Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

sounds like the ISPCA has taken the goat off a goat fukker 🙄

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Edit: old news. Missed it with all the talk about yellow strips....

13 more Migs for Ukraine.

https://amp.dw.com/en/ukraine-updates-slovakia-to-send-mig-29-jets-to-ukraine/a-65021539

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

• Registered Users Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Do I find the points odd?

They are not my arguments, I won't defend every single detail. I agree with them broadly though, particularly that shortages and committing fresh forces to Bakhmut in an unfavourable fight are going to hold back a Ukrainian counter offensive. I am not saying it won't happen, my guess it's going to be much more limited than what people are expecting.

Completely difference set of points?

It's the same thing. Some of the suggestions being made in the latter need to start happening to help/stop the former. There are clear frustrations with the rank and file serving and the army leadership. No one goes to Twitter proposing army reform as a first step.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭AerLingus747

Be grand, just need to pull a Russia and all will be back on track narrative wise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

@wreneye is obviously unfamiliar with the unique Irish ability to spot a Gobshite from very far away. ( I wonder how gobshite translates in Russian?)

He went straight to temper tantrums.

It's interesting to see the levels of desperation apparent in his posts. After years of insular isolation and adverse propaganda, the majority of Russians are unable to comprehend what makes the West tick.

Did you know that only 20% of Russian households have a working indoor toilet?

It's a vast country, filled with a population of poorly educated, serf-type citizens who , if they were magically transported to the West, would find our society almost alien and completely incomprehensible.

Russians, such as our newest chap, have completely underestimated the response of the West to its invasion of a Sovereign nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

The same person, over & over, I think. Very similar tone - a tolerable level of condescension, underpinned by an obvious sense of insecurity.

Basically a child trying to do an adult's job 😉

I fear I may be converted if exposed to more of their argument (NOT)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭jmreire

The Russians really shot themselves in both feet bringing this case. They could not have done better in criminalizing themselves to a world wide audience. They say that the fish rots from the head down, and decisions like this are a practical example of it.

Mar 15, 2023 - Press ISW

The overall pace of Russian operations in Ukraine appears to have decreased compared to previous weeks. A spokesperson for the Ukrainian Joint Press Center of the Tavriisk Defense Forces, Colonel Oleksiy Dmytrashkivskyi, stated on March 15 that Russian offensive actions have decreased significantly over the last week and noted that daily Russian ground attacks have decreased from 90 to 100 attacks per day to 20 to 29 per day. Dmytrashkivskyi reported that Russian forces have somewhat lost offensive potential due to significant manpower and equipment losses. Dmytrashkivskyi’s statements are consistent with ISW’s general observation regarding the pace of Russian operations along the entire frontline in Ukraine. The Russian offensive operation in Luhansk Oblast is likely nearing culmination, if it has not already culminated, although Russia has committed most elements of at least three divisions to the Svatove-Kreminna line. Russian forces have made only minimal tactical gains along the entire Luhansk Oblast frontline over the last week, and Ukrainian forces have likely recently managed to conduct counterattacks and regain territory in Luhansk Oblast. ISW has been unable to confirm the commitment of the 2nd Motor Rifle Division (1st Guards Tank Army, Western Military District) to the offensive in Luhansk Oblast since certain unspecified elements reportedly deployed to Luhansk Oblast in January--the only large formation assessed to be operational but not yet engaged. It is unclear if the 2nd Motor Rifle Division has already deployed and has not been observed or if it is waiting to deploy to either Luhansk Oblast or other areas of the front. The commitment of two or three of the 2nd Motor Rifle Division’s constituent regiments, however, is unlikely to significantly delay or reverse the culmination of the Russian offensive in Luhansk Oblast, especially considering that at least five Russian regiments have definitely been fully committed in this area, likely along with several others, but Russian forces have still been unable to make substantial gains.

Looks like FSB have started quality control on the russian military equipment

Probably because of the corruption

Mar 16, 2023 - Press ISW

The Russian Federal State Security Service (FSB) appears to be trying to penetrate the Russian Defense Industrial Base (DIB) in a way that is reminiscent of the KGB’s involvement with the Soviet military establishment. Spokesperson for the Ukrainian Center for the Research of Trophy and Prospective Weapons and Military Equipment of the Ukrainian General Staff Andrii Rudyk remarked on March 16 that Ukrainian experts have found FSB markings on many Russian weapons components that Ukrainian forces have destroyed or captured on the battlefield. Rudyk noted that these markings appear not only on equipment such as T-90M tanks, but also on weapons’ microcircuits, and suggested that this means that the FSB conducted an equipment inspection of such weapons and components. Rudyk concluded that this means that the FSB does not trust Russian military leadership and is conducting inspections of Russian equipment accordingly. FSB markings on Russian equipment and weapons components, if confirmed, would have broader implications for the relationship between the FSB, the Russian DIB, and the broader Russian military apparatus. Either FSB Director Alexander Bortnikov has instructed the FSB to conduct these investigations at the direction of Russian President Vladimir Putin, or Bortnikov has issued this directive independent of Putin. In either case the FSB appears to be directly inserting itself into the inner workings of the Russian DIB, likely penetrating equipment acquisition and inspection processes. The KGB (the FSB’s predecessor) notably penetrated the Red Army and Soviet defense industry in a similar fashion.

