Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Probably the same amount of people who got cars very shortly after ordering in Ireland (not inventory) as Andybobandy posts. Funny I get pinged for numbers and the positive posts don't. But kinda a unwritten commandment on these threads "thou shall not dare say anything negative".

So let go with about 20 a year for the craic but more this time around with USS dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭mun1

I had an MY RWD and MY LR on order and cancelled both once i picked up an MYLR from inventory . Told they couldnt transfer deposits but would process refunds for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭wassie

Funny I get pinged for numbers and the positive posts don't. But kinda a unwritten commandment on these threads "thou shall not dare say anything negative".

Ahh Podge, not really. Its more in response to your need to periodically remind the thread how Telsa did you wrong under the pretence that its in the public interest with comments like "I get the fanboys but when people are considering ordering they should get both sides" in an M3 thread.

As for being a fanboy? Well all I can say is you really should of held on to that order. More than 2 years on and I still love driving my M3 every fking day! Besides, its not too late to come and join us...you know you want to. Why else are you still lurking around these parts! ;)

Ok I think it valid to state that and you'll see with many in the last few weeks were "promised" April delivery now pushed to Sept.

So the response to the original question was that there was a good chance of getting a car quickly and some got it in 5 days. That was misleading, its also good to know the other extreme.

I bought going on all the positives on forums saying you'd get your car in a short time and misleading info from Tesla. People should be aware it may not be the case and get the full context. There are many people in the last few weeks who have sold their car are are left in the lurch on delivery dates.

By all means put down the deposit, maybe prepare for the worst and hopefully be surprised. If you go the other way it'll wreck your head

Great car but don't make big plans around proposed delivery ranges.

I'm still lurking as you call it because maybe two views on things can help people make more informed decisions and get an idea of expectations (middle ground is probably the more realistic).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Anyone who sold a car without a VIN assigned was a bit premature ok if you got a great price and don’t need the car or have use of another, in my case I didn’t sell my car till VIN and delivery date were confirmed and I could manage without a car for 2 weeks. I must say my delivery experience for my M3 last year was excellent exactly 8 weeks from order to collection, faster than I have ever gotten a new car before not including already built and awaiting a buyer, but that’s not possible in 99% of cases for in demand cars. This time I ordered a Y in October for feb/March delivery and I’ll have it in March so again accurate. Tesla are their own worst enemy by providing EDDs that jump all over the place, a process that is otherwise obfuscated by mr shiny shoes in you dealership of choice. You’re right for the majority of buyers it will be somewhere between the 5 days and your experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Whatever about the moving of delivery dates and whether there's going to be a Q2 boat I'm still very impressed that there's 800 odd cars being collected this week and next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Just got model 3 and have a zappi already which is working fine. Zappi is set to ECO+ and have a timed charge session set for overnight. Model 3 doesn't seem happy and saying Charging Error No Power. Is that normal or do I need to change anything on Zappi?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Yep, but also you can put it in that mode and it won't charge unless there is solar or timed charge. I have solar PV though - about 4.5kW of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

In the Zappi settings, below Eco+, is the scheduled timer. You have to set the charge times there.

Yep, already have that. The issue is the below

Is this normal for Zappi in ECO+?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Is the error during the timed charging period or when you plugged it in outside your scheduled charge window?

If it's outside the window might change once your timer kicks in.

Car charged fine overnight so I guess that was normal. Bit odd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Makes sense as there was no power at the time as the timer hadn't started yet 👍

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Do you have battery and water divertor?

I have 4.7kw array, battery and Eddi. I barely export anything after that.

5kWh battery and Eddi. I'm facing SW with a steep roof angle so have been doing pretty well even in winter. Almost 150kWh generated so far this month.

How much was exported?

To give an example, I’ve generated 120 kWh in march. I’ve exported 6.5 kWh. That’s 80c of electricity at energia night rate. So do the sums if it’s worth spending more.

It was never worth it for me only for I got a Zappi V2 for €200 second hand.

What battery system you have? If you have the myenergi products then of course it’s nice to stay in the eco system.

That’s a lot in fairness.

Now work out of the car will be home and plugged in during export periods. Or if you’d get more with the FIT of 21c (EI).

• Advertisement

That's after divert with water and to my old EV. My immersion is at the top of the tank so need to get it sorted to allow heating of the water.

I've had 4 15kWh+ days so far this month and sometimes you just run out of places to put energy. 😂

Outgoing EV is 22kWh and Model 3 is 60kWh so will be able to make better use of ECO+ on the Zappi.

EDIT: have 6kW Solis Hybrid, 4.5kWp~ panels, 5kWh PureDrive II DC battery, Eddi, and Zappi 2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭akasudonim

@silver_sky do u mind me asking...

"EDIT: have 6kW Solis Hybrid, 4.5kWp~ panels, 5kWh PureDrive II DC battery, Eddi, and Zappi 2.1"

... is that a diy install or did you get someone to do it? If the latter would u mind pm'ing the installer name.. if you'd recommend them!

Sorry for off- topic q!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭josip

Those of you who ordered M3s last year in Q1 but who didn't get them until Q3. Did you initially have an Apr-May or May-Jun EDD? If so, did it ever get more specific with dates and a 2 week timeframe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Not sure if this helps, but I ordered in August last year when the EDD was March iirc. Within hours the EDD shifted to within a few weeks and as the date got closer, the range shifted to smaller ones. Collected in September.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Need a bit of help here. Somehow or other the car is limited to 113 kph and has been for 2 weeks - not a problem as I have no motorway trips currently. Can’t see in the menu how it has happened or how to override it.

Also pin to drive has somehow been switched off, and don’t have the option to turn back on despite going to that page on the controls menu.

Anybody able to enlighten me what may have happened?

221 rwd if it makes any difference

Check the APP to see if you've inadvertently selected a speed limit on it.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is pin to drive recommended?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Personal choice. Depends on how you value an extra layer of security (necessity to enter a pin to start car after you get access to it) as opposed to being able to drive car once you access the car without having to enter PIN. Thats why its optional and each person decides for themselves

Post edited by JOL1 on

Advertisement