Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Festival 2023 - Day 4 - Friday the 17th of March

Options
  • 17-03-2023 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭

The big one the Gold Cup, will A Plus Tard give Rachel another winner, Minella Indo and Stattler are in my radar for an e/w for the GC

Ascending

Embassy Gardens

Chris's Dream

Accum E/W and Singles E/W

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

1:30: Lossiemouth 6/4

2:10: Saint Sam 33/1 e/w

2:50: Search for Glory 25/1 e/w

3:30: Galopin Des Champs 11/8 NAP

4:50: Impervious 7/4

5:30: Cool Survivor 4/1 

1:30: Blood Destiny could well be the best of these horses in time and over fences, but for a race like this I think LOSSIEMOUTH might have the speed edge and be more suited to a race such as this. She didn’t lose much in defeat the last day for me, and if the hard run to the finish hasn’t left a mark, I think she’ll be hard beaten here. 

2:10: I think SAINT SAM could just have an each way chance here and am happy to take a chance at the prices. He was second in the Boodles here two years ago and comes here after an unsuccessful stint over fences and two disappointing runs over hurdles where he ran too keenly. I think the conditions might suit him today and if he can settle in the big field, hopefully he might be able to get himself into contention.

2:50: This could be a brilliant race and potentially a lot of good horses could come out of it in time. I have backed SEARCH FOR GLORY each way ante post so will stick with him. A big stamina test would play to his advantage I think, so one is hoping he can get involved rather than expecting I think. 

3:30: I don’t think GDC has done anything wrong but there’s always still the question mark over the trip etc until we see him out there. I don’t think he’ll have any stamina issues and if he avoids trouble I think he’s definitely the one to beat here. 

4:10: Always an enjoyable race to watch and to try and pick the winner of, but this year I’m just going to put a euro or two on Shantou Flyer each way for old time’s sake rather than getting too involved from a betting perspective! 

4:50: Allegorie De Vassy looks to be an absolute machine. I watched her Thurles run back and it looked to me like Townend could hardly hold her back! But I think her wins, all in mares company, have been fairly facile, and IMPERVIOUS has come through a few tougher tests, beating Journey With Me at Pubchestown in particular, so I think that experience may just stand to her here. 

5:30: I think I’ll side with the favourite here. I liked the form from the DRF in the race won by Good Land, and I couldn’t really find anything that I wanted to take him on with. I might take another look later on though before making a final decision.

Post edited by howareyakid on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Russel pulled O'Leary's up in the last and now he's been taken off his ride in the GC on Conflated, hardly had a row about pulling the horse up? Very harsh if that's what happened, maybe he pulled the horse up because he was injured himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Galopin Des Champs has won the Gold Cup, a few horses fallen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

DORKING COCK 25/1 my each way bullet in 4,10

g'l

• Advertisement

ta, he weren't much good tho 😋

good name alright 🙂🙂

What a legend Shantou Flyer is! Such a Festival record!

great picking there Kid !

three "shorties" all win easy 😊

WD !! 🙆

Spirit of Legend and Firm Footing e/w in 5.30 that's me done

Cheers! Nice to have one or two after two washout days!

• Advertisement

That’s it for another year! Had a bit of fun as always. Hope you all made a few euro out of it on here! Hopefully all going well we’ll be back for another crack next year!

Advertisement