Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunter Biden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

Yeah that's not even what I meant, it's when you ask them why they think the laptop is interesting they can't tell you either. The laptop itself is a nothing burger and the big story about twitter suppressing the story is a nothing burger too.

All nonsense like everything Trump and his fans spout.

What conservatives bring to US politics is just embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not just 'those accounts' from actual journalists, or 'evil musk haters' as some people are making them out to be.

Even Fox News sat down with the legally blind, computer repair shop owner, and told him, and the world, there was no smoking guns in the "Twitter Files."

“As much as we’ve seen from what Elon released about the coordination between the government and Twitter, there isn’t necessarily a smoking gun to your case,” Cain said. “In other words, we don’t have the government official saying ‘Spike that.’ Do you think that probably exists? Do you expect that somewhere and is yet to be seen? We see a Twitter that is ready and willing to do what the government wants…But we haven’t yet seen who made the call and who put it in their mind?”

Isaac answered with his hypothesis that “the FBI is smart enough not to create a paper trail when it comes to affecting the course of an election.”

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Nothing burger, interesting all of the posters and outlets using the exact same phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

And if thats what's interesting haha, I think we might even have a nothing burger thread.

Nothing interesting on the laptop. Nothing interesting on twitter files. Nothing interesting in the thread.

• Advertisement

This is the exact phrasing the republican established drummed repeatedly over the "Russia Witch Hunt"

So I don't know why you find this surprising, unfair, or conspiratorial.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,520 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

That's their words, it's like "let's go Brandon" they don't like it when you turn the tables on them and use their very own phrases, for some reason it upsets them a lot because those are words to use against the likes of you and I.

To us, it's a nothing burger😁

What's alarming is that many on the Democrat side of things simply do not want to believe Hunter Biden may have done something wrong.

They'd rather attack the Republicans than actually ascertain the truth about Hunter Biden.

An abject state of denial.

Says everything you need to know about their value for evidence.

This is a load of shyte.

Hunter Biden is being grand juried. 3 DOJs have been investigating him.

This says due process.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,610 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Who thinks hunter did nothing wrong? At most they would sympathise over someone with addiction problems, but almost all (we'll let you find the remainder) agree that if hunter has done something wrong, he should be punished/sentenced/fined appropriately for it.

All the locals on the right have made excuses or gone running when asked what they think is on the laptop and what it means (likely as they are only interested in attacking Joe Biden about it), they're not really interested in hunter as an entity.

• Advertisement

Let me clear something up for you as you seem to think I am some sort of Hunter Biden fan.

I dont care that he has done drugs, I don't care that he may have shagged some hookers. He isn't a public representative, he hasn't nor will he ever (imo) run for any sort of public office so I really don't care about him

Now if it turns out he did break any laws and he is tried and found guilty then I have absolutely no issue with him going to jail, until that happens I honestly couldn't give a tiny shiny shìte about what he is alleged to have done because for as long as this has been going on there hasn't been a credible shred of evidence that he has broken any laws.

See how easy that was?

You should try it, let us know your thoughts on TFG's kids who actually were in positions of power in the WH, who definitely did enrich themselves to the tune of many hundreds of millions and in one case over 2 billion in dodgy money.

Evidence to date suggests he at least likely committed tax crimes and potentially even lied on a gun registry form, but I think the argument for the latter is thinner than the former afaik, but ianal.

He was also already discharged from the military, so in base terms he's already 'done something wrong.'

There's no real interest in Hunter Biden as you say, there is only interest, ultimately, in using a political vulnerability to regain government control, vis. impeaching Joe Biden, or as Benghazi-style ammunition in 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Cody montana

But your opinion is not based on reality at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,573 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Agree with the above posters. I'd also just add that degree matters. Hunter Biden's laptop may prove he did illegal things, and therefore he should face legal consequences for those actions.

But what the likes of Trump, Fox News etc have been propagating the past few years is that Hunter's laptop would contain evidence of him doing illegal or shady deals on behalf of Joe Biden, and Joe Biden using his political standing to help Hunter etc.

The likely truth is Hunter may have smoked crack with some prostitutes.

There's a difference between not believing he did anything wrong, and not believing he did the things Trump, Guiliani etc. accused him of doing which helped to make the laptop controversy so infamous to begin with.

"Federal involvement not involved in twitter and the laptop story, period."

Doocy calmly separates the spin from the story and Brian Kilmeade does not calmly just accept it. You're watching a man in real time come to grips with being misinformed about this Hunter Biden scandalizing

Kilmeade cannot square the difference between "FBI was handed the laptop" and "The US Government 'banned' the laptop story" he just sees "Corrupt government involvement"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

If the FBI, Guiliani and Trumps lapdog Bill Barr have had access to this laptop since 2019 and haven't found anything to backup the claims of illegal links to China and Ukraine enriching Joe Biden then you'd have to believe theres nothing there or otherwise they'd have posted the details all over the place.

I'd be more interested in how Jared and Ivanka made 640 million and Jared got 2 billion from the Saudis for what exactly.

"I'd be more interested in how Jared and Ivanka made 640 million and Jared got 2 billion from the Saudis for what exactly."

