Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,137 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I have literally no idea what you are talking but it sounds just as contrarian and pedantic as the she is not technically married nonsense.

Seriously if these are the reasons this girl garners so much hatred, you would have to assume reasonably that is far more nefarious things at play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

So why calling it marriage then, not just their private exchange of vows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Just for the record, I don't hate Meghan. Frankly, I had high hopes that between William and Catherine, and Harry and her, they might help the monarchy remain relevant, especially for the younger generation. But I was disabused of that hope and expectation fairly quickly by H&M. Now, I just recognise Meghan for what she is, and have formed my view from her behaviour, her utterances, her general carry-on and so on. Her relationship with facts and truth is tenuous, at the most generous.

Such a shame, and a waste. It won't end well for them. And I feel sorrow for them, not hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

No idea? Riiiight, of course you don't. I literally explained it to you. You are of course not contrarian at all yourself and these two hypocrites, to my mind, merely serve as a vessel for you to ramble on about the Royal family. Also, a girl? She's 42, not some babe in the woods.

Exactly. It's at the stage where they are mocked and pitied. It is Oscars night and they haven't even scored an invite to Sir Smelly Johns party, Meghan is doing pap calls with just the sole photographer reflected in her shades, they needed to resort to People magazine to announce titles for the kids and Better Up may be exposed to the SVB situation. A quick look at the latest Daily Mail article and even the amount of comments seem to be dwindling (200 comments as opposed to the typical 1k plus). I think by the time the coronation is done and dusted then after a flurry of attention it will be tumbleweeds because it is already boring which is precisely the quality the survival of the monarchy will be reliant on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

I believe he is.

It's OK when Meghan and Harry badmouth the royals but not OK if they themselves are criticised...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

She was called a "young mother" earlier in the thread too lol. No need to let reality get in the way of the victim narrative

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

And it's ok that they stepped down as senior royals, yet still expect everything to be about them.

Totally reasonable ... Yeah, but Andrew ... The Dail Fail ... ad nauseum.

Yes, a young mother, not a street wise person who must have a backbone to survive in the acting world and also married once before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

And Her husband is suffering from post traumatic stress disorder because his brother gave him a slight shove, once.

You see the thing is disliking the Royal Institution would be quite normal, constant rage posting about a young lady whose crime appears to be calling an exchanging of the vows a marriage isn't.

But, but that's domestic abuse!!😉 Never mind he served 2 terms in a war zone, the incident with William really upset him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Some things arent worth demeaning yourself responding to. Which is something I should have considered when replying to this comment tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭squidgainz

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

They peaked with the Oprah interview.

They were setting the record straight as they saw it. And you know, if they did that without embellishment or misrepresentation people would have respected that. I certainly sat down to watch it ready to hear and fully believe their side of things. But when they peppered it with statements that were clearly worded to have maximum impact but crucially, could also be proven to be false, they lost credibility overall. Then the subsequent documentary series, books and many interviews that are now even contradicting their own statements are not going the way they think.

The most baffling of all is why they are surprised that their family are keeping them at arms length while they continue to spill private family drama. I don't get along with my sister. She sees her version and I see mine. Our "truths" I suppose! We've arrived at a kind of polite truce but given her lifelong history of using my private life as gossip fodder, or outright lying about it to make me look bad (she thinks it elevates her, you see) I now make sure that she knows the bare benign minimum of information about my life. My other siblings I'll confide in because they would take it to the grave. But my sister, nope. She's on an information diet and so are the people that feed her any potential gossip about me. That's what the royals are doing here. Until the point where H&M stop talking about private family stuff, they won't get to hear about family stuff - that's fair enough really.

