Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

Folks, what's the story with getting a car from someone else from this shipment, pre delivery.

How do we work the payment and the ownership??

I'd be willing to take a car off someone's hands no problem, but will have to be above board and I have to be the 1st registered owner, is this possible?

Thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Anyone get their car yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

In fairness, if I got my car, the last place I would be is on boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Has anyone driven both the LR and Performance model Y.

Is the ride significantly firmer? The LR is already on the firm side so concerned about those big wheels, even though they look the part!

Have an LR order but seems like lots of Performances coming into inventory so could be tempted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Nobody had drove a LR on the new suspension in Ireland yet. The demo was the original older former suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,362 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

And I don't think Tesla Sandyford ever had a Model Y Performance available for test drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭talla

I had a test drive in a White UK Reg Model Y Performance in Sandyford three weeks ago. No issues with suspension.

Damn I was only there a few days ago. I've driven all Tesla Performance cars in all generations of their cars, except the Model Y

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

If you like FSD :

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

That long range is like a bad penny

I like FSD but wouldn't pay €12k more for a second hand car that has had all of Ireland and their dirty paws in it compared with a brand new one 😂

You'd be insane if you bought that for €65k. Has the old harsh suspension and all. And also had every man, woman and dog in it at this stage. For €40k it would be a decent buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

That’s mad money , im picking up a new MYLR white, induction wheels , on monday for €53k.

that one for €65k is a 2022 reg.

i see one of the RWD at €59k is already gone

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Saw a 231 MY at the Tesla chargers are Birdhill this evening. T reg MSM, looked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Doesnt make much sense that someone is spending €59k on a 2022 RWD MY when it can be bought for €46k new. Even if it’s a business purchase, it’s €51k new. Sure it has FSD which is ‘worth’ €7500. To me that has zero value.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭E30M3

For any of the lucky folk who have picked up already just a couple of items that you might be able to clear up at this point

1) Parcel Shelf present?

2) Are the rear seats bench extended on the two outmost seats and the middle seat is in about an inch?

3) Happy with suspension?

4) 2 charging cables?

5) updated rear door emergency releases?

Also what is everyone doing re Punctures? I imaging a callout for Tesla would be chargeable for a Puncture at any stage so are owners happy with that or happy to use insurance breakdown service and local tyre outfit?

Purchase a spacesaver spare wheel and/or a compressor and sealant?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Parcel shelf yes

Type 2 and granny cable present

Suspension was surprisingly good in comparison to my previous M3 on the motorway and twisty back roads.

Point 2 and 5 I'd have to check.

Pickup took all of 5 minutes, but definitely check your car for any damage or marks. While waiting for them to open yesterday I had a walk around and noticed a few little scuffs on some cars that were being collected that morning.

Most noticeable was a scratch on the passenger sill of a grey MY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Re point 2 they look to be the original rear seats based on photos of collected cars on FB. For punctures get a puncture repair kit and a compressor bought one for the M3 and haven’t needed it but the wife got a puncture over Christmas and got to try it out very easy to do puncture fixed in 10 mins and car ready to go again. It all depends on your comfort with doing something like that personally I wouldn’t fancy a space saver loose in the back of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Parcel shelf and 2 charging cables for all Model Y in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Rear seats are not extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Was this not meant to be part of the 2023 changes?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

1. standard. Has been since last year and well known.
    2. updated rear seats not present.
    3. cant answer
    4. granny and type 2 cable included. Standard here and always was and well known.
    5. Can’t answer.

punctures.

Same as every other car before it that had no spare. Mini compressor and plug kit. Same for BMW, Audi, Nissan etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Gets better, the court cases are starting now for those who paid for FSD, whilst Tesla cover their ass with the wording in contracts there’s a guy in the UK associating Musks tweets of promises for FSD in 20XX which is now past and product not delivered

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 roosca

Could I ask when did you order your MYLR , trying to get a sense of the lead times as the predicted lead times on the order site are not accurate.

It's not Tesla that is holding back. FSD beta in the USA and Canada, available to every single car that has the option of FSD, does exactly what it says on the tin. It can fully self drive in all circumstances, that said, the driver is still responsible at all times, which of course is a major cop out.

Here in Europe, we are held back by the ultra conservative stance of UNECE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

I still think it is Tesla fault for selling something which was not in sight to be ready. They basically use the money to crowdfund the development. On the other side it is people fault to trow the money at it. If you accept that you're crowdfunding it is noble of you but don't whine afterwards. Would you buy a TV with the promise that the remote will come at a later stage?

Hi all 

Follow on from a post in this thread last week.

Basically I posted last week about a large price drop on a MYP.

Strange update to the story below 

I snagged a MYP in red from inventory last week for a shade over €64k, but had a red MYLR ordered with a collection date for yesterday. When I probed Tesla they said it was a pricing error so I took delivery of the MY LR yesterday instead.

I was contacted this morning about setting a date for collecting the MYP, I mentioned the pricing error and the person confirmed the price is indeed correct. Which is a little frustrating now I've collected the MYLR.

I have a couple of suggestions that may suit someone

1. I'm willing to sell the MY LR in red I collected yesterday for list price. This probably won't suit many people but I'll offer it anyway. You would be the second owner.

2. Transfer the MYP in red order to a member on here. (€64,323.55 Vs €72000 list price )

3. I've ordered and have a collection date (next week) for a MY RWD in white for my wife. I may also consider selling this before it's registered, giving her the MYLR and I'd take the MYP, but it's a 16k price difference so I'm on the fence.

I have asked Tesla to put a hold on registering the car until they get back to me about the MYP.

Again I wouldn't be looking for anything above list price. (my dad is also considering taking this MY RWD) 

4. Buy the MYP and let the MY RWD back into inventory

5. Let the MYP back into inventory (but I'm doubtful anyone would be able to get it at the same discount again)

If I hadn't collected the MYLR yesterday it would be a no brainer really to go from a LR to a P for a shade under €4k!!

But to go from a RWD to a Performance for €16k, especially as a second car is a big big jump!! 

If anyone is interested in any of the options let me know

Admins please delete if not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Can you not return your LR within the permitted 1 week return window, ask them to allocate funds to the MYP order & pay the balance?

• Advertisement

I was actually unaware of this until about 1 hour ago. I'm awaiting a figure from them. There is a deduction per KM I believe.

Thanks for the tip

Advertisement