan

Luke

RB

Russell.

We should be pretty strong. Furlong has done next to nothing all season and needs minutes. Ed Byrne recovered and Henshaw has little minutes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

I would reckon zero chance anyone who plays england plays another game 6 days later. Particularly if there is a slam to be celebrated.

It will be up to the same team who did a job on Glasgow to get a result.

Stormers have a European game a week later. Have a hunch they send a weakened squad.

Anyone here who thinks Hugh Cooney and McErlean look the business? Cooney has really jumped out. Brilliant prospects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Big time. Both of those look promising for an academy place.

A lot of talent in this group. Mangan and prendergast already in academy.

Gunne looks likely to get a spot.

Both McCarthy lads in front row (though I'd switch tight head to loose head)

• Advertisement

C.O.T is a certainty. I'd love to hold onto Hadden. Hope to see more of Molony next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

With my provincial hat on, Leinster are in trouble for the knockout stages of Europe and the URC. Doris, Sheehan, Kelleher and Ringrose will all be out for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,325 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Ringrose, fair enough. But the others might jot be long term injuries. Think they said Sheehan had injured ribs. That could be as little as a couple of weeks. I've no idea what happened to Kelleher and I've no idea how bad Doris injury is.

Rugby aside, I hope Ringrose is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Juventu4

Ringrose yes, Sheehan and Doris might not be too bad. Kelleher is the unknown though as he has had shoulder problems before these last 2 years, guy can't catch a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Kelleher was a shoulder injury. He had shoulder injuries before but I'm not sure if its the same shoulder.

I'm just hoping that one of the hookers come good. Doris would be a loss but we have a lot in the backrow. Baird at six and Conan at 8 probably. Ringrose out but Henshaw back in. Ringrose out is a loss but we will get through.

• Advertisement

Ringrose might be physically fine and going by Farrell's post match comments I suspect a lot of what we saw was precautionary. That said - he'll be stood down for quite a few weeks given the severity of the head / neck injury.

The rest could all be back next week. Sheehan has had an x-ray and been cleared so likely bad bruising, Kelleher could be no more than a stinger and Doris is expected to be available next week.

Could all be bad news, but I'd be reasonably optimistic we'll have lads back in time and we've plenty of depth for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,693 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Farrell described Kelleher’s as similar to what ruled him out for a couple months last year and then he had niggling issues with it afterwards too. Little bit worrying since it’s reoccurring

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Another dead cert for the ignore list!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Juventu4

Yeah it's a disgrace, if he doesn't stop with the cultural appropriation of NBA players he won't be make it as a pro and if he doesn't like it he can go drive a bus in Slough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

well that’s just nonsense

Nonsense post aside, Baird is having a brilliant season. He has excelled at blindside flanker for Leinster, adding greater dynamism to the pack.

With Ireland he's playing at lock, but looks very impressive there as well. Made a huge impact at the ruck against Italy and was excellent jumping at 2 to ease our lineout problems when VDF had to throw. He's a hyper athletic 6'6 hybrid lock/flanker.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,637 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Stook will stook

Ringrose will probably miss significant time. Kelleher and Sheehan too. Our season could be arsed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Kelleher couldn't use his left arm, he tried to play on given the hooker situation but his left arm was basically limp. It's hard to see how he'd be fit next week. Doris and Sheehan back would be great. Ringrose should under no circumstances play. Henderson looked gone, has he broken something?

We'd done well so far in the injury department. Yesterday was bleak.

Fair play to Conan! Magnificent effort and performance. Some decline! Perhaps Doris is just that good!

• Advertisement

Yeah fair point. But I do feel Conan just hadn't been as busy around the pitch in recent times. I felt like the Lions form would be the peak of his career because he was worth that Lons selection, but hadn't hit that form in the last 6months. But christ alive, he took his opportunity yesterday. He was everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

While Ringrose would be a huge loss, Osborne starting big games at the end of the season could be the making of him as a top player. Would Osborne go to 13 outside Henshaw or play 12 with the more experienced Henshaw shifting to 13?

Probably henshaw to 13 for the defensive experience.

It would look a bit unbalanced with the bigger centre at 13 but I wouldn't worry abpit it. it would be potent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I thought Sheehan might be ok for next week? Same with Doris.

Leinster have still more than enough depth so that they will still be favoured to beat anyone at the Aviva. It would take a much worse injury crisis than this to change that I feel

If Ngatai is fit we could see a 12/13 combination of himself and Henshaw. Although, that appears to be a big if right now.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,637 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

What exactly is the story with ngatai?

Any sign of a return?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

There's still fairly good depth there if Ringrose and Ngatai were unavailable:

12: Osborne, Frawley, Brownlee

13: Henshaw, J. O'Brien, Turner

Although obviously one of Frawley and JOB might be needed as fullback cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Future potential backline for us looks quite tasty.

10 Harry/ Prendergast

12 Frawley/ Osbourne

13 Osbourne/ JOB/ Turner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Smith confirmed as going to Connacht. Poor fella must be the first person in the pro era to leave Leinster with a 0% win record having played more than 1 game.

Foley has re-signed also.

I reckon we're going to be getting more contract info at 3pm and 6pm over the coming days.

• Advertisement

Is this Andrew Smith? I believe O'Brien is off to Connacht also!

Advertisement