Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Evade

Personally I would only blame the guilty ones who groom children into thinking they're trans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭AllForIt

• Registered Users Posts: 33,334 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Fruit-juice drinkers on the other hand....? Yeah, **** them!

Combining the two is fine - and frequently done - as long as find the dogging spots first.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Tell me - and this is a serious question - do they hand out condoms and dildos in regular sex education classes?

• Advertisement

No but in irregular sex education classes they do.

And what, exactly, is an 'irregular sex education class'...?, or is this something than only exists in your head?

While we're here: do you think that homosexual teenagers have the same right to a relevant and equal sex eduation as heterosexual teenagers, yes or no?

Post edited by Princess Consuela Bananahammock on

• Some posts deleted. Stay civil or stay out of the thread.

And what, exactly, is an 'irregular sex education class'...?, or is this something than only exists in your head?

I thought I gave you example of that already, unless it's all in my head and the tweet with the undercover recording doesn't exist.

While we're here: do you think that homosexual teenagers have the same right to a relevant and equal sex education as heterosexual teenagers, yes or no?

Apart from mentioning that some people are same sex attracted I don't know what else there is to teach so basically the sex edu is the same for everyone anyway. I didn't get any gay sex edu and as it turns out I'm really good at it without having had any lessons.

So sex ed should basically be that sone people are attracted to the same gender and some people are attracted to the other, class over and no one gets free sex toys, right?

Bit simplistic, but I don't think you have anything to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I think you might need to go back and re-read the original comment I made #10932. It was a reply to:  

"if every one of us knows the answer, what's the point in asking the question?"

Because I didn't even mention trans debate or anything trans related until after you bundled me with two other members by multi qoute, stated that the question is a unquestionably a troll, and rule out all other possibilities like the asker being interested in differing definitions or a debate, and then call me naive if I thought as much. Which is a pretty aggressive 'agree with me or you're stupid or intentionally trolling' callout.

In my second reply I said the words 'transphobe weapon' not you, but you know that. I was being honest about what I was inferring from your posts and I was a little snarky considering you had completely ignored my question to you, and just absolutely refuse to budge or debate in a way that isn't offensive. You say here that I'm not getting it right but... we are going to have to agree to disagree.

You've given so many replies over the last few pages that you have to forgive me for thinking you consider the question "what is a woman" an aggressive tool. Just to pick one:

"having a debate about trans and asking 'what is a woman?' is basically saying 'I'm against this trans bullshit - prove me wrong!' and hoping someone acts aggressively, thus making him look like the rational one.

It's trolling and no one bit."

You hammer home the point again at the end of this newest reply. That "If you're asking "what is a woman?" you do not want a debate" and... I disagree. Heck even in the original video, the first answer given was "A woman is anyone who identifies as one", There you go. Theres an answer, a debatable answer.

And I stand by that for reasons stated. If the guy wants a debate, the correct course of action, as I stated is to make a statement: how can you debate a point with someone before they actually make the point...?

(Also - apologies for the multi-quoting: if helps me keep track of what I'm saying when there are multiple people replying)

Post edited by Princess Consuela Bananahammock on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Right so, I think I have this...

I believe a woman is a human being born with a vagina and develops breasts around puberty. What that human then decides which sexual preference she will be is irrelevant. I believe that changing that simple definition, and it is simple, erodes the hard work and sacrifice women (as per my definition) have had to put in just to be recognised. I believe that anyone can identify as whatever they want, but a woman is what I described.

Some people have a completely different definition of a woman, and without knowing their definition, any debate is already doomed imo. I take the question "What is a woman" as just that, a question, nothing more. It's the conversation following the reply that will define if that person is a troll or not. Simply jumping straight to that conclusion is just as bad as people who do use it as a loaded question.

I'm all for anyone being whoever or whatever they want to be. Go for gold, our paths will nearly guaranteed not cross, because I'm un-social now. The whole thing really doesn't affect me, and I genuinely couldn't care less about it, just like everyone involved genuinely couldn't care less about me, let's not start pretending humans care about EVERY complete stranger. So my next question is not coming from hatred, or anything like that. It's like the above, just (a) question(s).

Is it not wrong to be telling people that they are x gender, when they just can't biologically be? Is that not more dangerous? Because some day, imo, that realisation will hit again. Should we not instead be promoting trans as trans, be proud of it, own it, because it is something you can be. But you'll never be a wo/man as per my definition. I can't accept that, because it's just not true to me. I'm not saying that as an attempt to defeat or demean or any other words that paint me as a troll/phobe/etc. I just think it's dangerous to let people believe they are something they can't, in my and I reckon many peoples opinions, be. It's like telling 5'6" me to just believe I'm 6'2" and people will just accept it. Sorry, but no. I'd rather people helped/told me how to be a confident 5'6".

I was kind of annoyed at a whole narrative being extrapolated from one small clip so I watched some of the podcast leading up to it. They were discussing a previous guest's opinion that a man having sex with a trans woman is a gay act. Then on a scale of how gay is it for a man to have sex with a feminine presenting transwoman compared to a very butch woman. Two of the guests said "but they're both women" leading to the need for clarification. It wasn't a gotcha ambush it was a need for clarification in an ongoing conversation. For the record all but one of the guests have links to their instagram in the description, and the outlier is a link to tiktok.