Spot on. I think you detailing the situation with your sister touches on what makes this so fascinating for people to follow. It is a family falling out and there are tropes, themes and topics deriving from that which makes it relatable to people who go through similar and on which the likes of the Daily Mail capitalise on e.g. lying, victim playing, projection, narcissism, flying monkeys, bullying, gaslighting, hypocrisy, manipulation, wound collecting, high conflict personalities etc. The Sussexes are a high profile example of this and people empathise with it, it sells and will continue to sell. Looking at this through that point of view but it supposedly means I hate these people. I don’t and think it reasonable that people might actually not like the traits listed above and think they are unnecessarily destructive but that is just me. Like yourself you just have to accept the situation and draw a line in the sand. I think his father and brother have tried to talk sense to Harry but they probably know by now that it is a pointless endeavour e.g. oh you want to use titles for the kids after all ye’re guff? Fine, we'll update the website. I'm basing that thinking from the book where I got the sense of William, during the Philip funeral, genuinely appealing to his brother to get help, proper help/therapy and not the kind where he should expect reverence or told what he wants to hear by gurus happy to milk an association with him and ultimately not help him at all.

This is a great example of a manipulator at work. She did specifically say she got married 3 days before the actual wedding. She said that, there was no Daily Mail reporting on it from unnamed sources, its there on video. In my mind, she phrased it like that because she knew full well she didn't actually legally get married but wanted to spin some sort of magical, romantic story while at the same time dismissing her public wedding ceremony as just a bit of theatrics. Another reason she is a victim. If anyone calls her out on it she can claim she misspoke, that legally she knew it wasn't an actual, legal marriage ceremony but to her it was. The story was all about generating sympathy and attention for the poor little rich girl, trapped in a golden prison.

Its an incorrect statement by her but one she can easily retcon if needed. Its very typical of her vague, ephemeral statements all geared towards showing her as the poor put upon, innocent victim. Its plain to see the game she and Harry are playing. Sure Harry in a recent interview claimed that Merkle never accused the RF of racism. Its simply wordplay, she promoted that story to Oprah who ran with it. Merkle didnt actually say the words but did everything but say the words to make it crystal clear.

There was no victim really in that story, well maybe the priestyman because he had to clarify it was not a marriage ceremony. As others well know, establishing that Merkle is this loose and wooly with the truth muddies the waters of everything else she said in that interview. Where that becomes serious is the racism allegations. Again, a vague, woolly bit of mud slinging. She left it open to interpretation as to what was said, who said it etc and yet it had the effect she wants. Same with her hints that the titles for her children were being withheld because racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

If they considered it their 'real wedding' they can call it what they like, she made no claim that there was any legality to it, her only crime is maybe a bad choice of word.

It's safe to assume most people know you can't get legally married with only 3 people present.

• Advertisement

Sticking with the she exchanged vows in front of a bishop and called it marriage, therefore she is evil.

It would be actually refreshing if people came out and said exactly why they hate her, instead of hiding behind this utter tosh.

Brave too. Not going happen though.

Maybe it was a slip of the tongue, nerves, trying to describe it in a guise people could relate to... varies reasons that don't have to be a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Once again, I don't hate her, nor do I think she is actually evil. But what she said wasn't true, by any definition of the word. And this isn't an isolated example of same - an isolated example would make me think that she could probably have been nervous, or it was a slip of the tongue, or whatever - giving her the benefit of the doubt. But it's endemic with her.

So, why not read again what she actually said in the Winfrey interview. It's plainly not true. She talks endlessly about "her truth". It's simply not the truth - you know, the one that's in the real world based on facts ,not some makey-uppey parallel universe inhabited only by "victims".

Talk about defending the indefensible!

They never actually thought the Oprah interview through fully. Ignoring that between them they couldn't even agree on or provide a proper context on a pre-recorded interview, they were going to go on it and say that a senior royal made a racist comment about their son, that there was a general anti-Meghan sentiment in the palace predicated on institutional racism to the point that they would be indifferent to her topping herself. A major f*ck you for not giving them what they wanted (half in and half out) and a coup for Oprah in broadcasting that. They would be able to cover themselves by magnanimously refusing to name the person who said it as this would destroy/cancel them. The suspicion was supposed to fall on all of them collectively. However, when it broadcast, they forgot that anyone vaguely familiar with the royal family would deduce that a "senior royal" making a "racist" remark must surely be Philip who had a history of saying stupid things. It was chalked up as yet another crass and racist remark by someone with a racist reputation. Saying a racist said something racist (again) completely neutered their actual intent. You want to cancel the 99 year old racist idiot who was ill in hospital and soon to kick the bucket? G'luck with that.

