Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Runway/Infrastructure.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Would a house that close to the runway have been offered a buyout?

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Looks too far away, zones with houses included in the buyout scheme were much closer.

The scheme closes this coming August too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭plodder

Yes, I think I know where that house is. Based on the maps on the ANCA website, it is also outside the noise insulation grant zones. From what I can see, those zones were drawn up without any consideration of the 30 degree turn. So, maybe they will be brought into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

What do these residents want? Someone else getting the noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭donkey balls

There was an article about the new RWY on the Journal last week some lad from Hollystown commented, That the old RWY 10R he could see the pilots and the MLG real clear when they are landing.

And that he works from home and has to have the windows closed due to the noise, What a load of B*ll*x my missis works from home and never has any issues.

The local park at night time is great if you're into taking pics of arriving aircraft as they line up to land,OK I'm used to the noise and after a while it's just background noise mates that use to stay with me while doing the MEIR in Weston couldn't believe how close my house is to arriving aircraft.

And after a while they got used to the noise, Some local councillor from the PBP brigade was on twitter crying about the new RWY even though it doesn't fly over our estate.Not sure if they were looking for the DAA to provide new windows etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭DublinKev

Late night ops on 28R last night and now for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

28L closed for maintenance between 11pm and 4.30am Tuesday to Friday this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Security processing times and clean toilets are probably the principal things for most passengers. However there's no mention of infrastructural capacity airside, even though this is a crucial area for Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭Karppi

Literally hygiene factors. The place used to be clean a few years ago, but when I last used it in Q4 2022, the toilets were appallingly bad.

And having a fifteen point plan is at least ten too many to get any focus on from the workforce - let alone the management team

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭davebuck

In all fairness at least 10 of the points are facilities base solutions whish can be completed by third parties without affecting the key security and hygiene core DAA staff, having passed through departures and arrivals both T1 +T2 last week its looking a lot better. I know its early days and not peak season yet but the prep works looks promising and more importantly the results are filtering through good so far.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

That explains why we got through T1 in less than 10 minutes just before 0900 on thursday last week, there were no queues at the entry scan or the actual scanners, it was a very welcome change, though I will be surprised if it is sustained, what will help will be when the liquids issue is no longer an issue, that alone will be a huge help in speeding up the process.

More seats around the place will definitely be an improvement, now if all the travellators out to the 100's worked, that would be a real help for older people like me.😁

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I find it interesting that the recommended arrival time is now two hours before – it was ninety minutes for years.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

I never remember that.

However no matter how fast it is they'd still like you to spend some time shopping and eating which is why the 2 hour reccomendation won't decrease.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

In Terminal 1 Security Lane 4.

The scanner is the new type, so if you get this lane you do not need to remove any liquids or laptops from bags.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Just came back from Faro, where they have them in use. Transforms the security process and reduces time spent. Worked like a dream. Good to know they're coming to DUB. (I think they already have them in SNN)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Shannon has these machines too - absolute god send.

A lot of airports seem to be getting them, I know here in WAS, both DCA & IAD have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

How much did those stupid graphic placards cost us?

Just get on with sorting the Airport Jacobs, instead of pi55ing down our backs and telling us its raining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Well everywhere will have to get them to meet upcoming security standards.

There is one in T2 as well in Dublin and talk of a rebuild of the fast track area so I'd expect thats where the next one will go

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Not really "behind the curve". They are still new, and it's not as if every other airport in Europe has them in place.

DAA already stated that they will be in place across both terminals by tge end of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I never remember 90 mins, it's been 2 hours for European flights for over 20 years now.

Jeepers, Shannon has them for a while. You’d think DUB would be leading the posse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭bikeman1

No matter what the latest technology is, the accountants will want to get use out of their assets that they have signed up to years ago and not finished their expected life use. It is far easier to replace a few in a smaller operation (like Shannon and Donegal) than the larger number in Dublin.

Heathrow T5 installed these now older machines when it was opened, and despite being a new terminal, may have them a lot later than we do in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Any info on when the operational hours for the North runway will be extended? It is now the Summer timetable and the new SIDs I believe are in operation, so what are they waiting for?

Getting that first wave out efficiently is important for the performance of the DUB based aircraft for the remainder of the day. I gave them leeway last year when opening up to build up the hours, but now they should up and running with the North runway in use from 07:00 per the current planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Noxegon

You're wrong I'm afraid. The guidance was most definitely 90 minutes as can be seen in this tweet from June 2019:

...and this one from July 2018:

....and this one from January 2018:

I'm sure there are more. These are just the ones I found in a quick search.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shamrocka330

I’m sure they appreciate the leeway you gave them last year.

The plan at the moment is to increase the operating window further into the day and the evening. They are currently operating up to 18:00 with further extensions of hours to follow.

Regarding operating before 07:00, this will be more complex as the airport is not proposing to change night-time operating hours which are 11pm to 7am. It has been proposed that the north runway will eventually operate from 06:00 so I’m not sure how this will work between 06:00 and 07:00 - they may use their so called ‘Noise Quota System’ (which would encourage the use of “quieter aircraft”).

But, with issues ongoing with local residents regarding noise, the airport operator may choose to delay the planned 06:00 opening until the broader noise issues are resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I stand corrected, missed that completely a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Just had two airplanes take off starting at 630am.

Is this what the residents are complaining about?

Advertisement