It starts around here if anyone's curious

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GqatmO-I7tY&t=12960s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

That's a very interesting question. Is a man having sex with a feminine presenting trans woman, a gay act?

I say no. Does that make me woke? Or a perve? Interesting question @Evade

The old definition of gay is homosexual and sex is biological so on that strict definition it would be. But I think it was Blair White that had and interesting quip about that, it was something like "(a man) having sex with a transwoman isn't gay, but it's not exactly straight either" which is kind of how I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I understand what you’re saying and honestly the main thing I took from the op was how a simple biology question has become a complicated ideological hot potato in such a short amount of time. It’s definitely interesting.

I’m conflicted on whether changing the actual definitions of ‘man’ and ‘woman’ is the correct choice, but it also is just kind of happening. Cambridge updated the definition about 3 months back.

It’s also happening without proper discussion because it gets shut down so quickly (by both sides) so neither side really gets heard, and those in the middle are left wondering why everyone’s lost their minds.

You can’t question it or debate it because you’ll be either labeled an outdated bigot or a delusional SJW by people who don’t want a debate or to explore the issue, they want to fight and prove the other side wrong.

I mean, “does the definition of woman need to change for trans acceptance?“ is a pretty interesting question and in context isn’t a million miles from “what is a woman” but again, I can agree to disagree and see where your coming from.

(Oh and Apology accepted 👍👍 I also apologise for being overly snarky in my second reply)

I'd agree with most of what you say, but again it depends on what the specific argument is.

I mean, you can't simply say 'it's a a trans debate' - because well: what are you debating? The idea that transpoeple do or do not exist? A biological woman/man is always a woman/man no matter what? Or a specific trans-issue? In which case, asking 'what is a woman?' doesn't clarfiy this.

https://www.con-telegraph.ie/2023/03/15/unique-st-patricks-day-parade-in-store-for-castlebar/

HISTORY will be made in Castlebar this coming Friday as Mayo’s county town will host the first ever sensory friendly parade.

Chapel Street will be a noise-free zone for the parade to ensure that those on the autism spectrum will enjoy the event without stress or discomfort.

Unfortunately the noise of torrential rain beating down on umbrellas is going to spoil everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think the sentiment is very positive but I'm not sure how it can be effectively controlled as noise travels. It will be impossible to ensure all babies and young children in other areas are quiet, but maybe I'm overthinking it.

You can get earmuffs and kid-headphones very easily these days to reduce the sensory overload and deal with it on a personal level.

Anyway, it's Castlebar. What's the parade going to do them that living with the Burkes hasn't? They'e immune.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The point isn't the specific issue of autism, it's the recent trend is themes for Saint Patrick's Day. Last year the theme was diversity and inclusion. As I said before on this the theme for St Patrick's Day is St Patrick's day. Does every day of the year have to be some kind of awareness day.

I see them all the time on kids at loud indoor sports events and arenas. Some of them even rent them out on the door.

Example:

https://letsgowiththechildren.co.uk/places-to-go/the-sse-arena/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

They can do a Pride St. Patrick's Day Sensory awareness parade. Have pride people body painted green dancing on silent music. I would 100% hit that.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭rightmove

did we not have this already for 2 years of covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭sekiro

I think if you view gender as a spectrum and also have a wide range of ways to categorize sexuality it brings up a whole range of interesting questions.

Unfortunately many people do not want to answer these questions and just want to have their worldview accepted and validated without question.

What if two men meet up and agree before hand that one of them will identify as a woman ONLY during sex? This would be fine under the principle of gender fluidity. Therefore the sex would not be homosexual by definition. However, how could you guarantee the authenticity of the woman's claim that she is only a woman during the sex but he is a man at all other times?

You could then start asking "what is a man" or "what is a woman" to kind of tease out some kind of sense to the situation but for many people these are almost like banned questions.

If a man has sex with a feminine presenting trans-woman how exactly do those people know that they even are these things? Would there be a violation of consent, in your example, if one partner is externally presenting as a specific gender while secretly holding an internal belief that they are another gender?

I suppose it's why questions like this come up on these podcasts etc because people see these kind of obvious gray areas and it seems like it's so controversial to talk about them.

I wonder what do people in the "L" and "G" parts of the community make of all this? It seems like the line between being considered accepting and inclusive or being considered an irredeemable bigot is actually quite thin. A lesbian might say "I only sleep with women regardless of their past identities" and that's OK but another lesbian might say "I only sleep with women who have always been women" and that's seen as some bigoted point of view by some.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

The prototype is said to be a better fit for female space travellers.

When Nasa announced that humanity would return to the moon after more than five decades, they promised to send the first woman and person of colour to the lunar surface.

Well thank god for that !!!

I remember "coloured" was termed racist as it was reducing someone to define them by their skin colour - but seems "person of colour" is just fine... utterly bizarre really...

Again shouldn't they be sending the best astronauts regardless of gender, race, sexuality etc ??

I think we need a red head on the moon, there has never been a red headed Irish lad up there, let's get it done people!!!

MLK would be turning in his grave.

• Advertisement

• I just have to ask.. when you say “what that human decides their sexual preference to be”.. are you referring to gender or orientation?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement