Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking 365 - Possible to export transactions to excel or CSV?

Options
  • 09-01-2016 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Banking 365 is looking increasing stone age.  It's no exaggeration to say that online banking I was using from other banks 10 years ago is better than the BOI offering today.

It's gotten to the stage where I'm seriously considering changing my bank because internet banking is 95% of transactions with the bank - and 365 online is a dreadful piece of ****

So, is it possible to export transaction data from a credit card bill to work on in Excel?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi SourKraut,

Thanks for your post.

Although this option is available on current accounts, it’s not currently available on credit card statements.

You may be able to copy and paste transaction history from your credit card, into Excel although you may need to turn off eStatements and manipulate the details as they will not automatically format.

We’ll pass on your feedback,

Thanks

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dapony

Hi Janette,

It is not possible to copy and paste from the eStatements as they are locked PDFs. Also since mid January it is not possible to turn off eStatements. The are just 2 options available "eStatements" or "paper & eStatements".

I am using an online accounting package and the feed from the credit card stopped working on or around January 20th. Spoke with a very helpful lady in 365 support who said the csv export (which was facilitating the feed) was no longer available. A few customers have complained and it is being passed on to developers.

The feed from current account still works, but credit card is not.

Hopefully this will revert back to how it was soon. As the prospect of manually having to type each cc transaction into my accounts package is such a retro step.

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi dapony

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today.

Just to mention, at the time of Janette's post, the information regarding changing from statements was available. As you correctly mentioned, this has since changed.

Janette also mentions using copy and paste but from transaction history and not from eStatement PDF's.

We'll certainly send on your suggestion to our Online Development Team and we really appreciate the time taken to send us your feedback today.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 9 vincent_os

Hi Folks,

Just sat down to do my accounts and noticed the CC export functionality no longer is available...
    Like the last poster I too am facing into an evening of mind numbing data transcription from the PDF statements to my XL spreadsheet... 
    +1 vote for reinstating this feature.

Regards,
    Vincent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

vincent_os wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Just sat down to do my accounts and noticed the CC export functionality no longer is available...
    Like the last poster I too am facing into an evening of mind numbing data transcription from the PDF statements to my XL spreadsheet... 
    +1 vote for reinstating this feature.

Regards,
    Vincent.
    Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your post here. 

We appreciate your feedback and comments on this export facility and we will certainly forward this on to our Development team.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 zarker

Hi BoI representative,

I too am disappointed that it's not possible to export my credit card transaction history to Excel or CSV. Do you know if this option will be available any time soon?

I am considering switching to another bank for this reason alone. It's rather disappointing that this feature isn't available in this day and age.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

zarker wrote: »
    Hi BoI representative,

I too am disappointed that it's not possible to export my credit card transaction history to Excel or CSV. Do you know if this option will be available any time soon?

I am considering switching to another bank for this reason alone. It's rather disappointing that this feature isn't available in this day and age.

Thanks.
    Hi zarter,

Thank you for contacting us here.

This option is now available on Card Care, this is a facility where you are now able to register and view your credit card details online. See here for more information on Card care.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dools.com

In a Current Account you can scroll to the bottom of your online transaction list and select "Export Transaction History". This downloads only the last 60 or so transactions. Is there any way to export details from further back? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Dools.com, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to Boards.ie

If you need to access transactions prior to this you can view these through your eStatements. These are available in PDF format but there's no option to export the transactions directly from your eStatement.

To view your eStatements, simply log into 365 online and follow these steps:

- Click Statements on the left hand menu
    - Click Statements and Documents
    - Choose the account whose statements you want to see
    - Choose your statement from the list

Hope this helps, please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks, Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cgifts

Hi,

Where is the option to export the credit card transactions from my business account to csv format?

It seems ridiculous that a business cannot export it's own transactions to a very standard format for use in it's accounting set-up. 
    Surely Bank of Ireland don't expect their business customers to manually enter every credit card entry (which can run into the hundreds) into their own specific accounting system when the customer should easily have the facility to export the transactions in bulk. 

I see it is mentioned that you could use CardCare but this is only for personal accounts.

Is there a way that businesses can pay for the privilege of this facility?

It seems that the development team were notified of this difficulty and customer request in Feb 2016 - can you please provide an update.

Viewing transactions as an eStatement allows is not practical when you need to complete you end of year accounts as you need a complete list of transactions in a format you can use when trying to run a business - very poor service from a bank supporting businesses

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

cgifts wrote: »
    Hi,

Where is the option to export the credit card transactions from my business account to csv format?

It seems ridiculous that a business cannot export it's own transactions to a very standard format for use in it's accounting set-up. 
    Surely Bank of Ireland don't expect their business customers to manually enter every credit card entry (which can run into the hundreds) into their own specific accounting system when the customer should easily have the facility to export the transactions in bulk. 

I see it is mentioned that you could use CardCare but this is only for personal accounts.

Is there a way that businesses can pay for the privilege of this facility?

It seems that the development team were notified of this difficulty and customer request in Feb 2016 - can you please provide an update.

Viewing transactions as an eStatement allows is not practical when you need to complete you end of year accounts as you need a complete list of transactions in a format you can use when trying to run a business - very poor service from a bank supporting businesses

Hi cgifts,

Thanks for getting in contacting us here on Boards.
    Can I ask if you're using 365 online or Business online?
    If you're using 365 online once the credit card is added for viewing to your profile there should be an option to export the transactions from the credit card through the "Statements" section of your 365 profile.

