Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobpath Extended For Another Four Years?

• 04-04-2022 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

I was looking at the Jobpath Experience Turas Nua and Seetec Facebook page. Apparently the government are closing all the local employment service centres. Seetec/Turas Nuas contract seems to be expiring in June. There will then be a bid, to win the jobpath contract for the next four years.

One of the companies rumored to be interested in the contract, is an american company who seem to have a brutal way of doing things in the USA. It seems despite the overwhelming urge to end the jobpath program, the government are ploughing on with it regardless!

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 abe1o1o

Yes I believe they are called maximus according to this article https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/big-us-government-contractor-considering-expansion-to-ireland-1.4782720 In reality I never expected the Govt. to get rid of seetec , at best perhaps rename/rebrand it as Job Road or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

My dealings with Seetec have overall been positive. Not everyone has been as lucky though. I never thought i'd say this, but hopefully Seetec/Turas Nua hold on to the current jobpath contract. They aren't perfect for sure, but better with the devil you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,028 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I don't believe Jobspath has or will be extended, it's been an expensive shambles with poor results. It has in essence been wound down over the past two years with most seetac and Turas Nua offices closed with a handful of staff retained and working from home. There is very vocal political opposition to it.

The contracting out of local employment services is a seperate matter and its true funding is being stopped.

Pathways to work is the new concept and it appears DEASP staff are back doing the work that was contracted out to Seetac and Turas Nua.

Real unemployment is historically low and it would be bizzare to spend 100"s of millions of euro in jobs creation programms that could be easily managed by the department and funding direct measures rather than essentially employing private companies to achieve little.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I notice that if you google search a few Seetec centres around the country, some of are listed as temporarily closed.

They are permanently closed, I've spoken to a few people that were re reffered to Turas Nua last year, it was a farce, an individual sitting in their kitchen in their homes, calling people occasionally to essentially pass the time. There's not I believe been a face face interaction with a staff member of both of these companies for almost two years and most of the staff let go (the Irony of it) , absolutely staggering it was tolerated.

• Advertisement

From their website it looks like they were given another 5 years as of November 2022 https://seetec.ie/seetec-awarded-new-national-employment-services-contracts/

No, Jobspath has ended this is connected to the new Pathways to work scheme, likely to be another expensive shambles

I get the impression that it's just the same thing under a different branding.

Looks like it alright, funny thing is I thought the pathways to work scheme was going to be run by the department, looks like the company is here to stay!

Does this news mean that all local employment services (LES/Obair) have been terminated now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

Not sure if its jobpath or not but seems like they are continuing with the PPP stuff anyway https://seetec.ie/laes/

I googled "is Local Employment Services gone ?" and this is the first thing that came up It is with much regret that South Dublin County Partnership's Local Employment Service (LES) and Job Clubs will cease operation on 31 August 2022. The closure of both services comes as the Department of Social Protection's (DSP) plan to set up a new Local Area Employment Service (LAES) in the near future.

and from the looks of the link included by Tedious Bore LAES is run by Seetec now. 😔

Yes pretty much but a greatest empgmhasis on courses, further education, CE schemes etc. Jobspath was all about Fees which were generated when a participant got a job, even if Seetac or Turas Nua assisted in getting that job. It was scandalous, astonishing waste of taxpayers money

Seetac have been engaged for pathways to work but only in some Areas. The Departments on Staff will also be running this from a number of larger Intero Centres.

Yes, local employment service contracts not being renewed. CE schemes continue.

Ah I see. On an aside note, I wonder why are some people put on activation programmes with DSP and others aren't? I know several people who haven't had to 'engage' with these programmes and others who are put through the various activation programmes. Doesn't make sense to only have some activated and others not?

It's a difficult one to answer, obviously there's an age profile or some recepients of long term Jobseekers payments may have already completed a job activation process. Some may be newly unemployed and it might be a few months before they are called in

But ultimately every person on a Jobseekers payment will be put on a jobs activation program at some stage

I wonder has Turas Nua got their contract extended for the Munster region?

My understanding is Turas Nua had no new contract but winding down or now finished completely, their website kind of says it all.

They had infact let most of their staff go, early in the Pandemic and literally had one or two people working from home, call people, essentially just to annoy them, it was extraordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭lmao10

• Advertisement

Months ago and many folks made redundant. This is old news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

Here in this town where the Turas nua Office was and has been empty since June last year has new Turas Nua Stickers and Intreo Stickers put on the windows this week. Where the office for Turas Nua was had stickers for the IT training company was before Turas Nua took over the office and there was no Turas Nua Stickers on the windows.

