Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Yes , you had to complete the form for your interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hondabanner

Well lads, anyone know how long it takes for them to give you results on the medical? Nurse said I passed but it has to go through phoenix park

• Registered Users Posts: 44 shovtco

• Registered Users Posts: 29 g_or97

I saw a video on YouTube of Wiltshire police in the UK, their bleep test pass level is 5.4 and only a 15m track. I’d be very surprised if they went from 8.8 to 5.4, very drastic drop.

Personally dreading the beep test but at the same time I wouldn’t want them to reduce it. 8.8 isn’t that unachievable if it’s something you really want

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Query101

i got a bleep test app with free trials

i measure out 20 metres and i get running.

id recommend this, first one i did was just to feel it out. Found myself going way too quick on level 3 for example, even on level 1.

Im ready for the test now! Il do one or two more before the actual test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

This is true, there will be a minimum standard to reach for men and women despite age. I believe it to be 6,6 for men and 5.4-ish for the women.

Push-ups/Sit ups being lowered too.

Not sure when it will be coming into play though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EoghanG23

Anybody from batch 9 have their interviews this week and how did yous find it ? I found mine quite difficult as some of their questions they asked didn't really suit my competency examples I had so I kind of had to think on my feet . Really hoping I get over the line and pass , the wait to find out will drive me insane.

Been running on a treadmill the last couple of weeks starting at 8.5km and increasing by .5 every minute. The Garda YouTube released their office bleep test audio so did it for the first time today and only got to level 6… was in muddy grass and didn’t pace myself at the start but not the best start🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lynch1990

I’d recommend running on a 2% incline on a treadmill to emulate running on solid surface. Best trying to get outside on a run , grass if you can to avoid injury.

One long run, one tempo run and one hill sprint sesssion a week will have you well over the standard for AGS.

Fair play, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sparkmos2098

Is there a WhatsApp for batch 10? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Is this available for all levels? Or just an example of how the bleep test is ran.

Yeah all levels, the full test. Search Garda Press Office on YouTube. They released 3 videos the other day all PCT related

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Swabber21

I listened to the bleep test on the garda press offices youtube channel and noticed that level one has 7 shuttles but in the information sheet attached with the pct date offer i received today level 1 has only 6 shuttles. In total the bleep test on the press office has 6 more shuttles than the total number of shuttles in their information sheet. Other levels have different numbers too. Anyone know why this is the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Hi guys I completed my stage 2 the end of January and I still haven’t received my results I’m in the early 4000s on oom should I be concerned here, should I contact them or is anyone else still waiting on results that done there’s around the same time. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

based on previous responses , I would say atleast 3-5 weeks until receive an official email.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gardenfield26

Hi I did mine the end of January stage 2 also but there was a technical error the video kept playing more than once so I had to re do stage 2 last week and I got the result today(Friday) if you have not received results from stage 2 I wouldn’t panic yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gardenfield26

Hi all from previous experience of people further along process how long after the interview is the fitness test? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

My fitness test was roughly 4 weeks after I got the results from the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭king999

Heya just wondering with the fitness test how long it takes know the email says 9-5 but just felt like ya wouldn’t need the whole day to do it . Also if anyone has done it what’s the order it’s done in ? Thanks

Post edited by king999 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hondabanner

The medical itself only takes about half an hour, but I was waiting about an hour for the nurse….. they do the usual eyes, lungs, ears and then measure your height and weight. Another nurse then examines your body, feet ears, back etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Glas114

Hi all, just wondering would anyone be able to help me out, Im in batch 10 and received my results of stage two in early January. In the email it said I will progress to stage to on the basis that my stage 2 is verified and confirmed and to send my detailed application form which I completed and submitted. Am I supposed to receive a further email saying my stage two was in fact verified? It says the interviews should be taking place late March/early April but just abit worried that I haven’t heard anything since!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

for medical- 1 hour roughly

for fitness- Beep test will start around 10am.. 10am-10:30/11 will be beep test, push ups and sit ups. 1 n half hour break and then will be the obstacle course. so should be done by roughly 2/3 .

• Registered Users Posts: 26 glenns141

Well bud, congrats on passing the medical! I had the same experience… as great as it is to hear, just expect to be waiting about 6 weeks as I was. Now it may not be the same for you but I just want to let you know it might be the same for you. I hope it’s not as it’s pretty nerve wrecking, just trust that it takes a bit of time lad or lady.

I was talking to someone who works in HQ and he said nothing happens fast in there so just expect the longest timeline possible. We’ll get there if you know yourself that everything is right. Best of luck and to everyone else too that’s doing the medical precious or soon👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DeiseGC

Hi all, has anybody setup a Whatsapp group for batch 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ElectricChkn

Im in batch 10 willing to share ny number in a pm to start up a group

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ElectricChkn

Im in the same boat, just waiting patiently. Everything seems to be slow moving

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jimbob89

1jsvduenrnemrn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 jimbob89

Same

Advertisement