Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I'm sorry that ref is an absolute prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Linesman right beside me missed the most blatant foul on a Dub, that’s the second clear body check he missed. He was looking right at it aswell. Officiating is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

This Meath team are more div3 than div2. How can they be so poor? I am almost feeling sorry for them. Almost....

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

There getting a couple more scores in this half not playing into the wind but there very poor clear as day the officials are trying to keep the game a contest as well by giving them everything.

Closest we have looked to being comfortable in a game this season so far. Not gonna look into it to much as where playing a bunch of no body's here but decent performance much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,000 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Dire second half performance. Mother of God, it's like watch 2 junior B teams at times here. I can't believe how many goal chances we've given up today against this lot.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Yeah not happy with how much we have dropped off in second half and let them back into it. Need to play for 70 mins.

Best thing I've ever seen Colm do haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,415 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

One near the end and a Dublin player, clear as day was tackled aggressively around the neck. Deliberately, not as if the arm rode up or close…. It was a free and a card… not even a free was awarded…..he was about 8 feet from the challenge with an unobstructed view…. The only reason he didn’t blow and sanction ? Just didn’t want to. Had to have seen it, looking straight at it.

“ sure look it, already x points down “ was probably the mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Much improved but still work to do. Dominated from start to finish. Only Meaths fluke goal and two sitters spurned by us in first half it could have been a massacre at ht.

Ref was poor. James McCarthy fouled when in on goal (not sure if it was inside the box for a pen) but gives a free out.

Con back looking dangerous. Costelloe improved. O Gara was excellent. Fenton as good as ever.

Meath were poor but they did beat Cork in Cork so they're not completely useless but we were miles better than them.

All in all a satisfactory days football.

• Advertisement

Don't think.C Kilkenny is anywhere near his best. I thought the Lucan corner back Newcombe was poor. He let a simple pass go under his legs and out for a sideline in opening minutes with nobody near him. It's a long time since i saw such a lack of concentration like that at this level. He then finished the half by clumsily fouling a Meath man when there was no need. Plenty to work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Just home some decent performances like k o gara .Think it's the poorest Meath team I can remember so that has to be a factor when looking at the game don't know how they beat Cork.Of the established players both CK and Fitz were poor think Fitz has run his race an unbelievable player for us though down the years .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Just going by the scorelines, Meath have been no better against Dublin in recent years.

2020, 3-21 to 0-09. 2021, 2-16 to 1-13. 2022 1-27 to 1-14.

Looking at Armagh v Galway today and between them they mustered up the sum total of 16 scores. The standard in quite a few Div 1 games has been bang average.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i said that the night ye beat us in croker ad was shot down by one or two idiots , i made the point that while tyrone were still on the raz last year and in transition this year but monaghan and several others were boxing above the weight of division 1 football , there is nothing between them and kildare us or limerick ect

So we have to avoid defeat v Louth to get promotion it seems, should manage that as long we are up for it .

Not sure about that normally Armagh play cagey. But I was at the Armagh v Galway championship game and it was a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,000 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Good win for the hurlers today. Shook off the hiding we got got against the Cats early today and played well for the most part. Laois weren't up to much but we put them away with ease.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

McCaffrey picked up a small injury prior to Derry game. Lahiff is playing at wing forward with Fenton and Jamsie in midfield. Dias worth a look at as POCB has not progressed. Midfield for championship will be Jamsie or Howard partnering Fenton.

A better balance to forward line with Kilkenny at 11 and Con 14 and playing a left footer in O'Gara in right corner. A big plus to see Bugler coming off the bench and he got on a lot of ball. Howard got another run out. Still have Mannion, P.Small and Rock all missing yesterday to add competition for places.

Having Byrne and Murchan back has steadied the defence. Still think the FB line needs more protection. Jamsie and Lahiff were dropping back to cover in first half but a bit exposed in second half.

• Advertisement

Yes, i posted that team after looking at the Dublin team named on Dublin GAA Twitter few hours before game.

Lahiff is not good enough for wing forward imo.

McCarthy might not have the legs for midfield anymore.

I think we will see Gilroy influence come championship.

Off course it counts. Dublin played a more direct game that year than in previous years. He played Con at 11 and Kilkenny at 14. Brought McDaid, Bugler and Paddy Small into team that year.

Dublin 6 in a row success was a combination of good work done by Jim Gavin, Dessie Farrell and Pat Gilroy into Dublin GAA at all levels in terms of structure and culture.

Agree on both. Lahiff will struggle to start when everyone returns. Would prefer McCarthy at centre back but nobody else stepping up to partner Fenton hence why Dias has been drafted in. I think it will be Howard if he is not starting wing forward.

Hopefully a decent performance tomorrow not sure where we are really after beating a really poor Meath team last day.The Mickey Harte effect seems to have Louth going well enough and they will be well up for this with a big prize on the line especially for them .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

If Louth somehow beat us to they go 2nd or does it go down to point scored difference ?

Big pitch - Croke Park. Even Dessie can't mess it up surely? Even though he tried his best v Clare to do that.

If it was away I would be much more worried. Assume there won't be much of a crowd at it as well. So it will have an O'Byrne Cup feel to it.

Louth have surprised many with their form in this league but i'm afraid the Wee county party ends tomorrow. I can see Dublin winning this game with a bit to spare, possibly by 10+ points. Championship around the corner players looking better and fitter. Places up for grabs. Nice place to be.

I expect to win but our Croke Park performances haven't been great so far if we end up playing like versus Clare or Kildare it could be on the line so not the comfy win most seem to expect .Obviously hope I am wrong and we turn in a good performance and do the same to Derry .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Cluxton can be seen warming up with the keepers. What's going on?

Advertisement