Its looking like Turas Nua may be back. I'll post a picture later when I return home.

Turas Nua have currently NO contract I'm aware of , their website is not even being managed & as explained, Jobspath has been wound down.

Seetac have been awarded a contract to partly manage the new Pathways to work program in areas were there is smaller Intero centres with less staff.

Turas Nua, may be running some courses under the Pathways to work program but I'm not aware of any. In reality, Turas Nua let most of their staff go, over 12 months ago, closed their offices and completed their Jobspath contract by way of handful of staff working from home, annoying people with silly phone calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭Damer

They must be back in action.. I received a letter to attend next week. Only on Jobseeker’s Allowance a couple of weeks

In what context out of curiosity, I'm assuming your referring to Turas Nua 🤔 they are not contracted under the Pathways to work scheme and as explained Jobspath ended completely. If its Seetac, they never went away and are being used for the new Pathways to work scheme in some areas.

Your length of time on JSA is irrelevant. Anyone on a Jobseeker payment can be contact within a matter of days once Jobseekers claim approved for Jobs activation.

Turas Nua and their website have essentially shut down so if your saying they are contacting you, this is rather Curious 🤔

Post edited by Dempo1 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

[never mind] The pictures I took are on my phone which now refuses to charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Silke007

I have being called for activation invitation meeting. But it says with intreo partner Local area employment services LAES. I thought Les were closed down. Meeting is not in the town of my intreo office. Instead in Les office in another town. I thought LES was shut down. Does anyone know what does this meeting entail.

Post edited by Silke007 on

It'll probably be about discussing what sort of employment you're looking for, and what kind of training courses you'd be interested in etc. The local employment services (LES) were supposed to have been closed down, with Intreo/Seetec taking over instead. How far away is the town where the meeting is being held from your hometown, because it's weird that the meeting isn't being held in your local Intreo office.

Post edited by Straight Talker on

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Silke007

Thank for your comments. It's really helpful. Meetings can be stressful. Just to know what it's about, it's good to know. Thanks for your advice. The LES office is over 10 miles away ftom intreo office. I thought LES were shut down, So I was surprised to hear they were still open.

• Advertisement

All LES are closed as contracts not renewed, it's likely the terminology on communications not updated ,the only thing left is CE schemes. Main intero centres are doing the activation meetings , smaller ones have contracted this function out to Seetac .

In essence the meeting is a get to know you, look at skill sets , abilities , experience etc ,they put a plan together which will include weekly checks, meetings to check on progress, there are also further education options. Also you may be required to log into mywelfare regularly so watch out for notifications.

With so few now unemployed, the DSP has the time to be more proactive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭Cactusmania

• Registered Users Posts: 4 walker92

Hi. I just received a letter from intreo to attend one of these activation meetings next week.

This is my second time but the first time was with turas nua during covid so it was over the phone. With turas nua I signed the ppp not knowing that I had a right not to sign it. I spent around 4 months receiving fortnightly phone calls from them which was the biggest waste of time, didn't help me in anyway at all. I eventually plucked up the courage to just ignore the phone calls when they were due and eventually they just stopped and my payments weren't stopped/reduced by SW.

I'm wondering is Intreo the same as turas nua and has anyone refused to sign the ppp with them?

Intero is the Department itself, depending on where you live, larger Intero offices (SW) do the activation measures themselves. This is pathways to work as Jobspath, long since ended.

You can of course not sign PPP but that may be deemed as you not engaging. Be prepared for weekly meetings & updates from you via mywelfare

• Registered Users Posts: 4 walker92

Thanks for your reply.

I'm dreading it tbh. I think because it's now meeting in person instead of over the phone they are gonna be a way more full on.

If its anything like turas nua it is useless. When I was dealing with them I sent the person I was dealing with a copy of my cv for her to make changes to and when I got it back it was like my 6yr old was after redoing it. She made a right state of it.

I hear you. The phone thing was primarily because of Covid. It would be quite Normal to meet directly with a Case officer (Intero) or Alledged Advisor " Seetac. In one sense it's better to deal with DSP staff directly, keep in mind there are also further education oppertunities.

• Advertisement
Advertisement