Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

I wouldn't buy anything off you as a Dublin man that doesn't give us any chance of winning this year is not a man that can be trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,000 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Fair enough but if you think this management team can lift Sam you're a braver man than me.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

They should have you giving the team talks!

Edit- do you think the senior players should effectively ‘manage’ Dublin and ignore Dessie?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

Lads has anyone gone into their season ticket account to try and get their ticket(s) for tomorrow? No matter what I do I can't see an option.

Edit: I had to use the emailed link rather than Google "gaa ticketmaster" as I usually do

Post edited by frankled on

Well i wouldn't think some of the lads on here would be benificial in giving the panel any team talks anytime soon.

On Dessie i don't know the answer to that. Perhaps that is happening already or will happen. I don't want to throw Dessie under the bus.

Where's Pat Gilroy and what is his role?

• Advertisement

It's not about being brave. I just see lots of good experienced footballers still playing with a sprinkling of new blood and even though we are in Div 2 and not as strong as we were there is still enough talent there to trouble and beat any team.

Can you name the counties who you totally dismiss our chances of if we meet in the championship this year?

Apparently according to 42.ie they describe Gilroy’s role as follows -

‘Gilroy will serve with one possibility being that he could fulfil a similar role to the ‘support role’ that Farrell himself had in 2019 with Mattie Kenny’s Dublin hurlers.’

—-

So I assume that means more than setting out the cones?

Gilroy and Dessie Farrell are chalk and cheese. Gilroy has a presence a leader of men., Confident- assured decisive. Basically everything Dessie Farrell the ‘manager’ is not.

Pat Gilroy with his wealth of knowledge and winning mentality surely has to add something to the set up.

Lets dish out some more capital punishment to our neighbours tomorrow and show some serious improvement on the eve of the championship.

Off hand, I'd say Kerry, Tyrone, Derry, Mayo, and probably Donegal.

Now, I understand the way the draw works and it's unlikely we meet all those teams but that the way I see it.

Derry beat us by one point four minutes into added time. How can you totally dismiss our chances against them? Have you watched Kerry lately? They have been no great shakes. Donegal have been very poor. Tyrone why would we have no chance against them? Mayo have been good but when did a Dublin team ever take the field v Mayo feeling we've no chance?

Look we all see the game differently. We may end up being beaten by one of them later in the year but not for one second would i totally dismiss our chances against any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I not sure about Donegal, you forgot about Galway. As well if Cork play Dublin again this year I would expect Cork to win. Cork will trouble a lot of teams this year. They will not win an AI but should make the QF's depending on the draw they get.

Armagh would be very competitive against Dublin this year as well. Dublin will unless there is huge freak results have to beat three of the D1,teams this year to win an AI and probably two of Kerry, Tyrone, Mayo Galway, Armagh and Derry. They may even have to beat three of them.

I cannot see that happening. Kerry will probably suffer winners syndrome but the rest are all hungry teams

Post edited by Bass Reeves on

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

This video of the Gards noticing Jason Sherlock at a parade in America is absolutely brilliant.

I thought we were at home to Meath today after being away the last day. Will be a tougher game in Navan especially as it's a very wet day. Have to be winning this game, though. It's good the game is on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Heading to navan now , looking forward to this and expect a response after the defeat to Derry.

Cant remember the last time I was in Pairic Tealteann

No Jack McCaffrey in the squad today. I see Craig Dias on the subs. He's had his chances before don't really see him as the answer. Good to see James Mc starting. Another game to see if Lahiff is an able partner of Fenton. McGarry and O Dell start in the forwards interesting to see how they perform.

Look, you're probably right. To say we've no chance is wrong. We're not in good shape as a team though and we seriously struggle to put two decent halves together these days, never mind a run of games. I've no expectations that we'll do anything this year is what I should have said.

Nobody really counts that one. We played less than a handful of games and Dessie didn't have a chance to put his stamp on the team due to the shortened nature of the championship.

Yeah you couldn't have done that as well if it was planned. Shock on his face.

• Advertisement

I was only thinking that Meath don't even start a decent row anymore, then Whelo says Meath have been a soft touch for 10 years. He didn't sugar coat it anyway.

Was just about to say this is not even O'Byrne cup pace. Then that stupid goal is conceded at 20 minutes.

Nice goal from the O'Gara with the head of hair -Killian. Scoreboard now a truer reflection of the game. Over as contest at half time. Not sure anything can be learnt from this Meath are extremely poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Wow, should have been a second goal for Meath and we go up the other end and score a goal ourselves.

Massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

By the way, the free awarded to Meath in the lead up to their goal chance was ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ref is a bit of a Homer today, some really obvious decisions not going dublins way.

Doesn’t feel like a 9 point lead for some reason. When wind picks up it’s quite bad so Dublin will be playing against that in second half so that may give meath a bit of a boost.

Im wondering if the Gilroy factor influenced Scully rightfully being hooked.

Best part of that half has been we aren’t firing on all cylinders , our big players haven’t been on their A game and we still look quite comfortable.

Was the meath goal as jammy as it looked? I’m pitchside and it looked like he was going for a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Two very clear things in the first half Meath are **** **** that fluke goal is only thing keeping score looking somewhat respectable and the ref I can't say without getting banned how he's acted.

Decent performance from Dublin some nice quick movement up front should of had a few more goals but hopefully it will come. I'd like to see Con push up a bit more but he's working hard as always and O Gara Is doing very well up there. Nice to see us with a target man to change things up a bit.

By the way who's the clown doing commentary with Marty?

I thought it was jammy myself - came out of nowhere. But commentary praising the Meath fella for the chip.

Decent half of football even if it is being played at a walking pace. My god this Maeth team are brutal though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jammy as ****. They can't kick snow off of a rope those Meath forwards. If we let these get anyway close to us it will be a worse result then the Clare game.

Advertisement