Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW 28 - Transfer Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It might be worth noting that Martinelli started tonight (and is still playing well into extra time) whereas Trossard, Odegaard and Saka all came off the bench. I wonder if Sunday is the day we see Marty get a rest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’d feel like it goes that way, yeah. Although they may not have Jesus ready for a start, so it could be that they start Martinelli but bring Jesus on for him quite early.

Its a big blow to his expected mins after such a short turnaround anyway, for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Hmmm... I wonder will Martinelli's penalty miss lead to him being on the bench on Sunday. I agree with you that say that he would have been rested against Palace. I would have expected Jesus to start and Martinelli sub in. But will Arteta say to Martinelli, that he has to get back on the horse?

Zinchenko is the other guy who played 120 mins and in a position where you do sometimes tend to see guys rested.

Given that Arteta is managing in a title race and followed up by an international break, I think he’s gonna be reluctant enough to rest the guys who have gotten them to where they are now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mindhorn

Thanks all. Had a look at a few WC options and could not come up with a team I was happy with. So maybe a -8 hit is the way to go instead of wasting it. Leaves me with coverage in this GW and mostly a squad of DGW players for GW29 (planning to use BB). I’m not crazy about getting Maddison in but his fixtures are good and I can’t think of anyone else to fill that spot.

And the international break in between is putting me off slightly as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Did Estupian/Haaland to Chilwell/Watkins with my 2FT's

Full 11 for this week...

Kepa

Gabriel / Henry / Trippier / Schar / Chilwell

Maddison / Saka

Kane (c) / Toney / Watkins

Add in Raya / Rashford / March / Mitoma and my BB next week has 12 DGW's plus Saka / Gabriel / Kane

One of the Leicester ITKs on Twitter is of the opinion that Ward is likely to be dropped for Iversen this week.

That would be a blow for people who had him and a blanking keeper this week, or had him planned as part of BB next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

That would be beyond annoying tbh 😡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Torn between banking and going with 10 or transferring out a Brighton mid. Maddison would be first choice but his knee issue puts me off. Strongly considering Billing/Outtara as a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Bad news for anyone who transferred in Almiron.... he's out for 2/3 weeks

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Currently a good few pints deep and on this as a WC. Fairly content with it, as I have 11 for 28 but also 11 DGW for 29 with potential for another one with the FT.

Went with Odegaard over Martinelli as my 2nd Arsenal attacker because of minutes.

Plenty in the bank for Haaland in 30, with a route to Salah also, if needs be.

Estupinan the sticking point as he has that long travel. Want to try maximise the WC while I can. And don't want to be on double Brighton defence which locks me out of getting in March/Mac in the future. Can't really find another DEF which plays in 28 and has a nice 29 DGW

Would you consider Gabriel over Zinchenko? Just think his xMins and goal threat is better. Any worries about Maddison injury issues?

Very similar to mine. Going Havertz over Toney due to the 2 match ban approaching and the longer ban probably not miles away after that.

Toney could bang this week, but I don’t know if his expected returns over this and the DGW combined are worth a transfer (essentially what I’d be donating) better than Havertz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looking like I'll be doing a late WC.

Had wanted to BB in 29 with a -8, but Ward likely dropped is an issue. Also with Toney a booking away from suspension, and only playing with 9 this week even with a hit, I think I'll WC and keep fingers crossed that my players stay fir for 29.

Before the EL game, I had Zinchenko down because of his potential over the next couple games. Attacking returns against Palace perhaps. The CS is a near lock, so the attacking return is where the real potential is I reckon.

Bit worried about xMins now though alright. Gabriel will have to play (as I'm assuming Saliba is a doubt?) to ensure that at least one of the regular CBs is playing.

Going with Toney just cos of form and he is my planned out for Haaland in 30 anyways. If I have to do a -4 for Havertz in 29, it's na easy switch as Havertz is cheaper.

Very stupid here, and I shouldn't be doing it, but I don't really want to 'support' Havertz in 29 given who he is playing!

So I now somehow own a Bournemouth mid with 0.1% ownership. This will be fun!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

On WC, Almiron to Bowen, have 11 for this, but no bench.

He’s playing my team in the other game, but I’m long past worrying about having to play/captain against Villa when it’s the move (the relegation season it was almost the weekly play)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Changed to Billing, will have one on the bench for this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Only 9 players available to play this week....and three are Newcastle players! Who I'd be happy to see 0 points from them tonight 🌲

Almiron already pulled out so I'm down to 8 now, not looking good,but prepared for next week and possible BB play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

WC this week, BB next

Arriz/Navas

Botman,Trip,Chilwell,Mee,Cash

Enzo/Barnes

Kane,Toney,Watkins

Gibbs-White,Ncallister,Mitoma

1st time ever going 523 should be interesting,12 this week,30 DGW

Should make or break my season, currently stuck at 550k,

I'm tempted by Bowen myself, especially with the DGW at home. it's 2 from Rashford / Maddison / Bowen for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭shmeee

Haaland to Havertz FT

Fielding 10

Cap on Chilwell

Happy Paddy's Day! GL all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Haven't been paying that much attention recently - had 8 but not a great 8 and no obvious captain choice, played the FH - went big on Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. Had Maddison in for so long, but in the end took him out - little form and away from home against a confident Brentford pushing for Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Got him in for a hit to bring me up to 11 for this week. Guess I'm down to 10 now.

Advertisement