Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New FAI Crest

• 13-03-2023 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭

FAI announce multi-year kit supply and sponsorship partnership with Castore with a re-designed crest....

Looks like something on an imitation jersey that you buy in Penneys or Dunnes

Reminds me of the old Jacobs biscuit tin logo from the 80's

Thoughts??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Looks like an imitation of the 80s one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Always preferred this crest over the last 2 designs

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Pixel Eater

It's pretty meh to be honest. The last one was looking fairly dated and the current trend to to go for simpler designs but just don't think they got it right.

Anyone know who designed it? Hope they didn't spend a fortune on a trendy design firm in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

I don't like the way it is filled with the green that's already on the rest of the jersey. It's boring. A good crest could sell a lot of jerseys but just like our current team, the association lacks imagination and creativity.

Next Man City manager: You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Pep. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest **** dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭brokenbad

New jersey looks very plain. At least it doesn't have that horrendous "3" logo on it.

Castore seem to be a relatively new player on the soccer jerseys market - no cheaper than the likes of Umbro, Adidas or Nike when they are charging an eye watering €105 for this in Elverys 😲

The FAI are still without a major sponsor hence the absence of a logo this time round....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 MickyBest

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MickyBest

Personally, I like this simple design. And it's good that there are no sponsor ads on a new jersey.

Advertisement