Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picard 3x04- 'No-Win Scenario' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭eadrom

I watched this again yesterday on Amazon Prime and while it was still pretty dark, it was a lot brighter than whatever "HD" copy I got on early Thursday morning. And it was much more enjoyable as a result.

I'll have to watch out for that in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Apparently there's some technical issue with Paramount + that's causing it to be extra dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Easily the best episode so far and the one that felt the most like TNG with the crew working together to overcome a problem. The holodeck/flashback scenes did feel like a cheap way to just reuse the 10 Forward bar set but on the other hand it gave Picard, Jack & Shaw some nice emotional development. I did enjoy the scene of Shaw demonstrating how to detect a changeling to Seven by apologising to her. It does feel odd to make the changelings the villains as they have no strong connection to Picard but we're still only 4 episodes into the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,346 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I say feck everything being a call back or some personal vendetta. The changeling story (assuming there is not another twist) is much better as it is a plausible and natural fit for the shows time period.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,512 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Whats with the Hirogen flashback, how does that make any sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

They're spread out over a good chunk of the galaxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,346 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

One of the cadets asked him how they even got that far so it was a shock in universe too.

Probably a transwarp conduit or a caretaker or a Q or a wormhole.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Well they did have a relay network that stretched from the Delta quadrant to the Alpha quadrant so probably a few Hirogen factions in the Alpha quadrant from before Janeway's time.

Watching that scene at first, I thought they had gotten Picard confused with Janeway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

And that network was ancient so it's not unreasonable to assume ships or hunting packs had spread further.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

What TV you got out of curiosity - It was actually perfectly viewable for me (Black Friday sale LG Oled Tv... in a darkened room), didn't notice it was dark at all.

However that image you posted was like me watching the last episode of "Obi-Wan" - couldn't make out a thing that was happening - at that time on my previous older Samsung LCD.

Maybe they forget to test these latest shows on different kinds of TVs...

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭eadrom

Was watching on a MacBook screen. Apparently there were issues with the brightness levels when it was first released on Disney+ and that's the copy I watched. I watched it again on Amazon Prime and it looked a lot better.

I think the issue on Disney+ has since been corrected too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Very enjoyable episode. Easily the best for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I know Picard gets a lot of flack on here but the last two episodes have been utterly brilliant (watched this last night). Some of the best Trek I've ever watched and I've watched 'em all.

Cannot wait to see what happens when the two boyo's get back to Starfleet. That scene in the bar with Captain Shaw recalling the Borg cube fight, my jaw was hanging open, wow just wow. And throwing that asteroid at the end, joy just joy, I was cheering them on!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Nice to see they still have Jameson in the 24th century.

Advertisement