Given the contents of Spare then obviously the targets were Charles, Camilla and William. The proof that there was maliciousness at play was them clarifying via Gayle King on CBS that it wasn't the Queen or Philip. That was their mistake and it back fired on them. If you can say who it wasn't then, consequently, say who it was. Sh*t or get off the pot, have the courage of your convictions. Oh but then the clap back was that they'd get sued? Well ask Oprah or Tyler Perry for a loan then to cover legal costs. Organise a go fund me and get those in the Commonwealth to donate because their head of states institution is racist to the core. Be proactive. Go all in.

That among the rest of the logical fallacies lost them the support of anyone neutral. There was no need for them to do the Oprah interview and as such it was all self-inflicted. There was, for example, no Boards thread until that interview. No one could care less about two royals going overseas. If they got what they wanted (the freedom to do collabs/merching, full time security, access to premiere royal events etc.) then the implied bravery of them outing a bunch of racists simply wouldn't have occurred at all. In the end, per the Tom Bower book, the racist (or unconscious bias) comment was Camilla joking with Harry wondering if their child would have a ginger afro. I mean, first she turned his old bedroom into a dressing room and now that. Freedom flight ahoy!

It can't be that safe to assume at all when the archbishop himself had to clarify as he couldn't have officiated at their wedding (the actual one, the public spectacle) had he known they were actually married already.

My man! High five!

Who said the word evil?

Im going to go ahead and assume you mean me when you say people. I never said I hate her. I called her a master manipulator and as an armchair psychologist, I do think she displays clear narcissistic tendencies. I do think she is highly manipulative, selfish, a massive hypocrite and an attention seeker.

Why do you think "people" are hiding their "real" reasons for hating (again your choice of word) someone? Can you not accept what Im saying and the reasons I say them?

This example with the 3 days prior marriage is just that, an example, from an interview choc full of examples. As you well know. Those other examples of her manipulation of the truth are far more serious of course. The example of when the ceremony took place is harmless but does illustrate nicely her manipulation.

As Im blue in the face from stating, my interest in this is from having dealt with similar individuals in my immediate family. Its very interesting to see something similar played out in public.

And just to add, if Im wrong about H&M then Im wrong Ill accept that without fuss. I'm not that invested. But this thread is entertaining. The gaslighting and love of H&M from you is if nothing if not inventive. Its always fun to see what crazy spins you put on things. Keep it up!

A few other lies, or "Meghan's truth" if you prefer:

- only child

- poor childhood, had to work to support herself despite her father paying for private education

- didn't Google Harry or his family, was only vaguely aware of them despite being a fan of Diana and taking a picture of herself out (I think) Buckingham Palace

- wanting to work with grassroots media organisations and ignore the big boys

- the racist that wasn't a racist and the conversation that apparently only took place once before they were married but always a few times when they were married and she was pregnant with Archie

- neither of them being able to figure out how to call for help when she was suicidal, despite Harry having been in therapy before and working with mental health charities

That's off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more.

Nah, not buying it.

As an aside isn't amazing the amount of people on the internet who diagnose successful famous women with narcissism, rarely gets levelled at men.

I always found that interesting. I must look into actually.

Yeah because nobody has accused say Donald Trump or Kanye West of narcissism. Yeah man you got it. Ignore everything I actually said, the real reason for disliking Markle is that she is a woman! I'm a damn dirty RF loving, misogynist, caught rapid!

• Advertisement

Yeah because nobody has accused say Donald Trump or Kanye West of narcissism

rarely gets levelled at men

Rarely not never, although I don't think anyone levelled that at Kanye. I have heard unhinged. Which would be accurate.

the real reason for disliking Markle is that she is a woman! I'm a damn dirty misogynist, caught rapid!

Your words, not mine.

I merely made an observation, which I tend to research.

Advertisement