Thanks again for your message.
    Darren.

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your reply - however that option is not available to me or I cannot find it easily :
    Here attached are screenshots of what I see in the statements section (both the 'Recent Transactions' and 'Statements and Document' tabs - 

please let me know specifically where the export function is to be found

cgifts wrote: »
    Hi Darren,

Thanks for your reply - however that option is not available to me or I cannot find it easily :
    Here attached are screenshots of what I see in the statements section (both the 'Recent Transactions' and 'Statements and Document' tabs - 

please let me know specifically where the export function is to be found

I'm very sorry cgifts, but I've just checked there and this option is only available for current accounts within 365 online.
    We would only have the facility to produce the pdf's that you would see in the "Statements and documents" page for a credit card through 365. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Thanks,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

Just came here to say exactly what every other poster has said.  With a 100% customer vote in favour of being able to export beyond the last few weeks of transactions, isn't it sort of obvious what needs to be done?  Is there any reason for blocking it?

Thanks.

LnM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Just came here to say exactly what every other poster has said.  With a 100% customer vote in favour of being able to export beyond the last few weeks of transactions, isn't it sort of obvious what needs to be done?  Is there any reason for blocking it?

Thanks.

LnM
    Hi Love nor Money,

Thanks for posting here on Boards.

We'll certainly pass on your feedback in relation to this. We've no further update on this at the moment.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again, Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Any progress on this? I can't easily do reconciliations using a locked PDF statement from my credit card account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi dudara,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

As it's a official document it wouldn't be possible to make any adjustments to it however you can export your recent transactions on the account.

Thanks again.

Kareana  

Hi,

One year on I'll ask the same question - when will Bank of Ireland begin to provide support for businesses who require their own credit card transactions in a format other than locked PDF. Again I have to go through the same mind-numbing task of manually entering transactions because my "business supporting" bank cannot implement a system where their customers who pay a significant fee cannot export their credit card transactions to a standard format - very poor service.

It's mentioned above that you can export your recent transaction, sorry not true for business accounts. (Would love to be proven wrong though). 
    This has been passed to the development team so many times it would probably have been quicker to implement the feature than go through the number of requests asking for the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi cgifts,

Thanks for your post.

Please be assured we do pass on all feedback and suggestions received here. We are currently working on our systems and as updates on what services and features will be available or any changes to our existing services will be shared here as soon as we receive them.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

Hi cgifts,

Thanks for your post.

Please be assured we do pass on all feedback and suggestions received here. We are currently working on our systems and as updates on what services and features will be available or any changes to our existing services will be shared here as soon as we receive them.

Thanks
    Tara
    With all due respect, the "reps" here only type the standard "We'll certainly pass on all feedback.... " line which I find disrespectful at best. 

It's very simple to produce an export to csv facility given the facility is there for pdf..  It makes no sense not to make it available to people trying to manage their budgets be they business or personal. 

Any hope of genuine reason as to why its not available ? 

• Advertisement

Hi cgifts,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks
    Tara
    With all due respect, the "reps" here only type the standard "We'll certainly pass on all feedback.... " line which I find disrespectful at best. 

It's very simple to produce an export to csv facility given the facility is there for pdf..  It makes no sense not to make it available to people trying to manage their budgets be they business or personal. 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here BrianBoru00.
    We wouldn't be able to discuss this business sensitive information through Boards. Please be assured that if there is any change on this in the future we'll be sure to let everyone know here.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

Hi cgifts,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks
    Tara

Thanks for getting in touch with us here BrianBoru00.
    We wouldn't be able to discuss this business sensitive information through Boards. Please be assured that if there is any change on this in the future we'll be sure to let everyone know here.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Business sensitive??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mizzcoors

Hi ,

Just wondering if this issue was ever resolved , can you now export to excel or csv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

mizzcoors wrote: »
    Hi ,

Just wondering if this issue was ever resolved , can you now export to excel or csv?
    Hi there mizzcoors, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

You can export your recent transactions to excel. 

This function would not be available on processed transactions that appear on your statements. These full statements would be available in PDF format. 

If there are any updates to this, our customers will be made aware. 

Thanks, Aisling. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Gooser14

mizzcoors wrote: »
    Hi ,

Hi there mizzcoors, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

You can export your recent transactions to excel. 

This function would not be available on processed transactions that appear on your statements. These full statements would be available in PDF format. 

If there are any updates to this, our customers will be made aware. 

Thanks, Aisling. 
    You can in fact download the last 12 months of current and savings account transactions (subject to a limit of 999 lines) to a csv file from within 365 online.  To do this, go to:

Recent Transactions > Advanced > From Date > To Date > Show (select All or other search criteria) and press Go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Thanks.

LnM
    Hi LnM, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards and for sharing your feedback. 

All of our customers feedback is important to us and I will certainly pass yours on. At this time, there has been no updates in relation to this. Our customers will be made aware of any upcoming changes/amendments to our online banking service. 

Thanks, Aisling. 

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭mct1

Hello, is it possible in 2023 to export a Business Online or Business 365 credit card statement to a .csv file? Ulsterbank made this very simple, and I can do it with current account statements but not the credit card.

I've been passed around to six different business customer care agents and none of them were able to answer this question. So is it possible or not please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi, thanks for checking in with us.

I'm afraid we do not have the facility on BOI365 /BOL to export credit card transactions.

Many thanks, Alison

Advertisement