Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotland v Ireland match Thread by. chat GPT.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

I thought the lineout was set. Christopher Roddler got that wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭standardg60

You should have a look at the press conference

'That's the best game i've ever been involved in'

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭blackcard

Keenan's pass for Hansen's try was a thing of beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭squidgainz

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Advertisement

Why did the mgt say how great the win was lol?

Twas. And Lowe’s pass near end for the near score was stunning as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

His tackle on VDM (who never passes) was even better.

JGPs pass to Ryan was unreal

• Advertisement

It was a great win, all things considered. I personally have some others as greater. No such thing as greatest ever, as it’s not exactly measureable. People can have views and opinions.

my own choice is Wales 2009 GS win. In my view our greatest ever win. And a really great performance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

Can we all agree that it was a good win under adversity. They dug deep to win and won well. Showed versatility and cunning. Could have been a BP win in the end.

Epic!! Right up there. another top 5 for me was a SA win few years ago in Aviva. Absolute hell the match was. Not sure the year. I’d think 2018 or so

and a huge favorite mine was 2004 win v World Champions, England at Twickenham. What a performance

• Registered Users Posts: 17,140 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

We really have an excellently balanced back 3. They're all comfortable playing as distributors and two of the three always have strengths the other lacks. Hansen and Keenan are great counter-attackers who always seem to break the first tackle. While Lowe and Keenan are excellent tactical and front foot kickers who can pin back the opposition.

Their wonky real weakness is a lack of blinding speed, but when they're so good technically and tactically you don't really need that speed. If all are fit, I can't see any player coming close to breaking into that trio.

Meh , I've said it's just my opinion , I think im right though , I don't think today's win would be in many people's top 5s greatest Irish wins that's mainly down to the quality of opposition. I have admittedly pushed it too far probably cos your man was going on about following the game for 40 years and all this bolix posturing. Anyway I'll drop it , excited for Saturday hopefully we beat them well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Seadin

It was a super win for Ireland today. Gradually developing into a confident team very much like how Wales played the game when they won slams in 05 08, 12 and 19. Playing with confidence is what I'm saying. Couldn't say that about other Irish teams in the past. Nice position to be in going for a slam next weekend. I think Ireland will have a bit too much next week for England and home advantage will suit Ireland. Not taking it for granted but I think Ireland would have to have a very bad day out for any chance of an English win. Ireland still have to go out and win it and pressure will be on to do that but this team is capable of delivering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭ersatz

Looking at VDM's defensive errors today, particularly for Conan's try, reminded me of Lowe when he came into the team. He made mistakes not unlike that in his first season with Ireland even having improved his defense with Leinster in the previous seasons. It's a big difference between Ireland and Scotland that before Lowe nailed down his place in the team he made remarkable improvements in that aspect of his game. Like VDM Lowe was a great carrier and finisher but while he was a dodgy defender there was always a question mark over his place in the team. There are few obvious weaknesses in any of the starters games for Ireland, you don't get to be a starter until it's all squared away. They have different strengths but few weaknesses.

Scotland played a game of their lives in the first half, right on the line, playing the ref, and doing it with speed, accuracy and power. Even with that and Ireland's game heavily disrupted by injuries and a few errors they still couldn't score more than once. They played incredibly well in that half but not nearly well enough to put the game away. Scotland are a good team but it does go to show just how good Ireland are that at their best, and with Ireland in crisis, they only scored one try in their best 40 minutes of the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

That was a fantastic win. We really are in an incredible place at the moment. Important to enjoy it while it lasts. 6 months is a long time in rugby but at this moment in time I don't think anybody will be looking forward to playing us. Incredible thing to even think about but would NZ and France be keeping a close eye on our result vs South Africa and maybe potentially looking to avoid us? Sounds fanciful after I've written it.

Healy showed why he's still being picked. Has always been a freak athlete. His carrying is not what it was due to the deterioration in his acceleration but the power is still there.

Thought Murray went ok but at the same time I think it's fair to say that JGP was quality when he came on, even accounting for a more dominant pack at that stage. His fingerprints were all over both tries and we were getting to the edge more frequently with him.

I've said this previously but Ryan Baird for me feels like he is soon going to make it very hard for Farrell to leave him out. I expect him to go back to Leinster and play a big part of their season.

Our back 3 completely outplayed their counterparts. Hogg had a really poor game I thought. DVDM is only good going one way and is a bit of a one trick pony. Both our wingers are much more well rounded.

I think we will win next week but don't share others confidence of giving the English a hiding. Particularly with the likely injury list. I know they were hammered yesterday but they will go back to basics next week and are going to have a real edge about them. They also have a way into the game with Steward that for whatever reason they abandoned against France. Would love to snag a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭mun1

So , just to be clear, we all agree that was the best performance by any rugby team at any time over the last 150 years ?

It important we have agreement on that point before we move on

👀

:)

Really like this guy's analysis

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Mod: Abusing posters is not acceptable. Thread banned for two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Who said they were at Ireland's level. All I heard all week was that we were going to hammer them.

I would guess anyone that was worried took too much out of our early efforts in the Italy game and knew that Scotland are a much better counter attacking team than Italy.

There's no comparing us with anybody in the northern hemisphere outside of France. We are no.1 in the world and it's not like we suddenly got there, we've been steadily rising the rankings for a couple of years.

Let's be fair to them today, they lost a hugely important player early in the game in Richie Gray. He's a leader and a great player. I'm not saying it would have made them contend for the win but they'd certainly have been better in lineouts.

I think they can certainly push Australia and South Africa. I think they are only clearly behind Ireland, New Zealand and France.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭StevenToast

The greatest wins in Irish Rugby history were the 2 down in NZ last summer.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

It was the best sporting performance I have ever witnessed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ragwort and Stones

Advertisement