Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Iam just going to come out and say it, I hate Jordan Poole, he might have talent but he is way over rated and way over paid, he annoys most of the core team and it takes a lot to annoy Curry. He is young which is fair but I want to trade him next year, he just annoys me, problem is that we wnt get value back.

Halfway throughBucks game and he may have a grey game but most likely will have a dumb turnover if it comes down to the wire.

FYI, I am a little drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

With six minutes left it looked like the Bucks were getting on top, great finish from the Warriors.

Was just looking at stats, in close games, three points or less, the Bucks are 6-1, Sixers are 9-5 and Celtics are 4-5.

That's a concern for Boston because you'll have a lot of close games in the postseason.

In the West it's a lot different, Nuggets are 6-5, Kings are 8-7 and every other team in the top six have losing records.

Celtics making a mess of it tonight against the Rockets. Nine points down with five to play in the fourth. They are leaving three point shooters wide open all over the place.

Rockets are over 60% from three point range.

Edit: Jaylen Brown missed a last minute jumper to bring it to overtime. He had a great game though. A disgraceful performance by everybody else.

Post edited by eagle eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

You may have been drunk but you're spot on in the analysis. Poole takes a lot of bad shots, and makes a lot of bad plays. It's the danger of recency bias and fear creeping in to a contract year - he had a good season last year and based on the previously mentioned factors and his age (and the assumption he'd improve accordingly) they way overpaid him for fear of losing him to someone else. Now look at it, a mess - you'll struggle to move him though as too many years left on the contract. Guys with contracts like that only get moved when they're expiring. You can see the frustration on Kerr's and the player's faces when he f's up.

Will be an interesting GS summer. I can't see them advancing very far and then Draymond I feel will walk as you can't pay him for what he gives anymore............

How Boston can lose to a tanking Rockets is just beyond me. Shocking performance. Absolutely shocking.

1 seed almost certainly gone now and I feel their chances were dependent on having that.

• Advertisement

I’ve just seen a clip of Perkins calling out JJ Reddick saying “‘my a see you tomorrow with your little Elvis Presley lookin’ ass”. And that Elvis comment is not complimentary.

Now again, imagine if JJ said the same about Perkins and using a different black figure in that? Fired instantly.

Keep talking about him, spreading his name. See where that gets him, more money is my guess.

have you any actual opinion on what he has said or not?

I don't listen to him. If he's on a game I turn it off. I don't talk about people who I don't want on TV.

If you look back through my posts you'll see that his name has never been in any of my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

I really like JJ on his own podcast and his Youtube stuff is excellent, especially the short segments where he breaks down plays and brings in his own experiences. His latest interview with Lillard was really good too and he speaks a lot about the media surrounding the NBA and basically the bulls*it they peddle, which makes it all the more disappointing that he joined First Take despite him challenging Perkins on there.

But I suppose a pay day is a pay day.

• Advertisement

An awful loss for the Lakers against the Rockets after an impressive win against the Pelicans. Although AD was out, they should really have had enough to beat them but they allowed the entire team to have a field day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Yea, I’ve been saying it from the start, just didn’t see it, yea, talent is there but I never got the obsession and people thinking he could take over from Curry, that’s a huge insult to Curry, do people not remember what Curry has achieved and how he continues to be great, the man changed the game, he is an amazing teammate and by all accounts an amazing person, I was pretty in love with him a few years ago…lol

Poole put up great numbers and played well but I often found it was during blowouts and was often found wanting when it mattered. I think Warriors panicked after the Draymond incident, Iam not saying he is trash and I know he is young but not a player to lead this team down the road in my opinion.

Feel for Curry now, he hasn’t got the support he thought he would off the young guys, if only there was a bit more help. Hopefully Wiggins comes back but Iam not counting on it and family comes first, also Gary Payton will help a lot.

Not counting us out yet, West is wide open for me, look At Sacramento….wtf..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lonzo's latest knee surgery is likely to have him miss the entire 2023/24 season.

I hope I’m wrong, but he’s toast

Yup. And when you look at all the whining LeBron does when he feels he isn’t getting everything he wants re. support/teammates etc it really shows the difference between the character of the two. Curry is an amazing teammate, he’s always supportive and never makes it all about him or disses his teammates. No-one ever says that about LeBron.

The procedure he's supposedly going to have (a cartilage transplant) is very invasive, I'm not suprised he'll be out for the whole of next season. I honestly just hope he can play again as this could be career-ending.

Even if he gets back he'll never be the same again unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, knee problems can be life long but that sounds rough altogether.

Celtics, having had the best record in the league got 98% of the season, are now 3rd in their conference. Really picked a good time to slump. They’re playing horribly, can’t see a championship in this team this year unless Robert Williams is 100% and plays every game.

Haven't been keeping an eye on Boston, but whats the main reason behind the slump?

Even Bill Simmons sounds unusually deflated on their prospects.

• Advertisement

It's not one thing, seems to be the cumulative effect of many. Injuries taking toll, particularly Rob Williams, but many other players with issues too/ Smart not playing as well as last year. The rumour mill is in overdrive again about the Udoka thing and more allegations apparently to come out, and "other" problems behind the scene - which is worrying. I said it at the time that the Udoka thing would hit them mentally at some stage, and it seems it's doing it at the worst time of the season. There's also the problem of Brown's contract if he doesn't make an All NBA Team. If he does, he quailifies for a SuperMax. If he doesn't he'll be underpaid and will possibly/likely walk as other teams can pay him a lot more than the Celtics. It's alla mess really. They're losing to tanking teams consistently now. Really hard to be positive about things Celtics wise at the moment.

Wah wah try being a Bulls fan 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

We're back in the play in baby! If we get through that who knows, we might get lucky and end up playing the Celtics!

It's an absolute yoyo how we drop in and out of the play in picture. I know we don't stand much change in the playoffs but we have pulled out some big wins against the top seeded and would just be crap if we had to wait till next season for a chance at the playoffs.

I don't think we're gonna to be better next year! We were built to win now and it's not happening. Lonzo looks, sadly, like he could be done. I think a play in win at this stage would be the height of my expectations and I've recalibrated so that I feel like that would be cool. A long way from the start of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lonzo, Lavine, DeRozan, anyone, Vucevic woulda been pretty fierce but with Lonzo's knee blowing out its ruined this roster.

Add Caruso to that lineup and yes they should be great.

If Rob Williams could stay healthy he'd be defensive MVP at least once.

I'm watching them play the Pacers and you've got Tatum, Brown, White all playing great but the guy I love watching the most is Rob Williams, he's just an incredible defender. I've never seen anyone quite like him.

Bulls actually playing good against the Lakers, Bron hurts his eyebrow and the refs have Vuc 2 techs back to back and ejected from the game. The refs are ruining the NBA, this whole 'don't show emotion' is such a bad state for NBA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Will be waiting a while for your team to shoot like that again. Just one of those days where everything goes in

Advertisement