Its amazing how this never gets bought up by the usual suspects on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

My mistake. It was 2 billion, not 200 billion.

No Kushner couldn't even do that right:

Hunter Biden, actually made his own pieces of work and the sale of his work was very publicly prefaced to avoid anyone's banal claims of impropriety.

Kushner bought and sold other peoples work and then tried to dodge disclosures on it.

Thanks for the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Was it the Saudis who had to help Jared when one of his property investments was in serious debt?

Interesting that Ivanka made it clear they won’t be canvassing for daddy in 2024, guess they still hope to be welcome in New Yorks polite society

Hunter biden's legal time has formally contacted Fox News company, Tucker Carlson, Steve Bannon, Rudy Giuliani, and others to reverse course on what they allege in letter is defamation:

“We demand that you immediately retract these statements by spending a significant of amount of air-time on such retraction,” Sullivan said in the letter to Fox News and Carlson. “If we do not receive this written confirmation, we will assume that you both are not interested in acting responsibly and professionally and willing to reverse its actual malice reporting,”

Abbe Lowell, a recently hired lawyer whom Biden enlisted about a month ago, sent lengthy letters to the Justice Department and Delaware’s attorney general requesting investigations into several key players who were involved in disseminating data from a laptop that Biden is said to have dropped off at a repair shop in Wilmington, Del.

Bryan M. Sullivan, another lawyer now representing Biden, sent a separate communication to [Tucker] Carlson and Fox News demanding that they correct falsehoods from his recent show or risk a possible defamation lawsuit.

And in another letter, Lowell wrote to the Internal Revenue Service challenging the nonprofit status of Marco Polo, a group that is run by conservative activist Garrett M. Ziegler. Lowell provided 36 pages as evidence that the group is engaging in political activity in violation of its nonprofit status.

For example, they cited Fox News' reporting about $50K payments made by Hunter biden, that they allege were 'funneled' directly to Joe Biden. In actuality $49,910 was the quarterly rent of Hunter Biden's DC office:

It’s not clear why Owasco was listed in the space for “company name,” because the figure for “monthly rent” refers to office space Hunter Biden had once rented from the House of Sweden, an exclusive waterfront address in Georgetown in Washington that is home to the Swedish Embassy and other offices. It is managed by Sweden’s National Property Board. Maria Uggla, spokeswoman for the board, said Hunter paid $49,910 every quarter, not every month, and he rented it between March 2017 and February 2018.

Free wapo sourcelink: https://wapo.st/3jvGFcG

ie. office spaces in this bldg:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Sweden

https://wapo.st/3XYpmA2

Another wapo on this

They are also filing public complaint with the IRS that at least one name non-profit set up by conservatives is violating the laws on non-profits:

Lowell wrote to the Internal Revenue Service challenging the nonprofit status of Marco Polo, a group that is run by conservative activist Garrett M. Ziegler. Lowell provided 36 pages as evidence that the group is engaging in political activity in violation of its nonprofit status.

Which will no doubt run on Fox as "weaponizing the IRS" (I weaponize the Health Department if I tell them roaches are falling out of the ceiling at the Radio Shack, anyone can similarly 'weaponize' a public complaint to agency, good grief).

Post edited by Overheal on

And now for this dumbass hearing

Watch Live: Former Twitter executives testify in House hearing on Hunter Biden laptop story

It opens with Republican chairman misconstruing Facebook and Twitter etc. as a 'virtual town hall' so already off to a fantastically dumbass start.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭maik3n

It could be an interesting test case. While state laws vary with regard to the general matter of ''Abandoned property'' I'm not sure if there is any clear direction on contents of said property.

Any reputable computer repair shop, would usually just wipe the hard drive and then re-sell the item to recoup any losses.

Perhaps one could argue that there is scope for them to check the property for any nefarious activities but even if we allow that, the onus would be on the repair shop to report it to authorities rather than journalists or the melting head of Rudy Guiliani, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭SeanW

In some Democrat run cities, repair shops cannot actually do what you suggest (wipe the hard drive and sell the item as refurbished), because they will end up getting fined or summoned to court for some Byzantine, self-contradicting rule where the city can't even explain what the shop owner is supposed be doing.

(Spoiler: Louis Rossmann left New York City not long after this debacle)

TLDR, Republicans still have no evidence that any Biden broke any law.

[T]he Democrats are saying now, ‘Well, they didn’t break any laws.’ Well, we’re going to change the laws. But with respect to Joe Biden, we’re focused on him because we’re very concerned that his family was getting his money because of things he was doing, both as vice president and president.

But they promise they will have something to show 'in a few weeks' (just in time for Infrastructure Week)

"We have several of Hunter Biden’s business partners who were in communication with right now. And I think the American people are going to learn a lot more about this in the coming weeks"

Which softly echoes what Trump said his 'investigators' were discovering in Hawaii about Obama's Birth certificate.

Nobody has heard from those investigators since. Some say they are surfing and eating pineapples on the Trump payroll to this day. Some say he lied about sending them at all...

"I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding," Trump said an interview that aired Thursday Morning.

Asked if he has assigned people specifically to search in Hawaii, Trump said, "Absolutely."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is "the coming weeks " this year's "two weeks"?

Advertisement