• Advertisement

I wonder how many experienced personnel found themselves in Ukraine, and how many emigrated to avoid the draft? There was one case where the only paediatric neuro surgeon, serving a region of 400'000 people was drafted, and other instances where the building heating engineers were also drafted, leaving the residents freezing during the winter. Putins master plan is unravelling. The incompetence runs all the way from the top down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Even worse are those ex-cons that survive their Wagner deployment and got their pardons. So, rapists, murderers, back home you go. The RuZZian people put up with it, of course.

With 70000 war crimes under investigation,i think its more than the convicts to worry about returning home to Russia,thats if they make it home at all

Some updates from Bakhmut and fighters to Ukraine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

"I agree with them broadly though, particularly that shortages and committing fresh forces to Bakhmut in an unfavourable fight are going to hold back a Ukrainian counter offensive."

I can't see how you are after reaching the conclusion that Bakhmut is an unfavourable fight for Ukraine. The reports I have seen including one from someone involved close to the front on the Ukrainian side have given a ratio af 5:1 or in cases 7:1 of muskovyte forces being killed for the loss of each Ukrainian soldier. No one is saying the Ukrainians are not loosing troops in Bakhmut and they have been gradually falling back but if they can kill 5 to 7 muskovyte attackers for each soldier they send into Bakhmut it seems their generals have decided it is favourable enough for the Ukrainians to continue to fight there. It seems to me that the fight there has already seriously depleted the muskovyte offensive abilities and hopefully now when Ukraine moves to liberate its country from the invading troops they will have no ability to respond and success will be achieved by Ukraine with much less effort and loss of life.

There was one case where a convicted murderer joined Wagner, and incredibly survived long enough to be pardoned and returned home. There was uproar of course amongst the locals, but Prigozhin had told him that if he experienced any problems on his return, that he Prigozhin would sort it out for him. how it finished, I do not know, but in the republic 's, where a family honor is at stake, and especially when a family member is murdered, they have a habit of settling scores themselves, But even with the high death rate, statistically a minority will make it back, and then the real fun will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The problem is they aren't flying operational aircraft ,

It will be the job of the communities they return to that will have the job of dealing with them, and God Help them, because Prigozhin has promised to sort out any problems they may encounter. But he will not be there 24/7 to look after them either.

Yes, and there are lots of posters advising that Ukraine forces should pull back from Bakhmut etc, but what happens then? You will have Bakhmut 2, and it might not be as favorable to the Bakhmut defenders as Bakhmut 1. I'd be inclined to trust the Ukrainian commanders decisions on the subject of Bakhmut.

Exactly,and those communites will suffer with these war criminals and PTSD for a long time after,and with Russias economy going down the drain,the crime rates will definately go up with it.

Russian gulags will be busy ahead

• Advertisement

It's always great making these calls to withdraw from Ukrainan towns and cities, when your sitting in front or a phone or laptop here on board's and not making decisions based off what's actually happening on the ground in Ukraine,

People who's Toughest decision is deciding what low fat dairy alternative is going in their Starbucks order ,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Mad how they stole all those planes isn't it? Like how is that a thing, they are still able to fly them around.

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Precisely, let the rabid dog clamp down on ONE limb whilst repeatedly hitting it over the head.

It makes no sense to give it another option, unless a trap is set.

International criminal court issues an arrest warrant for Vladimir Putin on War crimes charges.

It also issued a warrant for the arrest for Maria Alekseyevna Lvova-Belova, Russia's commissioner for children’s rights, on similar allegations.

Wasn't expecting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mike3549

International Court in The Hague issued an arrest warrant for Vladimir Putin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭rogber

The exact opposite is true as well. The people calling to stick it out no matter how hard it gets but wouldn't dream of going over there and volunteering to fight themselves, though Ukraine would love the help.

This sends the right message to all Muscovites.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭briany

The UAF has understood the need to outmanoeuvre the Russians in this war and I can only imagine that they're also getting real time intelligence and strategic advice from NATO as well. Given all of that, it would stand to reason that Ukraine would not be rolling its sleeves up in Bakhmut if it wasn't assessed that there was a big strategic boon in doing so.

I wonder if the Xi ping will still go to Moscow ,

Especially now that putin is a wanted international criminal

Won't look too good for any future state visits ,

Did I see a recent visit from one half the the assputin regime from Syria

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭briany

That reads like Putin wants to arrest Xi.

Anyway, no, I doubt Xi will care.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement